Inge-Beisheim-Platz 1, Berlin, 10785, Germany

Booking.com Marriott.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• A Very Conveniently Located Hotel

Berlin Marriott is great, both in terms of location and comfort. We stayed in a 3 person room and the size was good. The bathroom was large and clean and they had iron stand which was very helpful for us. The check-in was fast, although we checked in during the morning time (had paid for the previous night). The staff were friendly although the concierge person can be a tad more friendly. The location is very good, within walking distance of Brandenburg Gate, Jewish Memorial, Bendestag and Tiergarten. The Potsdamer Platz S and U Bahn train stops are very nearby. The buffet breakfast had a decent spread although the sitting area could have been bigger considering the size of the hotel. Overall, a very good experience.

Unique Quality: From our room, we could see Bundestag Dome and Commemorative Bell Tower

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel - Well Located

Our visit to Berlin was to join a 18 day coach tour through the Baltic Countries and into Russia and several other former Soviet states.

Two nights in the Berlin Marriott was a most pleasant way to commence our tour. A modern hotel offering deluxe rooms, good service, fast elevators and well located for both tourists and business people.

Potdamer Platz is a few hundred metres away, Tiergarten parklands are just behind the hotel, the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag are within easy walking distance. Ubahn and S Bahn are within 5 minutes walk.

• the best

I too have stayed at the marriott, it is one of the most central hotels in Berlin. I found the location very safe, much safer than i felt in other parts of the city.
    The beds are the most comfortable i have ever slept in, and the rooms were spacious and clean.
    no tea and coffee facilities in the room although you can ask for them at the reception, but they usually only send one cup! so inform its for 2..
    the hotel bar was very friendly, and drink prices reasonable.
    will be returning to this hotel this year,

• Berlin's best hotel

I stayed there for 12 nights with my fiancée
    This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in the world because:
    The location is the best you can possibly have...It's next to Potsdamer Platz, The Sony Center, The U and S Bahn, The Arkaden (Mall) and is the most central location you can stay in Berlin.
    The rooms are large, heavenly beds, nice size bathrooms, have smoking and non smoking rooms, very clean. Superior rooms have a glass shower and a separate tub and the room was huge. Also this hotel has the only true king size beds I have seen since I have been in Europe, the rest are 2 single mattresses side by side. The rooms are very quiet, I never once heard a noise from a room next to me and I was there during New Years.
    The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful, the nicest staff I have met in Europe
    The cleaning ladies completely respect the "Do Not Disturb" sign and will never bother you if that is on the door. They just leave a nice note that says please call if you would like service.
    The executive lounge has good food (snacks) but sometimes has little bite size steaks with a little open bar at night.
    Their internet is much faster than other hotels

Unique Quality: Location is the most central location possible

Directions: U2 Potsdamer Platz on the U Bahn
    S1, S2, or S25 on the S Bahn

• Shihar's Profile Photo

Marriott - Potsdamer Platz

My second buisness trip to the city had me staying at the hotel Marriott- Berlin. The Marriott's in Europe are more upsale then the ones you will find in the States. My stay here was enjoyable however I prefer the Hyatt, because of the hotel staff.

There is a bar called "The Exchange" in the Lobby and another eatery next to the bar. Be warned that if the buffet is not included with your room it costs 23 euros!

Unique Quality: Walking distance to Sony Center

Directions: Potsdamer Platz

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Staying at Potsdamer Platz in the middle of Berlin

I was very well impressed by this hotel which I found very neat in its modern decoration style. Knowing in advance that it is a category 4 hotel (the Marriott scale goes up to 7) I was expecting something simpler but it turned out to be very comfortable, centrally located and with great service.

The area is ideal for sightseeing as it is only 3 blocks from the Brandenburg gate on the border of where previously was the wall. However I must say that Potsdamer Platz is very modern but not a picturesque or cozy neighborhood at all.

Unique Quality: Beds are so comfortable.

• Very impressive brand new hotel

A top-notch hotel, only opened in January 04 and very nice it is, too. I paid £38 per night using Priceline to get that rate, and it was well worth it.
    Lovely room, nice bed and plenty of good pillows, lots of fluffy towels and bathrobe in the bathroom and a good selection of cable/satellite channels on TV.
    Also enjoyed the sauna and pool, although it's not particularly big - hardly one for swimming laps in.
    Staff very pleasant and not overly-robotic with their customer service.

Unique Quality: The interior design of the building is great - you can look up from the ground floor and see all the way out the glass ceiling on the 10th. Nice piano bar area and restaurants, too. Good location, only 5 minutes walk from Brandenburg Gate and 2 minutes from the fantastic Sony Center building.

Directions: Get the subway to Potsdamer Platz. Note that the TXL airport bus from Tegel does NOT seem to go this way coming *from* the airport, unlike what it tells you in Lonely Planet/Rough Guides.

