Hotel-Pension Bregenz

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Hotel-Pension Bregenz

Impressive -

by TripAdvisor Member Lenski

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel-Pension Bregenz during a recent short visit to Berlin and found it to be fabulous.

The hotel is clean, quiet and safe and the rooms are nicely furnished, particularly if you like 80s retro chic. The mini-bar in the room was also very reasonably priced. Breakfast is a laid-back, buffet style affair with a wide range of choices for all tastes. For those not wanting to partake of a traditional German breakfast of meat, cheese and eggs etc there is plenty of toast, cereals, cake etc to fill up on (Yes, cake! Breakfast is clearly still in its infancy in the UK).

The Hotel owner, Christian, is also a real star. Not only did he wait until gone 11pm for our late arrival, but he also mapped out a great city walk for us for the next day, detailing the best and most important places to visit. He was always polite and friendly and also speaks excellent English. This was particularly good because he seemed to find my schoolboy German quite funny.

In terms of location, the Hotel is well situated in a clean and quiet street just off the Ku'Damm. Buses run regularly from Olivaer Platz just a one minute walk away, making the city centre and main sights easily accessible. You can also buy travel tickets from the hotel which was very useful.

There are a few bars and restaurants nearby but we preferred to make the short walk up to SavignyPlatz where we found the excellent Zweibelfisch bar (on the corner next to Habitat). A real and traditional German bar with great beer and a marvellous German menu. Try the Konigsberger Klopse -absolutely delicious!

In short, we were very impressed by Hotel-Pension Bregenz. It represents excellent value for money and we would heartily recommend anyone to stay there.

nice place!

I enjoyed this hotel. It is on a quiet, tree-lined street in a nice, safe, convenient neighborhood. I slept great here, comfortable beds. The owners were very helpful, especially in providing info on Berlin. The Ku-damm & public transportation are 2 blocks away.

I enjoyed the neighborhood. It was a nice place to walk & had a good variety of restaurants.

Beds a bit hard, but loved it just the same!

by TripAdvisor Member hedylarue

My husband and I stayed here over Thanksgiving. The first thing that impressed us about this hotel was the size of our room. I believe we were put in one of the larger rooms, but for Europe it felt huge! The room was spotless and cheerful. Christian, the owner, was immediately friendly and nice, presenting us with a map and giving us directions as well as GREAT suggestions for restaurants in the area.

The location was great...safe and accessible to buses or trains. We opted to take a taxi to and from the airport as it was under 20 euros.

The breakfast was good and we loved having the mini bar with drinks in it inside our room for late at night when we woke up thirsty.

The Italian restuarant next store is amazing, and the Austrian one behind the hotel is equally good.

The only negative thing I can say is that I found my bed to be a bit hard and the pillows flat, but both were managable.

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelmadfamily

to anyone thinking of going to this hotel book it, the owner Christian is a lovely man and what he doesn't know about Berlin is not worth knowing, the rooms are large and very comfortable, breakfast very fresh and lots of chose and the area is central but not on the main drag, what more could you ask for, i will definatly go back this time with my son as well.

top spot

by TripAdvisor Member colnz

We stayed here for three nights in mid-December. The hotel was very clean, quiet and we had a good sized double room. It was well located with regular buses to the city centre making visits to the main sights of Berlin easy. The owner was very friendly and helpful and supplied us with maps and information. Hotel Bregenz is excellent value for money and we would recommend anyone to stay there.

Nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member aibejovi

I have been to Berlin for three days with my wife and the twins (nine years old) and we have a nice experience at this hotel.

Christian, the owner is a very helpfull and gentle man and he knows allmost everything about Berlin.

The room was a four bed room and was surprisely big and confortable, the breakfast was quiet good
to satisfy anyone, children included.

The location near Ku'damm is very convenient and have several transport and restaurants options,
we tried a greek and a austrian one that Christian recomend us and both were quiet good and nice.

What else can I say ... go there and enjoy Berlin!!

Best Hotel-Pension in Berlin

by TripAdvisor Member mikep4

Hotel-Pension Bregenz is one of the nicest places my family and I have stayed. If you want a comfortable, clean, updated place, this is it. Christian,the manager, was very helpful and accomodating. He gives very helpful itinerary ideas, and you can get your city passes from him as well. Breakfast was very good.
The location is very close to the Zoo Station and two blocks from the KU'Damm. It is also easy to get to from either airport. For the money, it is the best value in town

Great Location and Value

by TripAdvisor Member Jan_from_Atlanta

We stayed four nights at Hotel-Pension Bregenz in late December. Location is a short bus ride from the rail station and then a few blocks walk. Quiet street with a neighborhood feel, good basic rooms, nice breakfast, and very helpful staff. Family owned and they make you feel very welcome.

Just as good as they say

by TripAdvisor Member Revlisag

I can only echo what others have said about the Bregenz. Christian, the owner is wonderful and is able to give a lot of guidance on what to do in Berlin. The hotel is very comfortable with good size rooms and good bathrooms. It is a little off the beaten path, meaning you can't just walk a block and be at a tourist attraction, but the Ku'damm bus is just two blocks away, and in five minutes you are at the Zoo stop which is the center of old West Berlin. The bus stop in the Olivier Platz has this wonderful late night food stand where you can get great Brats and other treats. I highly recommend the Bregenz.

Absolutely Wonderful!

I can't say enough about the fantastic time we spent at the Bregenz. The hotel is a short walk from the U-Bahn or a longer (about 3/4 mile) walk from the S-Bahn stop -- through some rather posh shopping areas, so no safety worries.

The owner, Christian, was absolutely wonderful. He provided us with a map and helped us work out where to go, told us the best way to see the city, even pointed out good resteraunts to go with our 1-year old (the Austrian place around the corner was excellent). He was helpful and gracious the entire trip.

Let me just give you two examples to show how Christian looks after the little things to make you feel welcome. He provided a baby cot for our son, and when we checked in, we had chocolates on our pillows -- and a little chocolate on the pillow in the cot! And after we used the baby chair the first morning for breakfast, the next morning Christian set up a table with the baby chair already at the table. Now, it would've taken us only 10 seconds to find the chair and put it at the table, but he was thoughtful enough to prepare it for us. How many hotels do something like that?

The Hotel Bregenz is everything people here have said, and more. We highly, highly recommend it. Thank you Christian!

Comments