Weinbergsweg 1a, Mitte, Berlin, 10119, Germany

The Circus Hostel
Booking.com Agoda.com HostelBookers.com

• graeme83's Profile Photo

The Circus

Really good hostel. Perfect rooms and bathrooms. Internet available in entrance. There is also a coffee shop on the ground floor and a bar in the basement with a shrine to David Hasselhoff. Good central location - about 10 min walk to main attractions. It is located right next to the u-bahn station. I'll be returning next time I'm in Berlin.

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo

A 5* Hostel - Now with a Sibling that is a Hotel

What we have here, are a hostel and a hotel, centrally located and affordable, close to many main sights, restaurants and clubs. Getting from and to the airport (both Schoenefeld and Tegel) or central station is dead easy.

--------- The Hostel: ---------

As a (former) Berliner, I have never stayed here, but when you listen to what Berlin travellers have to say about The Circus Hostel, *all* you hear is praise. It's either "good", "very good" or "fantastic". Against the background that ratings for hostels use to differe more heavily than hotel ratings, i guess it's safe to claim that The Circus is one of the best if not the best hostel in Berlin.
    At the same time, while affordable, it's not really cheap for a hostel.

--------- The Hotel: ---------

This is the hostel's new sibling, a surprisingly big hotel right/diagonally across the street. I can't say much about it, because it opened only a couple of months before I left Berlin. I'm a bit afraid, though, that you can not sleep with your window open, as the crossroads is heavily frequented.

Directions: Hotel and Hostel are located a little north-west of Alexanderplatz, where the Mitte area borders Prenzlauer Berg.
    Rosenthaler Platz subway station is right and your doorstep as is a tram stop.

• caffelatte's Profile Photo

worth every (euro) cent

Hm... I cant beleive I am the first one to write about this hostel. I didnt find any reference in VT. Anyway, so far (say around 8 countries) this is the best hostel I have stayed. Ya, it may change after future travel. But I cant find any fault with this hostel. Perfect in all sense. Its location (right on Rosenthaler Platz, you only need to take few steps from the subway to reach the hostel) really appealed to me. Luckily I got a corner room overlooking the platz (unfortunately got the worst roommates so far, but I cant blame the hostel for that). Very clean, beats lot of motels I have stayed in US hands down. They also have a cafe attached which is convenient (not so convenient that it opens after 8AM). The folks at the reception are really nice and very helpful. ok, enough.

Directions: Get down at the Rosenthaler platz U-bahn station. You will spot it.

• sarahchris's Profile Photo

Great accommodation!

Would definatley recommend this hostel. We stayed in an upstairs apartment which was beautifully clean, great facilities, nice balcony. Staff at the hostel were really friendly and helpful. Our only problem was it was very warm and there was only a fan to keep cool - we were up early each morning due to the temperature.

Unique Quality: The apartment had kitchen facilities which was fantastic.

Directions: Subway: "Rosenthaler Platz" (line U8)

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Circus Hostel

I stayed in the Circus hostel for one night on my first trip to Berlin. It's a nice, friendly, reasonably cheap hostel in a good location and I'd strongly recommend it. They have private and shared accommodation available - I stayed in a shared mixed-dorm for 5 people and it cost 18 Euros per night (plus obligatory 2 euros for linen). There is a bar on site, and internet access too, though this is a little bit expensive. The hostel also organises tours of areas of interest in the city.

Directions: U-Bahn: Rosenthalter Platz. Not far from Alexander Platz.

More about Circus Hostel

Must be the best in Berlin

by TripAdvisor Member BJroaming

We stayed 3 nights at Circus Hostel in August and loved the place. It is called a hostel and has 4 and 8 bedroom dorms but also 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and penthouses. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom apartments, the bathroom and kitchen are shared with the occupants of the other bedroom but this isn't a problem. The bathroom, kitchen and bedroom were spotless. All aspects of service was excellent in reception and the bar area.
The Rosa Luxembourg U-Bahn sataion is literally outside the front door and the S-Bahn just a short walk away. Great restaurants in the surrounding streets.

Better than most of the hotels I stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member nomsl

Seriously, this place is great. It's really clean, very safe and other than sharing a bathroom, you felt like you were at an Ibis. I stayed here with my cousin at the beginning of September. We got a room for two rather than a dorm room and it was perfect for only 50 euros a night.

There are a good number of restaurants and bars around the hostel and it's close enough to the center of town that site-seeing is really easy.

We stayed at hotels in a lot of other cities, and in the end this hostel was nicer than a lot of them. The staff was also really surprisingly friendly and helpful for a hostel which was great since it was our first time in Berlin.

I would recommend this to anyone. The only problem was that the walls are really thin so at night it can be a bit loud with people coming in and out, but I slept fine.

One of the best hostels in Europe !

by TripAdvisor Member Flavio_C

Circus Rosa-Luxemburg is simply fantastic ! The rooms are very spacious, excellent beds (no "doubles") and very well decorated. The staff is very kindy and they are always ready to help you. The lobby is an amazing bar, the breakfast is very good and the subway is just in the front of the Circus ! For sure I would suggest this hostel for anyone.

One amazing 'hostel'

by TripAdvisor Member oblongmonkey

We stayed at The Circus at Rosa Luxembourg and it was perfect - the best hostel we have ever stayed in. We were travelling with our two year old daughter and they had organised a travel cot in our room, which they provided free of charge. It was extremely clean, the bedrooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. The bar downstairs was fabulous and the as much as you could eat breakfast for 5€ is a real winner - really honest, healthy grub. The staff were incredibly friendly and really knowlegeable about Berlin, offering advice about where to eat, best place to exchange money etc etc. Great location too, in eastern Berlin, close to Alexanderplatz - nice bars and eateries all around - u-bahn station straight in front. A very laid back, well run place, nothing was a problem for them - would recommend to anyone.

Circus hostel, berlin

by johnberg1976

Anybody out there have any opinions about this hostel? Im thinking about booking for a few nights in april. Also, my wife wants to know if you can buy Eve 120s cigarettes in germany.
Thanks!

Re: Circus hostel, berlin

by abalada

Using the hotel terminology I would call this a 5* hostel.

Comments