Berlin Hotels

Our Members Say

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1520

Savoy Am Kurfurstendamm Hotel: Great Location and Style

The Savoy is centraly located close to the metro and train station and 250 metres from the shopping area.
I loved the interior of the rooms, -classic with a touch of luxury and charm.

Good value for money We stayed 3 nights and paid for 2.

American type of breakfast. Restaurant closes at 11.00 which was something we appreciated.

I cannot say that the staff were that friendly, and we did not get the correct information twice when we asked for help.

ps. Sorry that the tip does not include picture of the hotel

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Architecture, Seniors
  • Written March 9, 2011
Tip Photo

Berlin centre (taken from the bus)

• johngayton profile photo johngayton
  • Reviews: 3146

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Classic Apartments: If You Dont Need To Be Central...

...then this is ideal.

It's not often that self-catering apartments are financially viable when solo travelling but Classic Apartments offer studios from 39 Euros out of season. Even in late June I got a very reasonable price, comparable to the sort of price a pokey little room in a cheap hotel would have been, and for my money got a spacious, modern and chic apartment complete with balcony.

The apartments are located in a leafy suburban side-street in the Wilmersdorf district, just a few minutes walk from the Adenhauerplatz U-bahn station and about 20 minutes by U-bahn/S-bahn into Alexanderplatz. Within the apartment block there's a Lidl supermarket and a laundrette and on the street there are a couple of attractive-looking local restaurants.

The thing I was most impressed with was my balcony, overlooking the little park across the street - this was perfect for me to catch up on a little VT writing (perfect WiFi) in the morning sun whilst enjoying my self-cooked breakfast and copious coffee (and cigarettes). The local Lidl was incredibly cheap and I managed to stock up on three-days supplies (including beer and wine) for about 20 Euros - the left overs from which provided sandwiches and beers for my onward train journey back to the Netherlands.

I was also impressed by the friendly receptionist, for whom nothing seemed a problem - which included my slightly late arrival - and was always bright and cheery.

I'd definitely stay here again and maybe my next visit I'll spend a bit more time and give the city a proper workout.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Beer Tasting
  • Written September 30, 2010

View From My Balcony

• matjung profile photo matjung
  • Reviews: 104

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Melarose Feng Shui: Feng Shui in Berlin

I spent two night at the Melarose Feng Shui hotel.

The hotel featured a free internet terminal for hotel guests.

The interior made good impression. The last renovation can't be long ago.
The room was clean, tidy and for a hotel - well sized.
Not as big as the rooms in New York, Malasia or Egypt, but bigger than the ones in Switzerland or Ireland.
It doesn't happen often that I can recommend a hotel, this time I do.

Besides the interior, I also liked the location, near Alexanderplatz.

From Berlin Schönesfeld Airport to Alexanderplatz it's about 20 or 25 minutes by train.

And Alexanderplatz is a good location to explore the rest of the city.

Breakfast is not included in the daily rate - you can order one for 8 Eurs.
Though the breakfast buffett looked nice, I didn't eat there.

Near the tram station is a bakery where you can also grab a coffee and something to eat.

• Related to: Architecture, Museum Visits, Historical Travel
  • Written April 3, 2010

• elpariente profile photo elpariente
  • Reviews: 1600

Berlin Berlin: Céntrico y agradable / Nice and in good location

Good location , with the Bus 100 stop in the door and also the U-bahn also very near
Good breakfast , good installations and the personnel it was very helpful to prepare our visits

