Bahnhofstr. 12, Reutlingen, Baden-Wurttemberg, 72764, Germany

A nice metzgerei, pork 500 waysA nice metzgerei, pork 500 ways

Travel Tips for Reutlingen

Reutlingen

by JetlagCity

"Late Winter / Early Spring"

My sister Stephanie is living in Reutlingen during a six-month work assignment in Germany. Of course I saw this as an opportunity to visit her and see Germany at the same time! : ) So my cousin Brenda and I spent a week in March with Stephanie and her boyfriend, whom I dubbed "The Wolfman". Stephanie's flat here was our home base. We didn't do much specific sight-seeing, just walked through the town and looked around. Reutlingen has about 110,000 people, but its "old town" area is mostly pedestrianized, compact, and very nice. There's a market in the main square on Saturday mornings. A nice gothic church, too.

Both restaurants we tried here were good. Maximilians was the site of our farewell dinner in Germany before our flight home at the end of the week. It has a wider variety of food than traditional German restaurants and has a more modern feel to it.

There are also quite a few Italian restaurants in Baden-Wurttemburg, which was great because not only do I love Italian food, I can read a lot more menu items in Italian than I can in German! Fortunately the Wolfman generously translated many German menus for me and Brenda during our week there.

"Stuttgart Airport"

Brenda and I flew SAS from the USA through Copenhagen into Stuttgart. Stuttgart airport seemed quite manageable and is only 20 minutes from Reutlingen. The only confusion arose when we were leaving and there was no SAS ticket counter, but we soon figured out we had to use SAS's German partner Lufthansa's ticket counters.

Comments