Holiday Inn Garden Court Berlin - Kurfurstendam

matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Great location and breakfast

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 10, 2004

I was looking for comfortable room for 2 in downtown/centre called Charlottenburg and exclusively with parking area for my car. This hotel pleased my needs exactly.

Hmm... maybe except the price - 99.00 euros for double room (two European size = quite small beds) and additional 10.00 euros for covered parking seemed to me a little much for a small room esp. in February. Maybe I wasn't objective, I saw twice more expensive hotels nearby and I spent previous night in much better hotel for approx. 35 euros in... Poland.

But at least the hotel was just excellently located in a quiet side street off the world-famous Kurfurstendamm, characterized by exclusive boutiques, restaurants, bars and theatres - all easily reachable on foot from the hotel.

I was too flexible to find and to book any hotel through internet in advance and too tired to look for any other hotel after midnight when I finally came there. I will hopefully save some euros next time.

Unique Quality: Very kind and helpful, English-speaking guy at the reception - he gave us small, handy map of Berlin's centers (yes, centres, Berlin has a few centers!) and transportation map/scheme and he replied to all my questions.

Great breakfast (included in room price) served in a restaurant on 5th floor from 6.30am - 10.30am. I wasn't hungry till the evening :-). On the other hand I didn't try any German food on lunch, next time...

Room/bathroom had everything it should: cable TV, phone, hair-dryer etc. Add refrigerator with some drinks (I found there traditional... Polish bison vodka: Zubrowka - you can try it, I didn't :-), extra paid.
The room was small and there was not table there, just small flat space to put my laptop and belongings there. And the light was too poor to read easily small letters on my big Berlin map. Did they try to save on energy?

Watch for small lift (up to 3 persons unless they have any luggage).

Directions: Charlottenburg District - from main street Kurfurstein turn south, approx. 50 m on your right. U-bahn: Uhlandstr. (last station of U19 - 3-5 min. on foot) or Adenauerplatz (U7 - 5-7 min. on foot).

1 Photo of Holiday Inn Garden Court Berlin - Kurfurstendam

Berlin Travel Forum

Need advice about Berlin, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Berlin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Berlin hotel reviews

Avalon Hotel Berlin
Hotel Agon Am Alexanderplatz
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Unter Den Linden Hotel
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Generator Berlin (Storkower Strasse Landsberger )
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 13 Reviews