• Written March 4, 2010

• Karlie85 profile photo Karlie85
  • Reviews: 243

Hotel Pension Bregenz: Comfortable stay, excellent hosts

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Pension Bregenz in August for 6 nights. We had a pleasant experience overall. One of the best things about our stay was our host, Christian. Upon arrival he helped us take our suitcases to our room. He was very thorough in explaining different bus/s-bahn/u-bahn routes and ticket options to us, and had transit tickets behind the desk so we could buy them right there instead of having to get them at the metro station. He took us into our room and showed us everything, and gave us a mini-guidebook on the Charlottenburg area. He was always there during breakfast with a hello and a smile. The Pension is run by Christian and his wife, but she was more behind the scenes. I only saw her in passing at breakfast time, and she always smiled.
The Pension itself is located in an old building a few blocks off of the Ku'damm in a quiet residential area. When you arrive, there is an intercom outside and he will buzz you up. There is usually nobody at the front desk except at breakfast time, so you get a key to the building and a key to your room. The Pension is on the fourth floor of the building. There are stairs as well as an elevator. It's one of those old elevators that is quite small (there was just enough room for the two of us and two suitcases) and has the doors that you have to open and close yourself. The room we booked, a double room, consisted of a fair sized room with a big, comfortable bed, a TV, a mini-fridge, a couple of chairs, a small entrance way and the bathroom. Our room looked out onto the courtyard. It was quite hot when we were there in August, and there was a fan in the room. It was quiet in the Pension and I always felt safe there.
Breakfast is served in the main reception area each morning from 7am-9:30am and had a selection of meats, cheeses, bread, apple slices, yogurt, tea, coffee and juice.
The Pension is apparently a T-Mobile hotspot, but we couldn't connect to it from our room or the hallway. There is a computer terminal in the hallway with internet access for 2 EUR an hour. The internet was quite slow, but if you're in Berlin, you shouldn't be spending much time on the computer anyways!
Most of the places we went to definitely required one transit transfer, and most of them even required two. We would either take the bus from Olivaerplatz to the Zoologischer Garten S-bahn station, or we would walk to the Adenauerplatz U-bahn station and go from there. You could also walk to the Savignyplatz S-bahn station.
Overall, the room was comfortable, the shower was good, the hosts were absolutely excellent, and the location is safe. We paid 80 EUR a night including breakfast and tax.

• Written September 26, 2009

Comfy bed

• steedappeal profile photo steedappeal
  • Reviews: 285

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pension Brinn: Steps from U2 (and I don't mean the band)

Unable to find a room right at Tegel Airport I decided Wilmersdorf/Charlottenburg area was convenient for the final 2 nights of my stay, especially being on a budget. I have a friend who lives in this neighborhood which is very safe and very quiet. The best thing about this place is that is a block from Ernst-Reuter-Platz U2 U-Bahn which is the most useful East-to-West+West-to-East subway line in the entire city. It is one of those pensions one usually finds only in Europe: located a quasi commercial-residential building and located one floor up from the lobby (there is an elevator but I never used it). My room (#4? at 60 Euros) was the only one with a private toilet/shower. The room itself was very zen-like but very clean. The hallways need a good paint job, however, but the small but high-ceilinged main lounge/breakfast room has a faded gentility about it with lots of magazines and fruit always available. I was the only guest but usually it gets very full although it seems that there's been a general hospitality industry slow-down, even at the pension level. The only disappointment was my breakfast where I noticed some mold on one of my breads although the owner apologized. A trip to her kitchen revealed a very clean-looking space so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt since she was very nice and welcoming. Best to eat out since I wouldn't like to eat breakfast in such small quarters if the place was full. There are several places down the Schillerstrasse. Be aware that as April 2009 there is construction going-on next door for a new opera theater but only during the daytime hours.

A very civilized location. The owner has run the place for 20+ years and lives on-site. She is very welcoming and speaks just a bit of English. Make sure to have her show you how the door to the pension works as the lock is a little bit finicky!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Work Abroad, Study Abroad
  • Written May 10, 2009

• MD2nd profile photo MD2nd
  • Reviews: 415

City Oase Dresden: An accommodation not in Berlin but Dresden

Best way to make a trip from Berlin to Dresden would be by car rather than by train. For visiting Dresden's center you may stick to tram as the town is always very congested. You should definitely take a drive to the outskirts of Dresden like to Meissen and Saxon Switzerland. The latter can be reached via a romantic steam boat ride.

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070803114705AAxTlaC

And if Dresden trip is for an over stay then City Oase Dresden looks most beautiful. This hotel is located in Dresden's center still close to the Elbe river. Since my tip isn't yet about a Berlin but Dresden-hotel, please check out

planxty's tip on Berlin accommodation. Very interesting and fun to read!

As for great details on actually Dresden, please look up
nicolaitan's page

• Related to: Business Travel, Historical Travel, Road Trip
  • Written April 10, 2009

source:city-oase-dresden.de/oase/content/view/33/6

• TheView profile photo TheView
  • Reviews: 174

Die Fabrik: A very nice hostel in Kreuzberg

The name origins from the house use to be a telephone and electronics factory but is now a clean well managed hostel (they name themselves a hotel) but it’s a hostel with dorms and double to multiple beds rooms and shard showers. From 18 euros pr. night.

A special feature is the warm water comes from a solar cell plant on the roof.

It also host a very nice café good for breakfast, soup, sandwich or a late evening beer.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Eco-Tourism, School Holidays
  • Written April 9, 2009

• bill32 profile photo bill32
  • Reviews: 17

Courtyard by Marriott, Teltow (Berlin): Good for business or tourist travel

Above average Courtyard hotel. Service is better than the usual German hotels (yes, most German hotel staff are usually somewhat slower and a little gruff than American's are used to). Hotel is about 20 minutes by taxi from Central Berlin and Brandenburg gate. About 20 minutes from the airport by taxi. Maybe more outside the central city for some tourists, but their facilities are good for business meetings. Have lots of small and large conference rooms, internet, and other business services. Services for business travelers is good. Example: I arrived about 10pm on a Sunday evening. Told staff that I needed a conference room for 6 people the next morning, with wireless internet, food, coffee, whiteboard, hardwire fax, and I needed to buy a printer and some supplies. 8 am the next morning everything was ready, they got me a taxi that took me to a local (5 mintues away) electronics store for the printer.

