Leonardo Hotel Berlin

Viewing DeckViewing Deck

Berlin

by Eliselove

Hi,

We are four persons from Norway going to a Kings of Leon consert in June. We will stay in Berlin for three nights, and wounder if anyone can tell us the best way to get to the Waldbühne from Berlin Mitte. If you have a hotel to reccomend as well, it would be nice, we would like to stay in Berlin Mitte.

Thank you!

by Turtleshell

What's the budget for your accomodation?
Anyway, you could stay at the Circus Hotel - don't worry about the hotel's name, it is a good, afforable and reliable hotel:

As for connections to waldbühne:

From: U-Rosentaler Platz (station/stop if you are going to stay at the Circus)
To: Waldbuehne (check only Point of Interest)

by Roadquill

Excellent site turtle.... I just put in the Hilton that I stayed near Gendarmenmarkt, and it laid out the entire metro ride to Waldbuhne. Even though the Hilton is not budget, it is very nice, with a pool and sauna and I thought it was very reasonably priced compared to some of the places nearby such as the Westin. It looks like you just need to get the
S Pichelsberg station. I always take a compass so once I get out of the metro I know which direction to walk. Karl

by Turtleshell

Karl,
At first I though it was funny that you use a compass in a city, but on second thoughts I do like the idea. I often wondered which direction/ exit to take.

Travel Tips for Berlin

beRLIN books

by berlingirl84

1.) "In Berlin" 1994 by Irina Liebmann
-about the divided city in the late 80´s of the 20th century-

2.) "Berlin Alexanderplatz" 1929 by Alfred Döblin
- about Berlin´s history in the late 20´s of the 20th century and a man who fails over and over again in this chaotic urban jungle-

Nickolai Viertal

by nigelw6443

You can spend a complete afternoon here. Have lunch and a beer in Berlin's oldest pub and then look around the interesting craft shops and take some pictures of the statues, including the original Berlin bear! Interesting water pumps are found on many streets!

Berlin was pretty clean city

by matcrazy1

I found Berlin pretty clean especially when I got to know that the city had over 3.6 mln citizens. Districts of Charlottenburg, Sch?neberg, Kreuzberg and Mitte I partly visited looked clean. Surely the most colorful and clean was rather upclass district of Charlottenburg (in former West Berlin).
I did find only one place which was not pretty clean. Excuse, it is NOT a local custom of Berlin on my picture.

Former checkpoint Bernauer St at French sector

by Maria250

Now, this checkpoint of Bernauer Strasse was located at the French Sector. Right around this checkpoint of Bernauer Strasse I had the very first appartment of my own, the very first time ever away from home. I moved due to work I started at the University at the British sector in Berlin-Spandau. It was odd parting from my little appartement at the French sector (with an even more odd of a view on GDR - the other side of the wall) for working at the British sector. Later on I moved to the American sector and had lived there until the fall of the "Iron Curtain".

"It can be hard to find what remains of the Berlin Wall, a divisive landmark that for 28 years split the German capital and an entire generation.

But history buffs wanting to see the last vestiges of the iconic symbol of east versus west no longer have to consult old maps or seek out guidebooks. A new multimedia guide offers individualised walking tours connecting the key points where the 166 km-long wall once stood."

For more pls check out the link below

Oriental stuff

by matcrazy1 about Bella Casa

This store offered a lot of various, oriental stuff mainly from Morocco, Turkey, Egypt and India including postcards, posters, terracotta, tiles, ceramics, furnitures, perfumes. Hmm... I am not sure whether they were original though. I put attention to the two items I knew from Morocco:
1. Henna lamps - handcrafted leatherlamps painted with henna;
2. Tajines - special ceramic pots for cooking... on gas and electrical stoves (kouskous was cooked inside them in Morocco but they put charcoal under the pot). 19 € for Moroccan (really?) lamp on my picture. Go to fascinating country of Morocco better.

Comments