Hotel Savigny

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Berlin

Emerging From The Branbenburger Tor U-bahnEmerging From The Branbenburger Tor U-bahn

Potsdamer PlatzPotsdamer Platz

Brandenburg Gate 2008Brandenburg Gate 2008

Kirche am Lietzensee, baptismal fontKirche am Lietzensee, baptismal font

What are your favourite spots in Berlin?

by chris.hh

Hi,
I will visit Berlin soon. Does anybody like to tell me his/her insider's favorite locations, places, pubs & bars, restaurants etc. where I can get a real feeling of Berlin and maybe invite my friend for a drink or lunch?
I do not like shopping that much but my closet needs some fresh stuff, also my shoes need accompany, and I am always bored if there are just the usual shops that you find everywhere. I am sure there are many (hidden) stores in Berlin that might convince me to do shopping?
Concerning my intersts, I am open-minded - culture, art and architecture, music spots would be great.
Best Chris

by chrisbilal

It's been awhile since I lived there, but in Prenzlauer you have the up and coming former east. Alot of artists, good restaraunts, neat shops etc. It's just a tram north of Alexanderplatz.

by Turtleshell

Helmholtzplatz - lying on the grass, reading ...

Strandbar Mitte (see tip) - or one of the numerous strandbars at eastside gallery to enjoy a drink

Kulturbrauerei (see tip) - check out, what's going on, if nothing of interest, head to either Kastanienallee (see tip) the alternative shopping street, or Kollwitzplatz the posh sibling of Helmholtzplatz.

Speaking of Kollwitzplatz, Saturday's farmer's market (see tip) was a must go for me when I was living in the Prenzlauer Berg area.

by tbsgeo

The most interesting is Berlin history. Take good guide,it will be more interesting than shopping.Though prices in German are reasonable

by chris.hh

Hey, thank you for your tips. I am looking forward to my short trip;-)Helmholtzplatz and reading sounds good. I hope weather is fine with that.
Chris

by blackbirdxx

You wrote that you are interested in culture and art
so check this ( Berlin Biennale)

Travel Tips for Berlin

Buddy Bears

by bijo69

These cute bears first appeared on the streets of Berlin in 2001. They are individually painted by different artists from all over the world. There's always a change going on, some bears are auctioned of for charity and new ones appear.

Checkpoint-Charlie

by chicabonita

In the morning before my course started I had some time to stroll around and to discover a little bit the area around Potsdamer Platz. Of course I passed by at Checkpoint Charlie. Anyway I didn't go in due to the fact that I only had little time and the fee of EUR 7,50 was to high for me to just rush through. From my last visit of the museum about 13 years ago I remember that one have a lot to read and really need to take time for the museum. Visit the officel web site of the museum to learn more about it.

www.mauer-museum.com

Packing...

by CandS

We had backpacks which were very handy even though we were picked up at the train station by our friends. Good walking shoes are a good idea...you will walk around Berlin a lot to see the sights...

Unique windows

by matcrazy1

There were two modern, just renovated or maybe rebuilt buildings put one by one on the northern side of Bergmannstra?e (Kreuzberg). One was painted in bright orange, the second in blue. Both were equiped with strange looking windows with additional flat, glass surfaces fixed outside - enlarge my picture to see it, please. I never saw something like this yet.

Grand Hotel Bar

by steedappeal about The Bar at the Adlon

The Adlon is a class act hotel within a hop and skip of the Brandenburg Gate and just around the bend of the Reischstag. The lobby is traditional, bustling but also radiates a sense of well-being. Great people-watching. The bar staff was professional and cordial and avoided being stuffy. I wore a jacket but I saw more modestly dressed folks who were welcomed, as well. A jacket will make a nice impression. I saw a few jeans wearer but best to have the smart casual look, at least.

Comments