Rooms were comfortable, good phone and tv services. Food at hotel was very good, lots of choices, good European and Western breakfast selections. Several good pubs and restaurants near by, walking distance.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Seniors, Business Travel
  • Written March 28, 2009

• Kakapo2 profile photo Kakapo2
  • Reviews: 1858

If you want to stay in an Apartment...: A good Website for the Search

This is a good website for finding apartments in the centre of Berlin:

Just click on Berlin Mitte/Prenzlauer Berg,

then fill out arrival and departure date as well as the number of persons, and you will get a lot of hits.

Please note that the result shows how much it costs per person, not per apartment.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written February 22, 2009

• Maria250 profile photo Maria250
  • Reviews: 568

Avendi Hotel: At lake Griebnitz

Haven't been there yet walked by. This hotel sits right at lake Griebnitz, and offers there for some truly idyllic atmosphere and natural environments. Near by subway provids great connection to any places all over Berlin town and beyond without using vehicle. The hotel is mostly known for business folks.

• Related to: Business Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written August 24, 2008

Berlin Griebnitzsee

• kanjon profile photo kanjon
  • Reviews: 94

Pension Gudrun: Personal and friendly

When looking for accomodation I always try to find places with personal charm and good beds. For this trip to Berlin, Pension Gudrun had all I was looking for: small ( I think there are four rooms all in all), family run and in an unique and impressive building. Good beds. Affordable. I stayed at Pension Gudrun for three nights and slept very well all three of them. The area Charlottenburg was very calm and classy, with interesting shops, restaurants and galleries close by. We actually found our favorite restaurant strolling the area one evening...

Pension Gudrun serves basic breakfast every morning with fresh rolls, cold meat, fruit, youghurt, fruit, egg, the lot, with your option of coffee or tea. Berlin is a breakfast town, or maybe rather brunch town, and you can eat beautiful and affordable breakfast out, but I appreciated to have a meal before entering the adventures of this interesting city.

The pension is situated close to buses, S and U-bahn. Being close to communications is very convenient. In Berlin there are beautiful promenades, but I suggest everybody to take the train or a bus to the area you want to stroll to save your feet.

The pension is located in an impressive house with lots of beautiful jugend details both in the lobby, breakfast room and living rooms. Calmly situated in cosy area with lots to see, shop and eat close by. The friendly and helpful owner, Gudrun, is truly personal and always smiling!

• Written August 19, 2008
Tip Photo

• loislois profile photo loislois
  • Reviews: 16

Hilton Gendarmenmarkt: Atypical hilton hotel

Of course high standard service etc in a Hilton is something expected and you will find it there.

Recommended for staying, in spite of the 225 Euros per night which is a high price for the hotel in my opinion

closed pool, hair sallon, gym , business corner, seminars-congresses facilities

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written May 9, 2008

• berlinbaby profile photo berlinbaby
  • Reviews: 1

Apartment rental in Berlin

It's the best option for sure. You can stay in a really cool part of town and live like a local. I know of a place in Friedrichshain which is the hippest part of town if you are interested in visiting bars, restaurants and cafes in the rawest part of East Berlin. It is very close to the 1km remainder of the wall and transport services. The web page isn't up yet but if you email berlinflatrental@gmail.com they will send you pictures and prices. I stayed last week for 80euros per night. The apartment is very modern and new and everything is on the doorstep.

• Written May 6, 2008

• Jgiii profile photo Jgiii
  • Reviews: 13

Hotel 4 Youth: Cheap Hotel/Hostel

The Hotel 4 Youth could be described as both a cheap hotel and an expensive hostel. I had a large, private and clean room with my own bathroom for something around 40 dollars a night. The staff were all extra friendly and the other people staying there were not loud and crazy like I expected. At 30, I felt on the older end of the spectrum, but there were some others in their 40's and 50's. There is a small bar (which I don't think anyone but the employees use), internet access for a fee, and, if you can get up in time, free breakfast. I only made it to breakfast on my last day because I had to catch an early train to Dresden, but it was fine. I would recommend Hotel 4 Youth to others looking for a cheap place. It's in Prenzlauer Berg, but a slight walk to the hip parts, which didn't bother me. It was a short walk from the Schonhauser Allee U-Bahn Stop.

• Written March 28, 2008