A&I Koenigshof Hotel Berlin

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Small Room But Otherwise Ideal

Because Berlin is such a rambling city with its attractions spread all over the place it doesn't really matter which district you base yourself so long as your accommodation is close to the excellent public transport system. On this criterion Hotel Koenigshof scores double points being across the road from the Charlottenburg S-bahn station and round the corner from that of the Wilmersdorfer U-bahn.

When I'd made my booking, through www.booking.com, I emailed the hotel to ask if it was OK that I would be a late arrival - about 11.30 pm. They got back to me pretty much straight away to inform me that that wasn't a problem as reception is manned (well womanned as it turned out) 24 hours and that I should just press the doorbell when I got there.

As it was it was after midnight before I arrived but as they'd said that was no problems. The receptionist was expecting me with all the paperwork already done and so it was simply a matter of signing things and getting my key.

My room was quite small but immaculately clean and as described with a workspace and en-suite facilities. The WiFi worked perfectly, the bed was comfortable and being at the back of the building my room overlooked a quiet courtyard. A small bonus was that the reception has a small selection of drinks for sale and so a couple of beers assisted a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was worth getting up for and is served from 7 am which was useful as my flight (which I ended up missing anyway - but that was my fault for being a dumbdumb at Ostkreuz) out was due to depart quite early.

Unique Quality: So all-in-all this is a no-frills sort of place but friendly, cheap, and easy to get around from.

Directions: Almost immediately opposite the Charlottenburg S-bahn entrance, to the left as you exit.

• Rita_'s Profile Photo

Good value

This cosy hotel is situated in the very heart of Berlin, in the centrally located Charlottenburg district.
    The room and the bathroom were small, but extremely clean and comfortable.
    The hotel is convenient for the main metro station, Zoologischer Garten.
    Buffet breakfast is included in the price.
    Personnel fluent in english.
    To sum up: medium hotel for a medium budget!

Comments