Wombat's

Alte Schonhauserstr.2, Berlin, 10119, Germany

HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

• Indefatigable's Profile Photo

Wombat's Hostel Great Hostel, Awesome Rooftop Bar

I'd stayed in another Wombat's Hostel, the one in Munich on the first leg of my trip so I knew what to expect and as such because my stay it's sister Hostel in Munich was so good, I was expecting a lot.

I wasn't disappointed. Although a lot further from the Berlin Hauptbahnhof than it's sister is from the Munich Hauptbahnhof this wasn't too big of a deal considering the sizes of the two cities. Berlin has very good transport links and the hostel was about a 10 minute walk from Alexanderplatz station. The directions that I got from the hostels website were spot on and I had no problems finding it.

Check-in was quick and staff really helpful. The two things that seem standard with all Wombat's hostels are the free city map marked with a range of restaurants, places to visit and nightlife and even more welcomed, the free drinks token for the bar.

I've always gone along the assumption that I'm going to meet fellow travellers if the hostel has a bar so I also use this as the main criteria when choosing a hostel and with Wombat's Berlin, my theory was again proven to work. I met some great people in the bar!

As well as being easy to get from the station to the hostel, it was also easy to get to anywhere else in Berlin. Being situated in Mitte, the main tourist centre for Berlin, I was able to walk to a far amount of the places I wanted to go to.

The rooms were as good, clean and a decent size. All have en-suite bath rooms also clean. I know being a hostel, cleanliness really relies on the people you happen to be in a room with, but the rooms were cleaned each day, which helps.

The amenities were great, a roof top bar, a number of good and working washing machines and dryers, good information at the reception.

For the room quality, amenities and location the price was more than reasonable. I would definitely stay here or another Wombat's again and would also highly recommend them to anyone else that wanted cheap accommodation in Berlin.

Unique Quality: Roof Top Bar!

Directions: Their website has great directions. I went by S-Bahn and then walked from Alexandraplatz.

From the main station you can get either S3 to Erkner, S5 to Strausberg Nord, S9 to Pankow and S75 Wartenberg as they all stop at

Comments