Schuetzen Meersburg Hotel-Restaurant

More about Meersburg

House of 1000 Cuckoo clocksHouse of 1000 Cuckoo clocks

Neues SchlossNeues Schloss

Meersburg VinyardMeersburg Vinyard

Meersburg, from the ferry on BodenseeMeersburg, from the ferry on Bodensee

Meersburg in late November

by GaryD

Hi,

I am organizing a weekend trip to Meersburg for ten people.

We will be flying into Friedrichshafen on the 21st November,,, Friday night 21.30, is there a bus or a train that we can take to Meersburg at that time.

I know there is no boats running that late,,,or should we just hire cars.

We are looking to reserve 5 rooms in the 3 Stuben hotel, Meersburg anyone know of this hotel.

Will there be any shops and Restaurants open, Or should we reserve dinner at the hotel

Thanks for any help

Gary

by abalada

DB timetable
From: FDH
To: Meersburg

> is there a bus or a train that we can take to Meersburg at that time.

> Will there be any shops and Restaurants open,
It will be towards 23.00 till you're in Meersburg.
Shops won't be open for sure.
Classical restaurants will have also closed there kitchen at this time.

Probably best to ask the hotel in Meersburg for advice.

by Kathrin_E

You won't be in Meersburg before 23.00, then the rooms have to be distriubuted, people will want to take their lugage to the rooms, refresh... then it's 23.30 or later. Your only option about dinner will be asking your hotel in a very polite way, and in advance, IF they see any chance to serve you anything for dinner at that hour. You cannot take that for granted. I do not know that particular hotel but don't think it's a five star place that serves food around the clock. In most restaurants the kitchen closes at 22.00. I do not even think there are many fast food places in old town Meersburg. Shops will definitely not be open at that hour. Have a word with the hotel.

by GaryD

Thank you so much for your help.....

I guess we can eat beforehand at the airport before we fly out

do shops open on Saturday and Sunday? dose anyone know of a good restaurant for the Saturday night

thanks again

Gary

by Kakapo2

All souvenir shops - and Meersburg's shops are mostly souvenirs... - will be open on Saturdays and Sundays.

Hotel zum Schiff (right at the lakefront, near the ferry terminal) has a good restaurant. Many of the other restaurants along the water have been transformed into pizzerias.

Further up the hill Hotel Löwen has a very good restaurant, and the building itself is so beautiful that I photograph it every time I am in Meersburg ;-)

BTW Your hotel 3 Stuben has an award winning restaurant, so must be good as well. I have just not eaten there.

Just try to remember the name of a great more rustic restaurant on the other side of the main road where we had great food last time I was in Meersburg...

Found it!

Zum letzten Heller - good food, rustic, great value for money.

Travel Tips for Meersburg

Meersburg on the other side of the Bodensee

by lifeisatrip

"A Rustic lakeside town"

Quaint but ,unfortunately, full of tourists just like every other beautiful places on the planet.

Meersburg is a ferry ride across the lake from Konstanz, car and all. Or one can drive on land around to the northside of the lake.

"Look! The town is down there!"

MEERSBURG

by Pakistaniguy

Dear Visitors

There are currently not many pictures, tips or travelogues here. For more information related to places in Germany, you may visit my other German Pages like Konstanz, Duesseldorf, Feldberg or Frankfurt am Main,

Thank you for your visit. Hope to see you here again.

Cheers,
Umer Durrani

PS: To help me in improving the quality of my travel pages, if possible please leave your comments and vote the travel tips. Thanks.

Comments