Krausenstrasse 35-36 - Mitte, Berlin, 10117, Germany

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie

Adina hits the spot!

by TripAdvisor Member Bridmal

My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend break in the Adina. It is a really great hotel, very convenient with very friendly, helpful staff. Mini bar and bar prices were rather exorbitant but other than that, we loved our stay. I would like to suggest to the staff that they add additional toiletries as they are used in the bathroom.

Very enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member HANNAHANTRIM

I just arrived back yesterday from 4 days in the Adina Hotel. It is a lovely hotel. The rooms are lovely and spacious, we had a standard twin room which also had a sitting room. There was no bath in our room just a shower. There was a tv in the b/room and a tv in the sitting room, a fridge/minibar,microwave,kettle,2 cooking rings and dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. The bar is a disappointment as it is in the restaurant and there are only stools at the bar. We would have liked to sit at night for an hour or two and have a drink but you cannot do this unless you sit at the bar, there are only a couple of seats in the foyer to sit in so you are restricted. The hair dryer is not in the bathroom you can plug it in where ever you like. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is ample with the usual stuff. The hotel restaurant has a very limited menu to choose from which could be why it did not have many people in at night.We only ate there once because of the poor choice but what we did have was nice. There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. You are not far away from everything once you get your bearings. Spittle Markt Station is 5 mins walk down the road
from the hotel. It is a lovely hotel to stay in, I would stay in it again as we had a very pleasant stay and Berlin is a beautiful City.

Best Hotel I've ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member Digimox

This hotel is fantastic. The facilities are amazing - the room has everything you'd want in it - washing machine, dryer, cooker, fridge-freezer, very very comfy bed, 2 flat screen TVs, amazing shower etc etc. The pool, gym, jacuzzi and sauna are ace too. The staff are very efficient, helpful and friendly (mainly - one waitress greeted us like we'd killed her cat- which is the only quarm I have). The location is perfect too - right by checkpoint charlie. We STRONGLY recommend this hotel.

Great Base in Central Berlin

by TripAdvisor Member DGandSAG

The Adina Apartment Hotel was a wonderful base for our recent five-day stay in Berlin. Located in the heart of Mitte in the former East Berlin (more below), it's within easy walking distance of Checkpoint Charlie, a cluster of decent restaurants, and several nice shops (5-7 minutes), the Jewish Museum (10-12 minutes), the Berlinische Gallerie (12-15 minutes), Unter den Linden (10-12 minutes), and public transit (8-10 minutes).

Our courtyard-facing room (which we were able to upgrade upon arrival) was a spacious suite with a small but attractive bedroom (see photo), large modern bathroom, and large living/dining room area with a kitchenette. The large buffet breakfast, served in a pleasant dining room on the ground floor, was generous and satisfying; the cheeses and breads were especially good.

The attentive and well-trained staff at the busy front desk were very helpful in arranging taxis and reservations. They kept a log of customer requests and seemed very well-organized and professional.

The only down side to the Adina (which other reviewers have noted) is that It's on a non-commercial street with some large Soviet-era apartment buildings and some empty lots -- though we felt safe walking here at night, we can imagine that some who like their conveniences immediately at hand would not like the quiet, off-the-beaten-path location.

From our point of view, though, the Adina is a centrally located, professionally run, and reasonably priced option for lodging in the heart of Berlin. We can imagine that business travelers would like it (note the shoe buffing machines on each floor!) and that boutique hotel lovers would enjoy it, too (note the photos, artwork, and color scheme imported from the owners' native Australia). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Adina and would highly recommend it to others!

Simply the Best

by TripAdvisor Member FlashSydney

I visit Berlin regularly and normally stay in the Western half of the city. This time, though, I was after value for money. The Adina delivered in spades. We had a very spacious one bedroom apartment that was like our own pied-a-terre for a hard-to-beat price, complete with kitchenette and laundry The staff are fantastic - friendly, informative and always on the job. Every morning there was a cooked breakfast special in addition to the sort of huge buffet the Germans excel at. The hotel is close to many of Berlin's must-see sights - Checkpoint Charlie, the Gendarmenmarkt, Friedrichstrasse for shopping, Unter den Linden and even Museum Island wasn't that far a walk. If you want to go to the Ku'damm - Spittelmarkt U-Bahn station is two minutes away and it takes only 10 minutes by direct line to the door of KaDeWe. There's plenty of restaurants in the immediate vicinity from modern Italian to traditional German food at the Lowenbrau and Paulaner restaurants. I couldn't recommend the Adina more highly to anyone after space, friendliness, attention to detail and value. There's a wonderful indoor pool - rare in Europe - and free use of a computer.

Awesome hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Emmeline

I stayed here for 2 nights on my way to Sweden, and I wished I could have stayed longer. This hotel is perfect, and feels like home. You can tell it's new - everything in the apartment is spotless and sparkling. It has the most modern appliances - 2 flat-screen TVs, a flat-top stove, a huge, glass and chrome bathroom, and an ensuite washer-dryer! The apartment is bright, clean and very spacious, and they seem to anticipate every possible need. And the bed is quite possibly the most comfortable one I have ever slept in.
As someone else mentioned, the area is fairly deserted, especially at night...I walked home alone late one night from the subway and seriously feared for my life on the dark, deserted streets (I also got lost, which didn't help). But the location is pretty good otherwise - you can walk to most of the main attractions, and there's a supermarket just across the street. And the area has a ton of restaurants featuring every type of cuisine if you don't want to cook.
Berlin is a fascinating, beautiful city full of friendly people...don't miss it!

