Blankenburg Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Stuttgart

Early Fire TruckEarly Fire Truck

Škoromati from Hrušica, SloveniaŠkoromati from Hrušica, Slovenia

The old market squareThe old market square

1. Hegel House from the outside1. Hegel House from the outside

amsterdam to stuttgart

by dongreen99

train from amsterdam to stuttgart

by Turtleshell

Yeah, what's with it?

by leics

There is one. Actually, there is more than one.

Are you asking for information about it? If so, use:

It's very helpful.

by GyuriFT

has wheels on rails

by ATLC

Hello Don, you've just joined. To enjoy VT, it's better to ask something politely. We all give our free time to help each other with travel questions.

Travel Tips for Stuttgart

Hauptbahnhof Adventure!

by lmkluque

Unusual sculptures were displayed at the Hauptbahnhof and after storing my bags in a locker, I studied the art work.

One can linger at a bahnhof too long. I found out the hard way. A man approached and asked for money. I said, in English, 'I don't speak German.' It was the politest response I could think of.

He just wandered off. Several other men asked for money or invited me for a drink. Each time I patiently responded, 'I don't speak German.' While organizing the train schedule to Vienna I included a full day stop in Stuttgart to visit two friends, Kirstan and Dagmar. The train arrived early, 0600 so I first had breakfast at the train station,---am not recommending the food at this restaurant--then I called the girls to say I had arrived. Their father answered, he doesn't speak English and I don't speak German. I managed to say, 'Linda Hauptbahnhof.'

He told me, in German, that Kirsten was at work and Dagmar was at school. Obviously, I'd have to wait a while.

Around noon, after several hours of memorizing the Art Work, I felt hungry. Since I wasn't going to give the restaurant, at the train station, a second chance, I ventured out of the station for a bit. My first stop was, of course, a restaurant. I'll tell you more about Stuttgart in the other sections.

Back at the Hauptbahnhof: I had returned, hoping to meet with Kirstan and Dagmar. I made another call and again got only the father, left another brilliant message and continued to explore the bahnhof. It isn't a large one so didn't take up much time, therefore, I spent hours sitting on the base of the impressive sculptures, being approached by many men (Studs of Stuttgart,) who either wanted to buy me a drink or take my money so they could drink alone!

Yes, Kirsten, Dagmar and their mother arrived--just before my train to Vienna left at 2100! They apologized for coming so late, Father forgot to give them the five messages I left! It was good to see them again, we had a nice visit. Worth the adventurous waiting .

try out Europe's first urban...

by suubi

try out Europe's first urban entertainment centre: with its exciting restaurants and bars, two world-famous musicals, DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

Within the SI-Entertainment-Center there are 19 themed restaurants and bars, a casino & six cinemas.

I have been there a couple of times and i can tell you, its a real HIT. However, cinemas and Musicals require you to know Germany. Musical: Evening wear. Cinemma:casualwear.

Swabian "Spätzle"

by suubi

My favourite restaurant is at home. Don´t wanna come to my place? No problem, there are a variety of traditional restaurants around town. Actually there is one at every corner. I can recommend you to visit the summerfest where you can get all delicacies at ago.

If anything, you have to täste the dishes which make Stuttgart!!!! 1)Schwäbischer Rostbraten: slices of roast beef with lots of fried onions, usually served with 'Sauerkraut', 'Maultaschen' and ' Spätzle' (Swabian noodles).

2)Maultaschen
Small pasta squares filled with sausages meat, ground meat, spinach, eggs, onion, parsley and seasoning.

All dishes are best with a glas of Stuttgart wine

Spend the whole day in SI-Centrum

by Hatschepsut

You can spend the whole day there:
-Sauna (Schwabenquellen) It is a very big Sauna with many many diffrent places. Sauna for smells, sauna for colors, outside-Sauna with blubber-bath.... ( I cannot write down all, you have to see)
-Casino
-Cinema
-Musicals (Dance of vampires / Phantome of the Opera)
-Irish-Pub

Johanneskirche am Feuersee

by bugulma

My favorite tip in Stuttgart, Johanneskirche in Feuersee. Church is situated in the nice area, you can mention wonderful pond around church. Pity I wasn't inside: in 2004 it was closed under reconstruction and last time it was open only in several hours for service. The church was built in XVII century and was a ind of 'usual'. But since XIX century it increased its role after the tower was built. More pics are available in the travelogue

Comments