Hotel Pension Funkturm

UK TO GERMAN ADAPTOR PLUG

by buckrogers

I am in Berlin and need to purchase a UK to German adaptor
plug, I have tried Ikea and somether large stores but
without any luck. Do you know where I can purchase one ?.

Kind Regards

Jim

by Kakapo2

My last resort would be to drive to the airport, or call the airport duty free shop and ask if they have one.

On one of my last visits to Germany I had the same problem, but in a smaller city I did not find any adapter plug. Hundreds of adapter plugs for German plugs to foreign plugs but not the other way round.

Have you already tried MediaMarkt and Saturn markets?

by buckrogers

Thanks for the lightspeed reply, I havnt tried those yet, I will give
them a try.

Cheers

Will

by abalada

Possible alternatives:
- buy a new power cable
E.g. a solution for computers, notebooks where you can easily remove the power cable

more long term alternatives:
- replace the plug
The UK type plugs can normally easily be removed. You have just to buy a Schucko plug.
A variant I did in the opposite direction: bringing a German multi-outlet power strip and replaced the plug by an UK one.
- replace the power cable (if this is possible)
You can buy power cable with a plug moulted on. The best solution with the 2-pin Euro plugs.

Adapter plugs are not a good long term solution in many cases. Often the earth ground is not connected using them. And sometimes they fit not to 100%. This is esp the case if the adapter is meant to be used with several kinds of slightly different sockets.

by Beausoleil

If you can find a luggage store, they should have adaptors. Also, if you happen to walk past a travel agent, they should be able to tell you where to get them.

Good luck. BTW, have you asked your hotel desk? They often have loaners available.

by Kathrin_E

Check MediaMarkt - they have those foreign-to-German-plug adaptors.

by Ruhrbuerger

Or go to Conrad Elektronik where they have everything what is connected to electricity (in Berlin Schöneberg on Kleistr. 30-31, in Berlin Kreuzberg on Hasenheide 14-15 (close to U-Bahn Hermannplatz), in Berlin Steglitz on Schlossstrasse 34-36) or try a globetrotter shop (I mean a shop where they sell backpacks, tracking shoes, tents, ropes, etc.).

Travel Tips for Berlin

a fascinating mix of east meets west, Berlin

by richiecdisc

Berlin is a huge city and to truly explore it takes weeks, but even on a short trip, you can see more than just the central tourist sections by jumping on its extensive mass transit system. We got into Berlin a little later than planned but easily found our hostel and asked the receptionist if there was a Vietnamese restaurant in the city. He said yes though his bewildered look made me feel that he'd send us for Thai just not to look uniformed. Since it was in the same neighborhood, we decided to give it a go. We passed a little authentic Turkish place en route and I made a mental note in case our chase turned out to be mere wild goose. The area was a bustling one, full of student energy and cool cafes. It was very western looking even though it was in the very heart of what was once the east part of Berlin and I could have easily been walking around the village in NYC. There were lots "happy hour" signs and the bars looked more like places back in the States than the traditional beer halls of Germany that I love. Still, there was something comforting in finding it like this as I was to go home in a couple days, and maybe this would allay the culture shock of returning there. Though there were many different types of ethnic food represented, there was nothing remotely resembling a Vietnamese one so we walked back to the little place that caught our attention on the way. It was a small one-man operation and the friendly owner greeted us warmly. We ordered one big plate of food to share, not knowing how good it would be. It was delicious and though not really full, we decided to head to one of the cafes for happy hour to unwind from the long drive. Afterward, I was still hungry but we couldn't decide where to eat and finally I suggested just going back to our little Turkish place as at least we knew we liked the food there. It was a little embarrassing going back after only a couple hours but he was obviously happy to see us. The food was just as good this time around and after paying, we bid our new friend adieu. He smiled and laughingly said he'd see us in a couple hours, but it was more likely that I would never see him again.

take a look at KW or...

by greentara

take a look at KW or Kunst-Werke Berlin it's a modern art gallery with a refreshing garden right in the middle.So after you've had a look at the artists ideas on art you can relax in the art garden, yes it's also an exhibition. Although there's this silly little train that goes round and round a tree SO annoying but then what do i understand of another man's idea of art!?

It's at Auguststr.69 or you can find it on the net under www.kw-berlin.de

Hertha BSC (Football Bundesliga)

by yellowstar

Hertha BSC Berlin is playing in the Olympic Stadium every second week. You will easily get tickets in front of the stadium - except if Bayern Munich is visiting.
The match starts at 3.30 pm if it is a saturday, 6 pm on sundays or 8 pm on fridays. you will find out on the official website of the bundesliga. they are currently rebuilding the olympic stadium. but until today there is no roof - in case of rain bring rain gear. doesn't matter where you are sitting you will have a view that is ok and you will definitely feel the atmosphere of a bundesliga match!

Tadshikische Teestube

by miromi

This was a pretty elite place back before the wall came down, and now "normal" people can come here too. This sit on the rug cozy central asian tearoom is smack next to the gorky theater, so be careful to make reservations, especially if / when the theater gets out. Beautiful paintings and carved wooden walls and columns give the place a very mystical air. The perfect space to while away the winter hours chatting and drinking hot and excellent tea. the prices aren't cheap but they aren't overly expensive either. The entire waitress staff are mysteriously butch lesbians, but quite friendly.

Fun on Simon Dach Strasse

by Jagermeister about Euphoria

Euphoria is on Simon Dach Strasse in the Friedrichschain area of Eastern Berlin. It is a dark bar/restaurant that serves beer and food at a fair price.

The food is surprisingly good for a "bar". I recommend the mozzarrella alla caprese salad. Good stuff. Happy hour offers different drinks on each day at sale prices.

The area that Euphoria is situated in has a good number of bars and offers enough choices for a mini bar crawl if you're into that kind of thing. Euphoria is quite far away from the center of Berlin, but Simon Dach Strasse has all you need to have a good night out. Anything goes.

Comments