The Ritz-Carlton Berlin

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• rjweber21's Profile Photo

A CLASSIC Hotel!

Wow, I had forgotten that this kind of service exists. Great hotel. Great staff. NO complaints. I stayed here for a conference, and I have nothing but positive comments about this place. They kept the lobby bar open as long as we wanted - well, that's not entirely true: They closed it for an hour, and then came back when they realized we weren't leaving.

I needed my shirts drycleaned...they were done in under an hour. I ran out of business cards...they had some printed up in about an hour.

The rooms are very nice, and Potsdamer Platz is a perfect location. Stay here if you can, I don't think you'll be disappointed...I wasn't.

Unique Quality: Close to a park that is great for running / jogging.

More about The Ritz-Carlton Berlin

My new favorite in Berlin!

by TripAdvisor Member Andreadoria56

The Ritz-Carlton just made top of my list of favorite hotels in Berlin, bumping The Adlon to second place.

Why is that?

While the two hotels are quite similar in that they are both newly build in an old style it feels to me as if The Adlon is a bit burdened with it’s own glorious paste while The Ritz-Carlton is more playful and not full of itself.

The service is excellent in both places, but again it’s more freely given at The Ritz.

I stayed for four nights in a superior bedroom, a bottle of Champagne awaited me on arrival and the breakfast buffet was included. I was on the Club-level but without the privileges.

I spend time in the wellness area every day and I tried both the gourmet Vitrum restaurant and The Brasserie Desbrosses. I even took tea in the lobby one afternoon, and that was the only experience that was not absolutely perfect.

It seemed to me that too few servers were on duty that day – a famous VIP was arriving could be why – especially as they insist on pouring your tea. I also had the feeling that they thought I was waiting for someone when I sat down and didn’t approach me before I got obviously restless. There’s a very easy solution to that – approach and ask!

It also seemed to take the server by surprise that I take milk in my tea – she poured a cup and took about five minutes to bring out the milk when I asked for it. That’s just not professional – and it did not give me the option of pouring milk before tea.

But in the over all picture this is nothing – my room was perfect, the wellness area though small was beautiful and since it has a counter current system it is possible to get a good workout.

One evening I started with a drink in the lovely very English Club like bar and continued on to a perfect dinner at Vitrum, where I was introduced to the chef at the end of a spectacular meal with a new champagne for every course.

On my final evening I stopped for a quick meal at Brasserie Desbrosses – where the amazing breakfast buffet is served every morning – and had a lovely well-cooked simple French-style meal at a very reasonable prize.

It’s not often that you find a place like this in a hotel – there was nothing bland or assembly line over the meal.

The brasserie in itself is fun to study – it was found in a small town in France, taken apart, restored and shipped to Berlin to end up at Portzdammer Platz. A pretty amazing tale.

Well, to sum it up: Ritz Carlton is my new home away from home in Berlin!

Best Location in Berlin

by TripAdvisor Member seery1

My daughter and I loved this hotel. It was perfectly situated near the Sony Plaza,Ubahn,Sbahn and many museums. The only thing I would do differently is not stay on the Club Floor. The 3 food courses served daily had no variety. If you don't mind the same buffet everyday,you would love the club floor. Room great. No real extra service for being on club floor. Great doorman.

This hotel rocks!

by TripAdvisor Member Emily_Rachel

The Ritz in Berlin was incredible - loved it. The reception, concierge and doorman all outstanding. Rooms and food great. The location is key, next to Potzdamer Platz, the Sony Center (spectacular) and a small section of the Berlin Wall. It is within walking distance of museum island, checkpoint charlie, holocaust museum, etc. We visited the Adlon and found quality of location and hotel personnel not even close to the Ritz.

ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

by TripAdvisor Member two_viajeros

When we arrived we were told we could not check in to the club level (reason was Robbie Williams checking out that day) until 5pm. They were hoewever very appologetic and gave us lunch on the house. Very good impression.

The rooms were great, facilities as well and the service the best we have recieved in our month trip in Europe. Everyone was friendly and went out their ways to make us feel at home.

It was so great we ended up extending two more nights. Really can recommed to relax but still be in the middle of everything. Perfect location.

Outstanding hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Glasgow1

Quite simply an outstanding hotel in a fantastic location right in the middle of the city.

We booked Club level rooms with Lounge access. When the lounge co-ordinators meet you with a hot towel for freshening up on arrival then you know that this is going to be special. And it is.

We were booked into to a Deluxe room with stunning views over the Sony Centre, Tiergarten and Siegassaul. In our room on arrival, with a welcome note from the hotel, were fresh fruit platters, half bottle of champagne. Fantastic. The rooms are beautifully decorated, very spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are huge and also beautifully presented with double sinks, seperate shower and bathtub (double sized!) and to round it off, La Prairie products everyday.

The staff on the Club level (to be fair the whole hotel) where amongst the most efficient and professional staff I have encountered in years of travelling. They could not be more helpful without being cringing. Food and drink presentations spot on every day.

One small minor gripe. I think the wellness centre is really geared more to the SPA users with the pool being small but again beautifully decorated with really, friendly helpful staff. Great for a short splash about.

So overall, outstanding. Just go and see for yourself.

Loved the Ritz-Carlton

by TripAdvisor Member Nottinghillbilly

I stayed at this hotel, for one night at the end of August. I'm very fussy but I found the service to be excellent and the room itself was very good indeed. Although it was only a standard room it was large with 2 queen sized beds and lots of lovely big pillows and cushions. The bathroom was the best I've ever had with a lovely big shower as well as a bath.

Although the building is modern it has a faux ninteeenth centruy interior but manages not to look tacky. I've stayed at many excellent hotels, including the Crillon in Paris which is supposed to be one of the best hotels in the world, but to be honest, this one was better and the bathrom was in a different league altogether.

My only complaint was that the air con wasn't very efficient but it wasn't too hot so this was not a major problem. It might be different in a heatwave though. Also, I was next to some sort of service room which was a little noisy - although not enough to warrant complaining about.

The breakfast is in the bistro, a genuine french bistro that they dismantled and rebulit in the hotel, I understand. It's a lovely seeting and although I'm not usually that keen on buffet breaksfasts this one was excellent - one of the best with very good selection of good quality foods.

If you're looking for a 5 star hotel in central Berlin and are dont' want a small 'boutique' hotel then you won't do better than the Ritz-Carlton.

Terrific hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SVL

This hotel is wonderful in all regards. Location, staff, food, rooms, and oooooh that luxurious bath with a candle! The workout room is a bit small but at least I was waiting for equipment with a movie star, which made the time pass. Highly recommend a stay here.

Sets the standard for 5-star hotels

by TripAdvisor Member amenophis

Stepping out of the taxi and being greeted by name by the doorman who'd taken the trouble to check it on the baggage tags, you know you are in for something very special. The kindness and friendliness of the staff take the concept of service to a whole new level. Check-in fast, friendly and efficient. The rooms are very good although they are a tad kitsch for my taste but you can judge for yourselves from the photos. Despite being in a busy area, the rooms are very quiet. I slept perfectly. Good satellite TV. The broadband wireless connection in my room didn't work very well with lots of dropouts but it's fine for email. In the desk there is an ethernet cable so you can hook up to the RJ-45 plug in the room, but I only discovered this on the last day ! Access costs €5.95 for 60 mins, €19.95 for 24 h. Breakfast was excellent.
Truly, an excellent hotel.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member clara50

The Ritz Carlton has everything you need to have a pleasant stay: good location, lovely rooms, and employees that take good care of you.
For me is one of the best hotels in Berlin!

Comments