TOP Messehotel Europe

TOP Messehotel Europe
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Stuttgart

Alte Kanzlei, Merkursäule, Stuttgart, Germany 2010Alte Kanzlei, Merkursäule, Stuttgart, Germany 2010

FunkemnariechenFunkemnariechen

United Buddy BearsUnited Buddy Bears

Tourist Information - StuttgartTourist Information - Stuttgart

Public transport in and around Stuttgart

by consamEngland

We fly into Stuttgart & are staying 4 days in Moehringen on the outskirts. What is the cheapest public transport in & around Stuttgart and to & from the airport ?

by K_V_B

Public transport around Stuttgart is integrated (as is common in most of Germany, and even in many other countries). It uses a "zone" system", where the price of a ticket depends on which zones you travel through, not which means of transport you use. From the airport Moehringen you need to pay for two zones.
See here:

by consamEngland

Thanks, this is helpful. Do you know if there are daily or 3 day travel cards available for journeys outside peak travel times ?

by K_V_B

by margsch

There are 3 day passes available and I think you can already buy it at the airport on arrival. It costs abou E13. and available from the automatic machines there. It is possible to catch the s-bahn within the airport to head into the city.

by Roadquill

bookmark

by pedroswift

I recently wrote up a (travel)log of a three day break in Stuttgart with links to stuff to do plus a bit on the 3 day transport pass which covers bus , train, rack rail at all times of the day and includes to/from airport. Best purchased at airport if that is you arrival portal...........http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/b3af5/#TL

by margsch

To reach Moehringen from the airport you don,t need to go into the city - look at the website VVS/de (Stuttgart public transport) you will see your options, all involve one change.

Travel Tips for Stuttgart

many churches , even inside the pedestrian areas

by fabrice

I was there with my baden-württemberg railway pass , but I bought on the automat a more expensive one to travel with EC-IC fast trains ; I made a mistake ; my pass was not valid for fast trains ; I was allowed on board just because I weeped everytime to the controller : ich verstehe nicht, ich habe viel geld bezahlt ; I speak german as a spanish cow

Ostfildern

by Nemorino

The Adult Education Center in Ostfildern, a prosperous suburb of Stuttgart, is in this grayish building which used to be a streetcar depot until the streetcars were replaced by the subway line U7.

My presentation here went very nicely except that we had to keep the windows shut because of aircraft noise from the nearby Stuttgart airport.

Afterwards we went back into Stuttgart and saw an entertaining production of the opera The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. My colleague, who hadn't been to an opera since her school days, was surprised to see how many young people there were in the audience. It didn't used to be like that, evidently.

The Complete Swabian Experience

by tericee about Stuttgarter Staeffele

Their menu, which is written on parchment, offers almost every Swabian delicacy you could ever want. From swabian onion soup (served in an actual onion!) to maultaschen (swabian raviolis) to Kässpätzle (swabian pasta and cheese), and every meat dish you can imagine, it's all there! And it's all good. I like the onion soup served in an onion. It not only tastes good, but it's the reason I noticed this restaurant. I could smell their great food as I walked past their "wine alcove" during the Stuttgart Wine Village. This caught my attention, which was when I noticed the onion soup being served in an onion. Since I didn't have time to sit down right then and there, I decided to find their restaurant and try it as soon as I could. I'm so glad I did!

Staatsgalerie

by jayhawk2000

One of the most esteemed art collections in Germany is spread through two buildings, one being an interesting piece of post-modern architecture.

You receive FREE entry to the permanent gallery with your Stuttcard (see my travel tips). Otherwise standard adult entry is 4.50 euro.

Art since 1900 is the focus of the new annexe (with a good batch of Picasso) whilst more classical canvasses (like a superb Holbein altarpiece) can be found in the adjoining gallery next door.

If I had the time and money I would dedicate myself to ensuring that all the great galleries of Europe had signage, captions, commentary and guides in at least 5 different languages in order to maximise the impact of the collection for the benefit of as many visitors as possible.

It is so frustrating to not be able to take home a souvenir catalogue of a collection in your own language!

Altes Schloss

by Nemorino

This attractive Old Castle was first build around 1330 as a simple defensive fort with a moat around it. It was expanded into a royal residence from 1553-1570.

After the destruction of World War II, the castle was rebuilt from 1948-1970. It now houses several departments of a museum called the Württembergisches Landesmuseum (see next tip).

Comments