Klosterpost Hotel

Great location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 30, 2011

Update June 2014:
Once again we spent a night in the Klosterpost. We arrived at 4pm on Sunday afternoon and found the door locked. I rang the bell and was asked through the intercom if I had reserved. I spelled my name and was given a code number to punch in. Immediately afterwards our key fell out, like in a vending machine. This was a first for me. There was no staff at all in the hotel until Monday morning.
We had a room on third floor, with a large wooden beam in the middle of the room. It looked very cozy.Our window overlooked part of the cloister and the vineyards. The bedroom and the bathroom were nice, but nothing special. We paid 79 Euro for the double,which I think is a bit too much for what the hotel offers. However, you pay for the view and for the location, which is simply great.

Breakfast is not included. This would have been another 10 Euro per person, but just across from the hotel there is Klostercafé offering several different breakfast varieties, starting from 4,20 Euro.
Apart from the location the best part of the Klosterpost is their restaurant inside the cloister yard. In fact that's the reason we chose to stay there.

In 2011 I was taking my mother for a family meeting in Maulbronn and had been searching for a place to stay. So I looked at the official website of Maulbronn , at VT, at Tripadvisor, booking.com and any other site I could think of. We were going to be there during a German holiday.

Pretty soon I realized that despite the town's website speaking of several hotels, there are only two really in Maulbronn. I emailed both of them, asking if they had rooms available and how accessible they were, as my mother has problems walking.

One hotel never bothered to reply,( not the second one mentioned on the VT database, there is a third one in Maulbrnn), the other, the Klosterpost, answered very fast and very friendly.
During my previous visits to Maulbronn I had seen their main entrace and the stairs leading up to the door. You can see them on the picture. I wasn't sure if we could book there. But I was told there is a side entrance leading straight to the lift without any steps in between. They said they could give my mother a room close to the lift, where she wouldn't have to walk far. I could get the room next to her, even if this was not a single I wouldn't have to pay more.
I booked our rooms and we were very happy with them.

Unique Quality: The best part of this hotel is the location, it's right outside the old monastery.
The reviews on tripadvisor had not been very good, but our rooms were large, clean and not noisy at all. My mother's overlooked the main street, but even there we didn't find it very loud.
My room overlooked the entrance to the monastery. There were many day trippers and I could hear them speaking in the afternoon, but at night it was quiet.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
As we had breakfast with the family, I cannot tell you anything about the breakfast in the hotel. It is not included in the rate, but 10 Euro extra.
I could have booked a spot in the parking garage, but since the very large parking lot of the monastery is just down the lane, I parked there. Parking there is free.

We paid 49 Euro per room, given the location I think this was adequate. However, I think the extras like parking and breakfast should be included.

Directions: From the roundabout at the entrance to Maulbronn just follow the street, the hotel is on the left.
A small lane leads down to the parking lot and the side entrance.

Nearby Klosterpost Hotel

3 Photos of Klosterpost Hotel

View Professional Photos

Maulbronn Travel Forum

Need advice about Maulbronn, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Maulbronn and ask our Answer Gurus.