Willy Brandt Strasse 30, Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, 70173, Germany

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Le Meridien - Starwood in Stuttgart

As a platinum member of Starwood Preferred Guest, it is almost my duty to stay in a SPG hotel on vacation (or maybe it is the fact that these stays are free!). Anyway, as we were looking into where we could book for this trip, Le Meridien in Stuttgart looked like a very convenient option. Located within walking distance of Stuttgart's main train station (Hbf), this would make for a great launching pad for our side trips across Europe.

The room accommodation is absolutely beautiful. As a platinum guest, I am always instantly upgraded when going to locations, and so we get to stay in a nice suite, with a king size bed, TV in the middle of the room, a separate sitting quarter with a fold out queen sized bed, and a nice bathroom with tub. Although the room was "free" for this stay (10,000 starwood points per night), I was sad that the internet access was 21 euros per 24 hours. Directly out my window is the Carl Zeiss Planetarium, and the Hbf. Within walking distance are the creature comforts of a McDonalds for American tourists, and a kebap stand for those more adventerous like myself. Also, right underneath our hotel is the U-bahn, or subway system.

When we took a day trip out of Stuttgart via rental car, we also got on well, as this hotel was located on the 14 (main highway into and out of the city).

Unique Quality: Interesting Oval shaped room, with a living area and bedroom separated only by a large screen TV which can be swiveled to face either room.

More about Le Meridien Stuttgart

Le Meridien Stuttgart makes is to my personal TOP 3 luxury hotels in the world !

by TripAdvisor Member JohnGoodman

Just returned form a week-end in this hotel. I must say it's been simply perfect! I do travel a lot and I am used to stay in the best 5* hotels, and this one is one of the best I have ever been.
It's located on a busy road within 5 minutes walk from the central station. However this is not a problem, no rumours come inside the hotel. The lobby has a beautiful, modern luxury feel. It's not over the top luxurious, a bit understated luxury that I honestly prefer. The check-in was nearly perfect, with very welcoming staff who speaks perfect English. Due to my frequent flyer card I usually have a free upgrade at Le Meridien hotels, but in this case them was overbooked and did not have any upgrade to offer to me. The late 16.00 check-out has been offered instead. I have been assigned the standard room on the 2nd floor, room 276. The corridors on 2nd floor have a nice bright colours and plush carpets, very nice smell is in the air, I don't know what it is, but I have already noted this smell in some other luxury hotels - it's very pleasant. The room itself was great, very modern and elegant decor, all the amenities you would expect in a 5* hotel. The only thing missing was the tea making facilities - it's strange how commonly the lux hotels overlooks this particular! But for the rest the room was perfect - giant bed that was sooo comfortable, big marble bathroom with a giant shower - all things that one of the previous reviewers have noted in the executive room where in my standard one as well - except the free minibar. Another great thing about this hotel was the SPA. It have a great indoor pool, a small whirlpool and many nice girls for the massage treatments. I had 2 massages during my stay and, to my surprise them was really great ( but far from cheap ), one of the best ones that I ever had! And I do have massage quite often, in different spas around the world, so I know what I am talking about! Later in the evening I have ordered room service - great food, very nice service too. Concierge was very helpful providing the directions to Stuttgart casino' ( horrible sad place - one of the worst ones I ever been ) and the nearby restaurants. The breakfast was pretty good too, nothing extraordinary but still very good. One of very few negative things that I can say about this hotel is the fact that them apparently have some problems with the air flow in the bar. Later in the evening I have tried to go to the bar, looking for come cake and tee. It was really packed with people, all the seats occupied and sooo full of cigarette smoke that it was literally difficult to see! So stay away from the bar in the evenings if you do care about your health. For the rest this place was absolutely perfect - luxurious, great rooms, very helpful and willing to serve personnel, great SPA and so on! I would like to come back to Stuttgart just to stay in this hotel, it's a shame that the town itself is quite boring. But this place is definitively one of the best lux hotels around the world - so do yourself a favour and stay here!

