Hotel Villa Amadeus

Potsdamer Strasse 91, Berlin, 10785, Germany

Villa Amadeus Hotel
Expedia.com AMOMA.com Travelocity

• johngayton's Profile Photo

This Suited Me Perfectly!

I'm sortof in two minds about whether I like Berlin as a city or not. I find it a bit impersonal - which is not a problem that I have in cities such as Budapest, Copenhagen, Amsterdam etc. It's not even a problem I have in Germany - just visit my Hamburg Page to see how personal I found that city.

But likes and dislikes citywise aside I LOVE Berlin's public transport system. Berlin doesn't really have a centre, as such, and so provided you are close to a public transport stop it really doesn't matter where you stay. On this occasion my hotel criteria were (in order of importance) - cheap, close to a U/S-bahn, free wifi and breakfast included.

Villa Amadeus looked perfect for me.

Unique Quality: As it turned out it was!

The hotel is located just down the road from the U2 Bulow Str and U1 Kurfursten Str stations and was very easy to find - having the building number helped as when I left the station I started off upside-down but realising that the numbers were ascending I did a quick backtrack.

On arrival I was warmly welcomed and having booked through booking.com all the paperwork had been done and all I had to do was show my passport. My room was in the building across the courtyard from the hotel reception and the receptionist pretty much saw me to the door. The room itself was fairly basic but had everything I needed and was certainly spacious. WiFi worked perfectly, everything was spotlessly clean, the window opened, all the light bulbs worked, the shower was hot and the breakfast was excellent.

Check out no problems again - they had my bill ready and waiting and that was that.

OK this isn't the plushest hotel in town but for my purposes it was pretty much perfect and major bonuses were the smoking bar and the cracking kebab place just across the road.

Directions: If arriving by U-bahn head towards Potsdamer Plats (decreasing building numbers) and you'll find the signage on your right.

• badgirljessica's Profile Photo

Villa Amadeus

The Villa Amadeus is a family-run hotel in a newly renovated Victorian era building situated right in the heart of Berlin. It's very easy to pass this place by because it is hardly obvious that it is there. To get in from the street and to get your car into the main courtyard, you must manually open two large wooden doors, which almost resemble those of a manor or small castle. Once inside, it's easy to forget that you are right in the middle of downtown because of the peaceful, quiet atmosphere.

Many fascinating city sights are located near the hotel. These include the Tiergarten, the Brandenburg Gate, the Zoo, Potsdamer Platz, the Kurfürstendamm, and many others.

The owners are kind but speak very limited English. The rooms are very cozy and amenities include: shower, telephone, radio, cable TV, hairdryer, wake-up call service, and breakfast.

Unique Quality: Like most places in Germany, Villa Amadeus offers a superb breakfast spread, which is complimentary. Breakfast is very early, usually ending at 9:00am at the latest. Foods offered include: fresh baked breads and rolls, boiled eggs, cucumber slices, fruits, meats, yogurts and granola, juices, tea and coffee, spreads, pâtés, and more. The breakfast spreads were always my favorite part of any stay in Germany!

Directions: Kurfürstenstrasse, Tiergarten