Modern hotel with a lovely staff

by TripAdvisor Member RoxxyGirl

I loved this hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom, 2 bath with a living room, balcony and full kitchen; perfect size for 4 people. More importantly, it had a washer/dryer in the unit. Everything was brand new, chic and sleek. The location was fantastic and the staff was extremely friendly. I also loved the pool and Jacuzzi- we used them every night. I know most people read these reviews for the negatives- the only major one was that the room was freezing. It was snowing in Berlin when we arrived. Our room was so cold we had to switch rooms. The second room was only mildly better. The bathroom was also not very functional- the shower didn’t have a curtin (only a small partition) and the floor was wet after every shower. The concierge was also clueless albeit very nice. We asked him for an authentic German bar and he sent us to the Irish Pub across the street. We also asked him for dinner recommendations and he couldn’t think of a single restaurant. We asked other people in the hotel what was in the vicinity. The hotel does have a restaurant but we didn’t eat there- mostly because it was always empty.

The lobby was also very modern with a small sitting area with a roaring fireplace- we used it to thaw out every night. Berlin is a fabulous city and I can’t wait to go back. This hotel was perfect for our needs- I would highly recommend.

Great Aparthotel

by TripAdvisor Member misterfusty

We spent our Christmas at the Adina Hotel in Berlin and had a very pleasant stay. We had a one bedroom apartment which had all the amenities you could want; cooker, microwave, hobs, washer/tumble dryer, dishwasher, and TWO TVs!
Our room was well designed and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful.
It was great to have access to the pool, gym and sauna also. I enjoyed a very nice relaxing start to christmas day in the whirlpool!
While the location is fairly near two U-Bahn stations and a short walk to Friedrichstrasse and Checkpoint Charlie, the street it's on is very quiet and dimly lit at night. Single travellers walking alone back to the hotel may be a little spooked, although I'm sure it's perfectly safe. You are better off walking down Leipzeiger Strasse, parallel to the road the hotel is on, to get to the hotel as it's more of a main road, there is also a Lidl supermarket there which is a stones throw away from the Adina.
Another minus point goes to the heating/air con system in the room. It seemed to cut off after a while, although we were never uncomfortable even if it was -1 outside!
Overall highly recommended, especially if want an apartment-style stay.

Fantastic Place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member MairaT

The room was really cosy, with modern features. Its easy to find and right next to all the main streets for shopping and sightseeing. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was very rich. The last night we found outside our door Christmas Chocolates. If I were to visit Berlin again I would definatelly stay there.

The Adina is a fantastic hotel - i hope they build one in every european city!

by TripAdvisor Member waggers13

The Adina apartment hotel in Berlin is absolutely fantastic. I stayed there with my husband and 20 month old daughter for 6 nights in December 2008.

We had a one bedroom apartment which meant we had a separate bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and a separate living room with a kitchenette. The kitchen was fully equipped with an oven, large fridge, microwave, dishwasher and all the utensils you could need. We even had a washing machine and tumble dryer !! Having these facilities makes it much easier when travelling with a toddler - I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel chain to anyone.

The hotel itself is lovely and modern with a nice internal courtyard where you can sit with a glass of wine in the evenings. Don’t worry if you are going in the winter as you can enjoy a drink in the lobby, sat on a comfy sofa next to a lovely roaring fire. The breakfast is fantastic, everything you could ask for and eggs cooked to order. The staff are very friendly and keen to please - each morning the waiter would bring a highchair for our toddler as soon as he saw us enter the restaurant and made sure her boiled egg was cooked to perfection.

The swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and gym were a real plus - there are changing rooms with showers, lockers and big fluffy towels and we all appreciated being able to have a swim and relax in the jacuzzi after a busy day exploring the wonderful city of Berlin.

The hotel is located in the Mitte district, a 5 minute walk from Checkpoint Charlie, Unter den Linden and fabulous shops in Friedrichstraße. There are a couple of decent supermarkets in the surrounding streets and a nice Italian restaurant just down the road. It is a 5 min stroll to “Stadtmitte” U-Bahn station which makes it very easy to get around. Look out for the lifts at most U-Bahn stations, they look like large telephone boxes and have the number of the train line they service written on the front – they take you straight down to the platform which is a fantastic bonus when travelling with a toddler in a buggy.

We found this to be a fantastic hotel, perfectly located for exploring Berlin and the Christmas markets. We would stay here and at any other Adina apartment hotel again and again.

Transport from Tegel airport to Berlin Mitte?

by CurryQueen

Hello all again!

Can anyone please tell me how expensive it would be to get a taxi (there are 4 of us with 4 suitcases) from the airport to central town? We're staying at ADINA APARTMENT HOTEL BERLIN CHECKPOINT CHARLIE, Krausenstraße 35-36, Berlin.

Is it also easy to catch a subway/metro or bus/coach from airport to Mitte?

Many thanks!!

Re: Transport from Tegel airport to Berlin Mitte?

by t_maia

Yes, it is very easy to catch the bus to Mitte. The bus leaves directly in front of the airport. You'll have have to change at least once to get to your destination. See:

From:Flughafen Tegel (Berlin)
To: Krausenstraße 35, Berlin

Get a dayticket for Berlin AB if you want to go around the city after you dropped off your suitcases.

Re: Transport from Tegel airport to Berlin Mitte?

by t_maia

BTW, Taxi should be between 20-35 EUR, depending upon the route and time spend waiting at traffic lights and whatnot.

Comments