More about Berlin Marriott Hotel

Standard Marriott, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member banksma007

My wife and I just got back from a 3 night stay at the Berlin Marriott. It is what you would expect from an American hotel, good size rooms (for European standards, above par), clean, with all the amenities you need. The location is perfect for exploring the sights of Berlin, the Brandenberg Gate, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie, etc. You shouldn't expect 5 star service, but that is standard for a reasonably priced Marriott hotel. A perfect place to stay for a weekend in Berlin.

They exceeded my expectations

by TripAdvisor Member patienttraveler

Mine was a four day stay and I used the restaurant and the health club several times.

These are my impressions:

~ The location was as good as the best review that preceded this one… The hotel is in a good walking neighborhood, close to the old eastern sector, the parks and the Sony center.

~ The room was larger, great bed, decent sized closet and bath. All of the furnishings are still new and fresh. My room had a good work station, expensive internet access and was generally a well lit all around.

~The staff was polished, multi-lingual cheerful and effective. The concierge was creative in his restaurant suggestions and accurate in his descriptions of neighborhoods and menus.

~ The restaurant provided a good but slightly expensive breakfast buffet. I attended a business diner there as well and all 6 of the dishes served to our party were well presented and well received. The wine list was a positive illustration of management's focus on their customer. Good value but expense account ranges.

~ The health club was clean, well equipped and sterile in a Germanic sort of way. The pool was smallish but I thought the temperature was just right for swimming laps.

My overall take is that this is one of Marriott’s better run operations. The plant is new and fresh, the room was market priced and the staff smart and efficient. If I’m in Berlin again, they will get a another shot at my business.

Could have been much better

Maybe i simply expected too much, but i stayed 4 nights in this hotel on behalf of the reward program. This "reward" in reality made me feel like a 2nd class guest. I always thought a company should treat their loyal customers with excellence. Too bad, for them !

Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member tarzanldy

We stayed in this new addition to Potsdamer Platz for an entire week. The service could not have been better. The Executive Lounge was worth the extra money with breakfast snacks and drinks continually available, especially welcome during the winter snow that hit the city. The location is the best within easy walking distance to the Holocaust Memorial and Brandenburg Gate. An American type three story mall with shops and cafes is across the street. Marriott does not disappoint.

Loved it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member AtlantaDoll

My husband and I recently spent 10 nights in 4 different Marriotts in Germany and Austria. They were all great, but this one was the star. Location, accommodations, and service were all top-notch. We got a fabulous deal on Priceline, too. (Don't be fooled by the fact that I gave this place a four-circle rating instead of a five; I'm a teacher, and I never give anyone a perfect score.)

Hotel in east berlin

Hi

My sister and brother and mother will be visiting Berlin in October, they are looking at staying in a comfortable and central hotel in East Berlin. looking of paying up to 200 USD per day for approx 4 nights.

Please advise
Best wishes
Mandy

by Ritchie_Lionheart

Mandy, I also love the eastern part of Berlin. I always book my rooms in Germany on www.hotel.de .
They got good rates - frequent special offers, a wide selection of hotels in eaach category with good description of the location (on a map). It is not necessary that the hotel is in the center, as public transport (subway and local trains) are fast and frequent.
My perosonal favourite would be Courtyard by Marriott Berlin-Köpenick.
Enjoy, Richard

by Turtleshell

> looking of paying up to 200 USD per day

Does this translate into three single rooms for USD 65 per night or would a suite with a double bed plus an additional bed be ok?

And why aren't you going with them? ;-)

by mandybee

Hi thanks- they are looking for a family room- so it would be up to 200USD for one room per night.

by mandybee

oh yes- i am not going with cos its actually My brothers wife and her mom and her brother- I did not want to get too complicated in the question.

I would love to visit one day- I will get the full report from her! thanks and hoping to hear of a good spot for them to stay!! ;)

by mandybee

Thanks Lion heart!!! am looking into it!!! muchos appreciated

by Turtleshell

Hello again,

Hotel Augustinenhof (***+) in the borough of Mitte, within walking distance of Berlin's main sights. Nice interior.
Double room (EUR 122) with an additional bed (EUR 38) = EUR 160 incl. breakfast.
They should reservate a room facing the hotel's courtyard.

Hotel Mercure am Checkpoint Charlie (****)
Generally better service than Augustinenhof
Apartment with 2 rooms: EUR 197 exclusive breakfast (yes, I know 200 Euro are more than 200 USD, but maybe they have a better deal if you drop them a mail). Btw, I would not opt for having breakfast in the hotel (EUR 16 each), as there are many bakeries and some restaurants around.

If 200 Euro (incl. breakfast) are ok for you, then I would suggest the Blue Home: an apartment with kitchenette, double bed and a third bed in the second room, in a very charming boutique hotel in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin's in-district. It's still downtown Berlin, a subway station is a 5-minute-walk away.
A little cheaper is Blue home's sibling Ackselhaus: 150 Euro. However, you would only have one room + kitchenette, and the third bed would be a pull-out bed.
http://www.ackselhaus.de (both: Blue Home and Ackselhaus)

Thank you VERY VERY much- you are a star*
Mandy

PS If you ever need tips on Cape Town- just ask!!!

Comments