Unter Den Linden Hotel

Unter Den Linden 14, Berlin, 10117, Germany

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Location, location, location

After days of thinking regarding what part of the city to stay in, I chose Unter den Linden as I wanted us to be in the middle of Alexanderplatz and Brandenburger Tor with walking distance to most things. This was perfect for us as we travelled with a child and couldn't test the nightlife in more lively parts (but for those of you who can, Oranienburger Tor for intstance is at walking distance). Moreover, buses 100 and 200 have a stop just across the road for easy access to Alexanderplatz and Ku'damm. The hotel itself is an old GDR concrete thing and this still shows in the decoration here and there - not that we minded. As hotels go, the rooms are quiet and clean and my only annoying problem with our room was that the hot water came and went in the shower occasionally and if you don't speak German, the TV channels are very limited if you are in need of that.

Breakfast is not the very best I've ever had but that was mainly as I lacked more inspiring bread and I like my yoghurt to come in packages with different flavours. Otherwise it had everything you could wish for, including a veggie spread, meat balls, mozzarella chunks and much more. The staff quickly cleared the tables of your rubbish - sometimes so quick it felt like they were short of plates :))) The hotel also has a restaurant which has summer seating on the pavement with Brandenburger Tor views but the food is not that inspiring. Go for the bar.

Unique Quality: The best thing with the hotel was its extremely friendly staff. They replied to our booking quickly and friendly and during our stay they always joked with our daughter. Best of all is that as we arrived with a 6 am train, we went to the hotel to store our luggage and have extra breakfast before we could check-in and sights would open, but once we had had our breakfast, they gave us a room.

Directions: Where Unter den Linden meets Friedrichsstrasse.

• kenbac's Profile Photo

Hotel Unter den Linden.

Unique Quality: Quite a large hotel. Great location on the Unter den Linden at the junction of Friedrich Stra├če.
    Rooms pleasant. Reception area and public areas very stylish. Delicious and extensive breakfast. Bar actually on Unter den Linden, with seats outside

• oja's Profile Photo

Hotel Unter den Linden

Hotel Unter den Linden
    Singles start at about 60 EUR. It's not too much considering its superb location.

Unique Quality: The best thing about it was that I didn't have to pay a penny! I sneaked in to my boyfriend, who was there on business, and nobody seemed to mind. It has a great location - Branderburger Tor is about 200 m away, and many great sights (Humboldt University, Bebelplatz, Checkpoint Charlie, Berliner Ensemble) are within walking distance.

Comments