Kurfuerst Hotel Pension Berlin

BerlinBerlin

Nicholas ChurchNicholas Church

German Elite League hockey games

by GroundhogDave

I will be in Berlin from Aug. 27 to Sept. 2 (and Frankfurt on Aug. 23) and I was hoping to catch some German Elite League hockey action. I think it may be too early for the season, but I thought there may be some pre-season games or a pre-season tournament. Can anyone tell me if there is anything like that going on during those dates? The league's website is hard to navigate in English and I'm not sure if they would post the pre-season dates anyway.
Thanks!
Dave

Re: German Elite League hockey games

by Kimi_the_Bear

The DEL (German Hockey League) season starts on 3 Sept, with Berlin's team (Eisbären) playing away in Kassel on 4 September. So you will almost certainly not get any big action in the days before. As far as I can see their last preparation games are even out of the country, on 22 Aug in Bern and 25 Aug in Prague.

They would play Ingolstadt at home on 6 September!

But you are lucky with the Frankfurt Lions.

They play against Kölner Haie on 23 August, start at 4pm.

You find contact details on their homepage, just click the link: Tickets.

They play at Eissporthalle.

Travel Tips for Berlin

The Reichstag

by Mandy23

It is the seat of Germany's national parliament. After being restored, it has now also a glass cupola. If you go there, you will have a nice view over Berlin. But please reserve enough time for that visit, because you maybe have to queue up for a while to get in. It was the same last week when I went there, so we decided not to go in this time. Instead I ended up on my knees in front of the building after a little playful fight with Cris lol People around us looked a bit as if we're crazy .... oh well *grin*

Address:
Platz der Republik 1
11011 Berlin-Tiergarten

Opening Hours
Observation of the dome: daily from 8a.m.- 12p.m., last entry at 10 p.m.

FREE ADMISSION

Further information about opening times and tours here:

Reichstag/Bundestag click on the photo to enlarge

Thats not a memory of Berlin in general, but one regarding our Reichstag visit.

I know how the photo looks lol He tried to jump on my back. Come on, do I look so strong as if I could carry him? Be nice and say "no" hehe
As mentioned above the 'fight' continued and I ended up on my knees. There was an older couple nearby and I think we scared them lol

Berlin before the wall came down

by sabsi

Luckily I have been in Berlin quite a few times when it was still divided into East and West. Definitely an exciting experience...with trips to the East, closed eastern subway stations the western subway went through, military police at the checkpoints, spraying at the wall, an alarm going off because of someone throwing the spraycan over the wall, etc etc etc. So many memories... even this picture makes me dizzy. I took it 18 years ago ... unbelieveable how Berlin has changed since then!
See my travelogue for more memories and pics!

Beautiful park in the west

by deeper_blue

The Schlosspark in Charlottenburg is a wonderful place to take a walk or run, there are numerous winding paths, along the lake, and some ornate royal houses. Perfect place for a picnic or romantic walk.

Russia now, Soviet Union before

by matcrazy1

When I walked along Unter den Linden - the most representative boulevard of former East Berlin - I saw monumental building with this monumental gate on my picture. It was the Embassy of Russian Federation ("Botschaft der Russischen Föderation").
The building was open in 50' of 20th century and served as the Soviet Union Embassy till the end of "empire of evil" when the Russian Federation was born.

Just in case you need a visa to Russia, check webpages:
RUSSIAN VISA ONLINE

Address:
Botschaft der Russischen Föderation,
Unter den Linden 63-65
10117 Berlin

Directions:
On southern side of Unter den Linden close to Branderburg Gate, east of Unter den Linden S-bahn station.
S-Bahn: Unter den Linden (S1, S2, S25);
Bus 100, 157, 200, 348.

Sidewalk cafe without the sidewalk license

by jglsongs about Hafen

Hafen is a small and very popular bar wedged in the gay ghetto that is Motzstrasse - right next to Tom's Bar. The fun aspect of Hafen is that most of the bar crowd socializes and drinks outside the front door. No secret ritual- just that the bar is too small for the too many people who want to patronize it. Easygoing, fun and very friendly - both in front of and behind the bar

Comments