Ferdinand Apart Hotel Berlin

Expedia.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Berlin

The Neue Synagogue with its beautiful domeThe Neue Synagogue with its beautiful dome

3. Porcelain on display in the museum3. Porcelain on display in the museum

MuseumMuseum

Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial ChurchKaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church

New Help Choosing what Part of Berlin to Stay in

by Traveler-from-NY

What part of the city is the best place to stay? I want be centrally located with public transportation close by, and plenty of dining options within walking distance as well. I will be here 4 nights in June, and I am trying to figure out the best location to stay in .

by cachaseiro

Kreuzberg is the place to be in Berlin.
Centrally located and lot's of good dining and nighlife and the most vibrant part of Berlin.

by Turtleshell

Objections, Sire.

Mitte
Prenzlauer Berg
Friedrichshain
Kreuzberg

In this order.
This hotel is situated in Mitte, bordering Prenzlauer Berg and is affordable.

There are plenty of restaurants and bars around. Can be a bit noisy, though.

Cheaper would be this guesthouse located in Prenzlauer Berg:

And my personal favourite, Blue Home, a boutique hotel not far from Kollwitzplatz, Prenzlauer Berg:
http://www.ackselhaus.de/ (choose "blue home" from the menue)

by blackbirdxx

claus andersen is my buddy!!
turtleboy will always be my favourite discussion-opponent concerning prenzl`berg visa xberg...
Hey Ron: whether it is Mitte Kreuzberg Friedrichsain or PrenzlauerBerg, just take a priceworthy home. Friends of mine from VT choose an appartement in Hellersdorf, and they found fast connections to all locations too.

by Kakapo2

At the end everything comes down to personal likings. I, for example, love the area around Kurfürstendamm - but do not mind staying somewhere else, like Steglitz the last time, if I find a great hotel deal.

Of course, Mitte is most handy and, as the name says, most central.

by stativi

I'd also say definitely Mitte. Northern Mitte to be exact (the southern part is mostly devoid of nightlife and affordable restaurants), somewhere between Torstraße, Friedrichstraße, Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse (Alexanderplatz) and the river Spree.
Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain and Prenzlauer Berg are also nice, no question. It is hard to recommend a whole district though, because all mentioned districts have also sort of dead, residential parts!

by PALLINA

Let's say that Mitte combines everything. If it is NOT your 1st time in Berlin, also Prenzlauerberg or Kreuzberg could be nice but I would definitely suggest Mitte anyway. I love jews district a lot (near Oranienburgerstrasse). Kurfurstendamm is the most unpersonal and touristy area. I'd avoid it; but if you want to overnight in Tiergarten, some more quieter places could be Fasanenstrasse or Savigny Platz. But I remember just 4 or 5 stars hotels there.

by blackbirdxx

Fasanenstrasse + Savignyplatz are not in Tiergarten, but in Charlottenburg

by PALLINA

thank you for pointing out this! Actually I was not sure. Thanks

by mitch701

Hello I´m leaving in Berlin and the best places are in Prenzlauerberg or Mitte
you can check the web www comfort-apartments-berlin.com overthere they have more then 100 Apartments they do a great service....so enjoy berlin Mitch

Travel Tips for Berlin

If you visit Berlin in...

by borcsi

If you visit Berlin in December like I did, then be sure that you packed all warm clothes you have and some of them you borrowed. I didn't, and man it was COLD!! All local citizens were used to it but not us. Sometimes it was below -15 centigrade, and sightseeing almost frozen is not a big fun. I don't have any picture of the journey, because our camera's shutter got jammed in the cold :)
Anyway, Berlin is nice, if you like big open air cities with huge squares and wide wide streets and big-big monuments. At the place where Checkpoint Charlie was we found a hairdesser's saloon, named 'Hairpoint Charlie'. We laughed on that for about a week.

The wall comes down..

by sabsi

Getting my name back from the wall in 1989. What an experience!!!! We went here just a few days after the borders were opened. As soon as we'd arrived in Berlin we went to the part of the wall we used to spray on to remove bits of wall we had written on. Luckily the bit my name was one was still there and I started to remove it :) I still have those bits and I will never throw them away. I have a bit of history in my living room now :)

Olympic Bell

by morgenhund

The Olympic Bell cast in commemoration of the 1936 Olympic games, which were of course held in Berlin and at which Jesse Owens won four gold medals. It can now be seen at the Bundessportforum close to the olympic stadium . The bell sports a hole where it was pierced by a shell. Otherwise it is decorated in fraktur script and with the swastika on it.

Don't miss the food hall!

by SandiMandi about KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens)

KaDeWe (Kaufhaus des Westens) is the largest department store in continental Europe and there's something for everyone. Even if you don't want to buy anything, I recommend a visit to the food hall, it's amazing!

Raves in gestapo prison

by drei3t about Tresor nightclub

This nightclub consists of outdoor area, big dance floor upstairs and hell in the downstairs: there you can find old gestapo prison, where one of the cells has one wall full of loud-speekers. The noise is about 180Db, even the ear plugs won't help you at all. The temperature is about 60C and everybody is either taking ecstasy or raving like nuts. Next morning you can only here beeping inside your head because of the noise. Sick place, but great experience after all. Be trendy.

Comments