City Pension Al Vita

Niebuhrstrasse 4, Berlin, 10629, Germany
Al Vita City Pension
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Berlin

Cycling in Berlin, through the cityCycling in Berlin, through the city

Prenzlauerberg, MauerparkPrenzlauerberg, Mauerpark

part of east side gallerypart of east side gallery

"Berlin-West", on the other side of the wall"Berlin-West", on the other side of the wall

jazz club in berlin

hello traveling friends

me and 3 friends (mature women) will be visiting berlin 7-13 sep.

1) I would like to listen to some good jazz... any suggestions? (there is also a music festival at that time I guess but I would prefer a cozy jazz club)

2) I will be arriving alone in schoenefeld airport real late (03:00) and I am staying in Sophienstrasse...would it be crazy to look for a night bus or shall I take taxi?

thanks a lot

by Turtleshell

1) Jazz Club: Quasimodo

2) Sophienstraße in Mitte (district), I suppose?

From: SXF
To: Sophienstr.

After entering Sophienstr., pick the default "10178 Bln. Mitte" if you are going to stay in the Mitte area, and the house number.
The ride will take a little more than n hour and requires to change the bus or S-Bahn, and there will be a service.
Taxi cab is of course more convenient, at the same time significantly more expensive as Schoenefeld is quite far.

by abalada

You can type in directly the address:
To: Berlin, Sophienstr.

You'll arrive on 7. or 8. Sep. 2010 at 3am? There is a connection at 03:16. But this may be tight - even for the rather small Schönefeld Airport. The next one is at 03:47.

Public transport is EUR 2,80 for a single ticket. Or buy a day ticket for EUR 6,50.
Taxi will be approx. EUR 35-40.

by Odinnthor

Although I am mainly a reggae freak, I do like some godd ol' blues where i find it. berlin is likely the heart of the music scene in Europe.

Try the Ratskeller Kopernick. they have a Jazzkeller or Jazzcellar, that you may like.

Here is a list of many of the jazz/blues clubs in Berlin as well as other cities.

The Berlin Blues Club is a straight gas. You will like it.

Here are some conversations regarding blues clubs in Berlin.

There are many good straight up night clubs in berlin> Here is a list of the ten best. The Knaack Club is agreat place with after hours. Sorry for the long link but it is the translation you see.......d:o)

The Quasimoto Cafe is one of Berlin's oldest jazz/blues cellars in Berlin. A great place man! Again the link is long as it is translated....

Hope some of this helps. Have a blast compadre....d:o)

Thaaaaank you all soo much , I'm on my way.... Let me see how it will go

Thaaaaank you all soo much , I'm on my way.... Let me see how it will go

Travel Tips for Berlin

Beautiful Rhine Valley, German

by momdawg

I didn't make it to Berlin, but since Frankfurt is not on the list, this was the closest destination. I visited my brother who lives outside of Frankfurt in a "little castle". The countryside is absolutely gorgeous. The Rhine River Cruise. We met some amazing people from Berlin who go wine tasting one weekend each month. They invited us to a wine festival in a very small village. The festival was at a 500 year old jesuit monestary. We were the only Americans at the festival. We had a fabulous time and we were embraced by everyone. The Rhine Valley produces some of the most amazing wine I have ever tasted.

We also went to two flea markets. The are called "floh markts". I found amazing jewelry, antiques, etc. I had to buy another bag just to bring all the "goodies" home.

Neptunes Fountain

by CandS

Ahhh...Neptunes Fountain...it is very pretty at night! I would have loved to have seen it during the day too... There were lots of couples around here when we were there...it looked like a very romantic setting. :)

Bundestag and... beaurocracy?

by matcrazy1

On September 6, 1991, the decision was made: Berlin became the capital city of the reunified country. Since that time huge enterprise of moving all governmental and parliamentary institutions from Bonn to Berlin started.

Germans decided to put all numerous federal institutions at one area of Berlin at the place, close to Branderburg Gate where the Berlin wall divided the city into two quite different parts.

I was a little bit surpriced to see so many huge, never ending buildings of... German beaurocracy. OK, it seems that nowadays beaurocracy is a part of all well developed countries. Only in Europe? Hmm... I must visit Washington, I see.
Personally I think that the people who decide about milions of others should have the best possible area and enviroinment for hard work. It seems that Germans already have :-).

Taborkirche, Kreuzberg, 1903-1905

by Kathrin_E

Like many churches in late 19th and early 20th Berlin, the Taborkirche was inserted into a street front between the houses. The olive-green house on the left is original and as old as the church. The neo-gothic church has survived the war remarkably well except the loss of the pointed spire.
After the building of the wall the parish community in this eastern part of Kreuzberg became one of the remotest areas in West Berlin, cut off by the wall on three sides. This quarter became as much Kiez as can be, with social problems, occupied houses, political demonstrations, a high percentage of migrants. The parsons and the community faced the situation, took part in political discussion and social work in the streets.

Date: 1903-1905
Architect: Schwartzkopf / Bürkner
Confession: protestant

Address: Kreuzberg, Taborstraße 17
Location: easternmost end of Kreuzberg
How to get in: open in the daytime

Nightlife in Berlin

by lashr1999

There are some good clubs, bars and restaurants in Berlin. On our first night my roommate wanted to see the Reichstag at night but I passed. Some girls on our tour said they had a list of bars they wanted to check out. This sounded like a better way to spend time in Berlin. The area the girls said the bars were at was Hackesche Hofe. Indeed, when we got there we saw many bars and restaurants to choose from. We first sat at a restaurant for some light food and drinks. We sat outdoors and it was a good choice, until it started to rain. We made the decision to go to a club to get out of the rain. At first we were going to go to the Matrix club but our waiter said the club was not good since it had a lot of drugs. He instead told us to walk a few blocks down and turn left. We did this but the area looked deserted and felt that we may have taken a wrong turn since we were drinking. However, moments later we heard some music and followed it to the club. Here, there was an outdoor area to dance and some indoor areas to dance. We walked around, dance, drank and had a good time. I have no idea what the name of the restaurant or the club is now. However, I do know in the club we had our photos taken and they said it would be on the clubs website. If someone sees my picture there, can you let me know what club I was at!

Comments