Ludwigstrasse 18 - 20, Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, 70176, Germany

More about Stuttgart

Stiftskirche - view from SchillerplatzStiftskirche - view from Schillerplatz

Blancs Moussis, StavelotBlancs Moussis, Stavelot

KönigsbauKönigsbau

3. View of the opera house from the tower3. View of the opera house from the tower

South Indian Restaurants

by neelv

Hey, found a few Indian restaurants in Stuttgart but none that offer South Indian food such as Dosas, Idli's and so on...

Does anyone know of one in or around Stuttgart?

Thanks

Re: South Indian Restaurants

by Ianchen

The only one I have heard of is Suriya in Ludwigsburg
- though I don't know what their actual menue looks like; maybe it's the same tandoori-stuff as anywhere else. I have not been there myself yet.

Travel Tips for Stuttgart

TV Tower

by hunterV

Why not visit the TV tower built in 1956 and ride up the elevator to the top where you can have a wonderful view of the city from the observation platform at 152 m high and have tea or coffee afterwards in the cafe downstairs. Visit to the TV tower

Swabians are complex people....

by peterw

Swabians are complex people. It is not easy to get really in touch with them, but if you succeed you win a friend for a long time...
Respect the private atmosphere of the people. E.g. they don't like that someone sits to their table without asking for
permission.

Spanish Tapas Bar/Restaurant

by antistar about Cortijo

I came upon this Spanish tapas bar and restaurant on Nadlerstrasse, after wandering around hopelessly with a full bladder and an empty stomach. I was in this state because I'd spent an hour searching for the Iden restaurant on Eberhardstrasse, as recommended to me by the Rough Guide to Germany, only to find it inexplicably closed when I eventually found it. I swear the Rough Guide is years out of date.

Not to worry, though, as chance took me to Cortijo. The waiter at the door, who looked uncannily like Antonio Banderas. He was watching me stand between his restaurant and another, but with a look on his face more like he wanted to help me than give me the hard sell for his restaurant. Without prompting I asked him if he spoke English, and in perfect English he informed me that there was no language other than German that he spoke. After much laughter I was sold, but he insisted that I see the English language menu before I sat myself down, just in case there was nothing that I wanted.

I picked the Spanish omelette, and chose a seat at the bar to people watch as they made my dinner. The place was hopping, and there were plenty of Spanish voices to be heard, and mostly from the customers rather than the staff. The food that passed me by looked amazing, and I was salivating by the time tortilla arrived. I was not to be disappointed, as it was fantastic. I had to eschew the complimentary bread, to make sure there was as much room as possible to stuff every last bit of the main dish into my stomach. At only 8.80, including a bottle of my favourite San Pellegrino mineral water, it was a veritable bargain. I left a good tip.

Tip: click on the Anfahrt link at the bottom of the Cortija's website, linked below, for a map.

Porsche factory and museum

by phil_uk_net

Home of the world's finest sports cars! Factory tours are available but must be pre-booked. Porsche Club of Great Britain arrange these from the UK and it is also possible to arrange yourself by calling +49 - 711/911-5384. The museum is open 9-4 Monday to Friday and 9-5 weekends and holidays.

Lapidarium

by JimKnopf

Here you find old stones of sculptures which the people there try to save. Many buildings where these sculptures been are destroyed at war or torn down.

Opening time
1. Mai - 20 September 2009
We, Th, Fr, Sa. 14:00 - 18:00
Su.11:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Entrance free
If you go there, give them little bit money into their box, they save the stones with money of bounties, they work there on a voluuntary basis.

Comments