Zimmermannstrasse 7-9, Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, 70182, Germany

Mercedes MuseumMercedes Museum

Grobnicki Dondolasi, CroatiaGrobnicki Dondolasi, Croatia

Mercedes-Benz museumMercedes-Benz museum

View from top, Neckar riverView from top, Neckar river

looking for english or russianspeaking Moms

Hi everyone
my husband and I just moved from US to Germany
I'm stay home Mom of 4 y.o girl.just looking for new friends
originally from Kyrgyzstan, I speak also russian and kyrgyz.
if anyone interested to meet sometimes to go out with families or just ladies, I would very interested
My name is Aigul, 32y/o/ , live in Stuttgart
my emeil aigulhuffman@hotmail.com

by abalada

better forum for such a query is

by GyuriFT

Privet Aigul,

We are about to move back from the U.S. after 15 years to Europe. I am originally from Moscow, my wife is Hungarian and I spent my youth in Hungary. We moved to Germany afterwards, than I got a job offer in the U.S. and instead of 2-3 years as planed we spent 15 years. Now it's time to move back...

I am interested to learn about your experience moving back; we have some considerable culture shock because both we and Europe did change.

privet !

ya tak ponyala, chto vy russkii, moskwich?
u was deti est?
a v kakom shtate vy jili?
nam v Evrope bolshe nravitsya jit'
hotya bez druzei skuchno ochen'

davaite obmenyaemsya emeil adresami, pishite mne

by kggirl

Abalada, thank you very much
I'll go see . I like forums ,I met good people in forums, but mostly I spend time in russian forums, so my writing english really pour,because of no practice

by GyuriFT

> ya tak ponyala, chto vy russkii, moskwich?
Yes, yes, I was born near Moscow, precisely in Zhukovskiy (near military base/TSAGI)

> u was deti est?
It is said, the Russians and Hungarians like the process, not the result :-)
We have three "results", all boys. That means we became a "large family", totally unexpected. In U.S. three kids is the norm.

> a v kakom shtate vy jili?
"Kali", between San Jose and San Francisco

> nam v Evrope bolshe nravitsya jit'
Sounds very-very familiar. Esp. if you consider the property prices in Silly Con(man) Valley. I am engineer who missed all the "bubble", just worked. So the result is... my ni figa ne naspekulirovali.. :-/

> hotya bez druzei skuchno ochen'
We don't have much friends cin the States.

Travel Tips for Stuttgart

Balls

by bugulma

It was everywhere in German cities in waiting of the beginning of the Football World Championship in Germany (June 9 - July 9, 2006). In Stuttgart the ball situated in front of the New Castle in the center of the city.

Buses

by seoulgirl

I think buses are very easy to use. They have time schedules at the bus stops. HBF is the main train station in the town they are referring to. The ZOB is the main bus terminal. If you don't know what to pay the bus driver just say the stop where you want to go. You can also say the ultimate destination such as Stuttgart and he can give you a ticket all the way there and you don't have to hassle with the machine at the train stations. Email me if you have questions. If you have the time and just want to see where the bus goes and party somewhere just pick the last destination and get off where you want. The bus ticket is good for 2 hours from when you purchase it.

ZIMMER -for sure the best...

by Slydevil

ZIMMER -for sure the best place I have been in Stuttgart. The atmosphere is very cozy. There was always a nice guy playing typical German songs with his accordion. The wine served in ZIMMER is totally produced there,and it was considered the best wine in the region. Unfortunately it is not open throughout the year. If you are lucky to be there when it is open, do not miss it. The food is fantastic as well.

Probst!!! (Cheers)

by Beograd

Even if you are not a beer lover it is not an excuse not to go to a beer tent. The food and atmosphere are reason enough alone to have fun. But enough of the boring stuff!

And for you beer lovers, well German beer is known around the world to be the best and justifyably! I would recommend to have "wiessen" beer. Many people who don't even like beer, once they've tried weissen found it pleasant to the palette. Weissen is a wheat beer. It's cloudy and the taste borders on the sweet side... in a word: GREAT!!! Why do you think I could drink a whole litre, and then some!

While speaking of that, be aware that it is rather difficult to find smaller stiens during the weekend. After all, the principle must be held! It is the weekend! :) Small ones are available only during weekdays (we don't want people going around drunk! :)

State Gallery

by keeweechic

The Old States Gallery was constructed in late classical style during 1838 to 1843 as the Museum of Picture Art. This building was joined by the New States Gallery in 1984,. While the Old State Gallery contains works from the middle ages to the 19th century, the New Gallery contains the work of the 20th century including works from Braque, Chagall, Debuffet, Klee, Koloschka and Nolde. In addition the Gallery has one of the most important collections of Picasso's work is to be seen. Also 350 000 papers make up the largest collection of European signs and printed graphics within Germany. We arrived at almost closing time so I didn’t get to see much of the Gallery.

Comments