Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse 3, Berlin, 10178, Germany

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• MynameisMichaelCaine's Profile Photo

What a splendid hotel !

Spacious and welcoming on all accounts.
    A very high standard on their Spa-area, relaxing and calm.

Enjoy a complete breakfast that gets you through many hours of sightseeing.

**Highly recommended

Unique Quality: Cocktail , wine , beer or other refreshments in the lobbybar.........what a view of the aquadome. A 5 star rating for the production of cocktails !

Directions: Next door to the GDR museum by the Spree

• iblatt's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel in the midst of Mitte

I stayed in the Radisson during a professional meeting in September 2008.
    The room was fine, the staff very professional, breakfast good and tasty. There is a huge cylindrical aquarium in the middle of the central space, best visible from the upper floors, which adds to the decor.

The location is excellent for visiting the central attractions of Mitte: Museuminsel (museum island) with its world-renowned museums, the cathedral, Unter den Linden, Hackescke Hofe...
    The hotel is on the Spree river promenade, and the DDR museum is next door.
    There are several bus lines right near the hotel entrance, and the Hackesche Hofe S-Bahn station is 3 minutes away.

Unique Quality: - Good modern facilities, great location near main attractions

Directions: In the center of Mitte, on the river Spree

• Awesome Hotel

As a poor backpacker with Daddys Visa card with no other options, I spent a night in a suite a the Radisson SAS Berlin. This hotel is catered for those with flexible fianances. I paid $450 and was provided with a modern, too good for my tastes room that offered the finest ammenities that I was not accustomed to as I had been sleeping in dive hostels and train stations. The aquarium is incredible, the staff is attentive and seem to be geniunly concerned about the comfort of their guests. The indoor pool on the lower level was a refreshing break from the norm of places I stayed at. I didn't get room service, but it appeared to be better than typical room service menus. Not a thing wrong with this place, I have no complaints except for the cost to stay here. Then again, what should I have expected for an amazing centrally located 5-star hotel. I'm just glad my father didn't kill me when he got the bill for this extravagance.

Unique Quality: This hotel has pretty much every ammenity you could want. The indoor pool, the aquarium, the staff stick out as unique and special.

• ultimathule's Profile Photo

Great hotel, bad bed.

I loved just about everything about this hotel; the location, the style/decor, the awesome lobby with the huge fish tank, the food, service, all of this was great. The bed was another story. The mattress was so hard and the pillows so flat that it was hard to sleep. I think mattresses tend to be on the firmer side in northern Europe, so if you are used to it and/or prefer a firmer mattress, this wouldn't be a problem.

Unique Quality: The view of the massive Berliner Dom (cathedral) from the main dining room was amazing, it's literally next door.

Directions: Central Berlin, Mitte.

• pincer's Profile Photo

A Clean and Modern Hotel. Great Location.

We stayed here for 2 nights during a very hot July. We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The rooms are very modern, clean & tidy. We went for the Junior Suite which included amongst other things Buffet Breakfast and Broadband. Our room had a balcony with a great view of Berlin Cathedral and the River Spree. The hotel also has the world's largest cylindrical aquarium with 2,500 tropical fish. The AquaDom is 25 metres high and situated in the hotel lobby. Very nice touch.

Directions: The hotel is located right in the heart of the German capital, on the banks of the river Spree, opposite the Berlin Cathedral and close to the Museum Island.

• Great location, great hotel

We stayed first in a room without a great view, and were later upgraded to a room with view on the aquarium. In the first room there were some minor flaws, such as the AC not working properly, the shower leaking and nasty people next door. After alerting the staff, they promptly booked us to another room, wich was great.

Unique Quality: The location is perfect: Alexander Platz is now at the center of everything, and you may reach any other location in town with public transportation in a matter of minutes (unlike if you stay in a hotel in the Zoo area, which nowadays is not that central any more.

The rooms are nice, with such amenities as free broadband web access (both wifi and lan, with a cable provided), free indoor swimming pool, large indoor (paying) parking (not to be underestimated in a large city), etc.

Directions: At Alexander Platz, in front of the Dome.