Not up to Meridien Standards

by TripAdvisor Member AdrianUSA

I booked 2 nights, a Sunday and Monday. If you go through the Starwood website they will quote the higher weekday rate for both nights. So I booked Sunday night (cheaper weekend rate) separately and saved nearly 100 euros! But on arrival, reception downgraded me (a Platinum member) to a 'superior' room for Sunday and said I could have an 'executive' room on Monday night (for which I was paying almost twice the price). The room was OK, but they only supply one tiny bar of soap (none extra for the bath/shower) and this was not even replaced for my second night, so by departure it was miniscule.
On Monday morning I was told my only perk would be delivery of a key to the fourth floor 'executive lounge', but no one showed up after half an hour, so I had to go to reception to request a key. This was not worth the bother as the lounge 'snacks' are minimal. Meridien Stuttgart is far below the standards of other central European Meridiens (Hamburg and Vienna are exceptional and far better). The only feature this hotel has going for it is location.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Persicm

Stayed for 3 nights in late September at the excellent Le Meridien.

Location is good adjacent to a large park and less than 10 minutes walk from the main train station, shopping area and nightlife.

Hotel itself was very good value (£100 per night for a room) for a 5 star and had decent sized, modern rooms and well equipped leisure facilities (steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, pool and gym all good).

Breakfasts were excellent with a wide choice.

Staff friendly and helpful with no pretensions.

Overall, highly recommended.

le meridian is great

by TripAdvisor Member maidenheadgirl

stayed in Le Meridian 1st weekend in dec, me, husband and 12 year old. It's in an ideal situation, central to the city centre and railway station, but other side of a park. Had an interconnecting room for daughter. Great size. large lcd tv, marble bathrooms with large rain shower heads. Very luxurious. Only prob was the smokers gathered in reception. We visited the christmas market, well recommend that. Went on the tourist office coach tour, DON'T DO IT. She bored for Germany, and in german.

Luxurious hotel - shame about cold pool

by TripAdvisor Member Gilliantomlinson

Stayed in this hotel prior to picking up new Mercedes from the factory on outskirts of Stuttgart. Beautiful hotel with welcoming staff. Would agree with everything in previous reviews except that when we went to the spa for a swim the jacuzzi was stone cold and the pool not much warmer. This was extremely disappointing and, although the staff assured us it would be rectified, it would not be in time for us to enjoy the facilites before dinner. I would have thought that this should have been noticed during regtular water quality checks. The Christmas market in December is a must - and only 10 minutes pleasant walk from the hotel.

Comfortable Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member smh66

Came to Stuttgart for the Christmas Market which was entertaining (the christmas market at Ludwigsburg, 10 mins away on the train had a smaller but more authentic feel about it though). We decided to go for a bit of luxury for the weekend and stayed at Le Meridien. Can't fault the room and the bed was excellent. Get a room at the back of the hotel. We left our window open all night and didn't hear a thing; the road at the front of the hotel is a bit like a motorway and hence can be very noisy. All the staff were very helpful as you would expect in this class of hotel and the breakfast was excellent. As a previous reviewer noted however, the hotel lobby did reek of smoke which wasn't the most welcoming feature! All in all a good hotel, however, and it is a big however, I can't quite convince myself that it is good value for money. If you have the cash, then by all means splash but there wasn't enough of anything special to justify the expense I feel.

Great preparation for Christmas

by TripAdvisor Member des&patricia

Stayed here to visit the Christmas market and we had a wonderful time. The rooms were a good size, clean and quiet. The staff v helpful, particularly the concierge who gave us excellent recommendations on restaurants, talking of which we enjoyed the Paulana (?) which is a Bavarian style micro-brewery serving traditional German food, fried potatoes, onions, cabbage and enough red meat to deliver an immediate cardiac arrest. Also the Gluhwein and bratwurst from the market stalls were tasty and imbued a certain festive spirit. We were warned about avoiding the walk across the park when returning to the hotel from town at night, but all we saw were some drunks who seemed v harmless. I would say the hotel is in a safe area in a safe city. We really enjoyed the market; the stalls were decorated with every type of Christmas scene and everyone was very friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending Le Meridien or Stuttgart

A wonderful hotel in a great city

by TripAdvisor Member SalimaTouchal

I stayed at the Hotel Le Meridien in Stuttgart several times and each stay was just wonderful. The rooms are beautifully decorated in a modern style and are very well equipped with comfortable beds and spaceous bathrooms.

During my last stay in December we dined at the hotels restaurant "Le Cassoulet", which is just delicious - I highly recommend the Veal Carpacio. The hotel and restaurant staff are very attentive, friendly and helpful and truly make yourself feel welcomed and comfortable right from the arrival through to the departure. A wonderful hotel in a great city.

Comments