Ibis Berlin Ostbahnhof

See Amenities
alectrevor's Profile Photo

Ibis standard good

by written on April 28, 2013

Stayed here 10 year ago, price was 59 Euro, today 79 Euro. Standard still good. I like Ibis because you know what you get. This hotel is across the road from the Ostbahnhof rail station. I have also stayed at the Intercity hotel which is part of the rail station complex., a little more money to stay. The area around is nothing special,but the S and U bahn at the station is handy for anywhere in Berlin. My picture of back of Ibis shows how near the TV tower at Alexanderplaz is.

Directions: Across the road from Ostbahnhof rail.

diageva's Profile Photo

Hotel Near de Ostbahnhof

by written on November 3, 2010

I was there 3 nights. In my room was a little cold in November.
In general it was ok. I would have choose something more in the center.
Its very near a big station of the subway.
Around the hotel you don´t have anything, that is way I would have choose something in another place with shops and restaurants around.

Unique Quality: Price 70 euros.
Breakfast 10 euros.

Great bargain, good hotel

by written on October 17, 2006

We stayed at the Hotel Ibis in East Berlin for 4 nights. It is located a couple of blocks away from the East Berlin train station, hence the name Ostbahnhof. It was quiet, clean and comfortable. The Ibis hotel chain is found all over Europe. My only other Ibis experience was at the Orly airport in Paris. It was so small you had to go out in to the hall to change your mind. This one was tiny but not as cramped. You get a bed, tiny shower, tiny closet, shelf and tv. If you are over 6 feet tall, you wont like it.
The closest place to eat is the train station where you will find mostly fast food like McDonalds, Subway, Dunkin Donuts.

Unique Quality: By the River Spree.
Big Buffet Breakfast available for an additional fee, or you can order a small breakfast, like coffe and a roll in the lobby. There was an ice cream freezer with free ice cream in the lobby but the only time I asked for it was one night when I came in around midnight. The guy at the desk looked at his watch and said no. I thought that was weird considering that the ice cream was packaged and in a freezer that all he had to do was open and hand it to me.
The Ostbahnhof (East Berlin train station) has a wonderful shop that sold all kinds of liquers out of barrels. You could purchase a container and fill it up yourself. Unfortunately because of the ban on liquids on planes I was not able to buy any of it. I usually bring my alcohol in my carry on to make sure it does not break in my luggage.

Directions: Two blocks from East Berlin train station.

Ameripean's Profile Photo

the area you wanna be

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 7, 2006

I arrived in Berlin late afternoon last October to catch my flight EARLY the next morning. Apparently that was the wrong weekend to not have a hotel reservation in Berlin. I was told there wasn't a hotel room available in the entire city that night. I was exhausted and hung out in the Ibis Hotel restaurant/bar through the night. I had a few meals, a few beers, and talked with a few people. I figured the staff would get rather annoyed with my presence since I wasn't a guest. Maybe they should have, but they saw I was in a bind. If they would have asked me to leave, i don't know what I would have done. They showed me an element of humanity that I will forever be greatful for. They let me use their internet, phones, and simply extended me courtesy. It certainly could have been worse.

I had my luggage with me so I couldn't go see anything without a place to keep my stuff. It's a bummer--I would have loved to spend more time in Plotzdammer Plotz's night life, but next time. I would strongly recommend you do your research on city activities and dates so this doesn't happen to you. Especially with the bigger cities like Berlin, it's well worth it to put some extra time in your pre-planning. I have certainly learned from my mistake.

Nearby Ibis Berlin Ostbahnhof

• Bar / Lounge
  • Business Services
  • Pets Allowed

Berlin Travel Forum

Need advice about Berlin, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Berlin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Berlin hotel reviews