• Traveldi's Profile Photo

Underwater Adventure

On the advice of fellow VTers I enjoyed a great stay at this unique hotel. With the exciting water feature fish tank in the hotel lobby. I found the staff very friendly and the location spot on. As well as being near the river with the Cathedral, you could not be situated in a better place, there is a variety of reasonably priced resturaunts & coffee shops right next to the hotel. I didn't dine in the hotel, but other guests said the food was great. Nice rooms, very modern feel - jazz or chill out tunes were played in the corridors, the rooms were sound proofed. There was a nice pool and sauna / steam room etc.
    It certainly gets my vote!

Unique Quality: The Fish Tank was a great feature - especially when I spotted some divers in there checking on the fish. You can get the lift inside it and travel through if you visit Sealife - which is situated outside the hotel - of course I had to do that!

Directions: Mitte - Look out for the Cathedral

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

Excellence Throughout

If you are NOT on a budget and looking for a lot of value for the substantial rates you are able to pay, this hotel is a sure tip! It is located in the new downtown area, right next to the Berliner Dom (Cathedral), not far away from the Alexanderplatz, the Museum Island and the Brandenburg Gate.

Excellent room. Luxurious, but also functional. UItra-modern design, solid brown furniture mixed with these modern pastel colours.

Very good handicapped room.

Unique Quality: The unique characteristic of this hotel has to be the unusual courtyard some hotel room windows are facing. It contains a large indoor acquarium, so when you pull aside the curtains, you will see a large fish tank!

Directions: Berlin Mitte, Next to the Cathedral

• nonstopexplorer's Profile Photo

You can't help looking at the aquarium

I have stayed in this unique hotel in February 05. Everyone who first visits this hotel is staring at the huge aquarium, 25 meters high, in the middle of the hotel. There are some rooms that look at the aquarium, we were not lucky to get one of them, maybe you should ask when you book. Everything is great in this hotel and it easily gets a place in the top 5 hotels I have ever stayed at.

The rooms’ design is great, quality materials are used and attention is given to every detail. Staff is very friendly for the European standards, but cannot be compared to my recent experience in Bali, Indonesia. Small things I liked are that the safe box was big enough for my laptop and that we could see the outside temperature on TV.

The only problem is that everything in the hotel is overpriced.
    - There is cable and wireless internet access at 19 EUR per day! When I’m on holidays I just want to check my emails once or twice a day and I don’t want to pay every day as a much as I pay for my DSL monthly connection at home. And there are no other wireless networks available, so the only alternative is an internet café.
    - Because of the central location of the hotel the only option to park my car was at the hotel’s parking. I had to pay 1 EUR per hour and 12 EUR for 24 hours.
    - If breakfast is not included in your booking price, be prepared to pay 21 EUR per person per day.
    - I made some domestic phone calls and I was charged 3-5 EUR for each one. Similar calls from my Greek mobile phone were less expensive.

There is a lift in the middle of the aquarium, but to take it you should visit the nearby sea life museum.

The location of the hotel is the best it could be and you can never fail to find it as it is very close to the 368-meter TV tower.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Berlin.

More about Radisson Blu Hotel Berlin

Small rooms, crowded breakfast and pool area...

by TripAdvisor Member Pintxo

The Radisson SAS Berlin is a modern hotel with a kind of minimalist design. The lobby is beautiful and surprising with the huge aqurium above the bar, but unfortunately there are not enough armchairs of sofas for relaxing.

There seem to be a lot of groups and families, and the breakfast is served only till 10.30, so the staff at the breakfast room cannot really make it. If you arrive around 10.00, it's hard to find a table and nobody has time to help you.

The big disappointment for me was the sauna and pool area.
The locker/dressing room is ridiculously small and the lockers are tiny.
There were families with children screaming and running around, leaving their slippers and towels around the locker room and shower area. It's a big hotel (428 rooms if I'm not mistaken) and the pool is absolutely too small for this size of an establishment. The kids should not be allowed to use the pool without their parents. It's simply impossible to swim in a small pool full of screaming kids. My experience was far from relaxing. Many of the adults didn't even take a shower before entering the pool.
There was a charming and friendly lady in charge of the sauna and pool area, but she didn't seem to notice the problems.
They could reserve the sauna and pool to adults only.
The fitness was only a tiny room with very little equipment.

All in all, the Radisson SAS was an average experience. I would recommend
Hotel Sofitel Gendarmenmarkt or Swissotel (both are new and very stylish) instead of Radisson.

Comments