FW Fair Event BB Frankfurt

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Frankfurt

over the road bridge from Frankfurt Oder.over the road bridge from Frankfurt Oder.

Unused customs sheds.Unused customs sheds.

Zur altenoder hotel.Zur altenoder hotel.

Around town (My mother, myself, & aunt)Around town (My mother, myself, & aunt)

getting by bus from rudesheim to mainz hilton hotel!!!

by heidstar

Thanks for everyone who helped me with my last forum .christmas dinner in mainz....It all worked out perfectly!!!

My next question is..i am going to mainz again staying at the hilton.Decided to do a day trip to koblenz by train and on my return get off in rudesheim for a little look around.Is there a bus i can take from rudesheim that goes directly opposite the mainz hilton hotel or close enough!!!

Re: getting by bus from rudesheim to mainz hilton hotel!!!

by abalada

DB timetable
From: Ruedesheim(Rhein)
To: Mainz Brueckenplatz

You can use for the loop Mainz - Koblenz - Rüdesheim - Mainz a Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket (Rhineland-Palatinate Ticket). EUR 29,00 for 2-5 persons traveling together. Covers all local public transport (regional trains, trams and buses). This ticket is valid
Mo-Fr: from 9am till 3am next day
Sa,Su: from midnight till 3am next day

Rüdesheim and Wiesbaden are covered albeit not located in the state Rhineland-Palatinate.

Travel Tips for Frankfurt

Oder Town Bridge

by Mandy23

You can walk across the Oder town bridge to the neighbouring Polish town Slubice. I just had to show my ID card, my friends had to show their US passports. Quick and painless procedure.
You can also cross the bridge by car, but be prepared that this will take more time.

Photo: Cris and I still on the German side, in front of the building where they'll check your documents. They looked at his passport a bit closer, but wanted to see from me only my ID card.

Topophilia. Frankfurt.

by Adaptor-Plug

Tuesday. So It Must Be.... Another Transit Through Frankfurt.

It's hard not to hum it as you walk the moving walkways with your wheelie bag and briefcase. Transferring away. "He's a real Nowhere Man, wandering through his Nowhere Land making all his nowhere plans for nobody. Doesn't have a point of view knows not where he's going to, Christ I hope he isn't even the tiddliest bit like you, doobedoo. And me. Nowhere Man please listen. You don't know what you're missing. Nowhere Man the world is at your command. So come to Gate F65 because your flight is boarding, immediately."

(By this time we're off the walkways and into the Star Alliance lounge for a twenty minute rest. The humming continues)

"He's as blind as he can be, just sees what he wants to see, Nowhere Man can you see me. At all? Nowhere Man, don't worry. Take your time and a trolley, don't hurry. Leave it all till somebody else lends you a hand."

Frankfurt Airport. A Nowhere Land full of Nowhere People.

Frankfurt Area

by texasaussie

"Main River"

Before walking to the Cathedral, my parents and I took a stroll along the Main river. It's gorgeous.
A sunny day with a summer breeze and a bottle of mineral water-- your good to go.

"Frankfurt Cathedral"

This is a must-see when in Frankfurt. At first I did not feel like walking the distance to see it (notice that the night before I only had 4-5 hours of sleep), but my aunt convinced me that I would not regret it.
My first though when I saw the church was "it look's like an old cuckoo clock". As I stepped inside I took a glance around. The structural features really popped-out at me.

"Shopping"

After walking up to the Cathedral, my family and I walked to the surrounding areas for some shopping. Small stores of course, but pretty much the same style as the United States (depending on weather).
I would say it's a bit more expensive to buy clothes in Europe because the Euro is higher than the US dollar, so unless you did not bring enough to wear, do not bother spending your money on clothes.

FRANKFURT (ODER)

by Mandy23

Frankfurt's a city with appr. 67.000 inhabitants and located 80 km east of Berlin. Some of the places of interest for visitors might be the St. Marienkirche (church), Kleist-Museum, Europauniversität Viadrina, the townbridge if you wanna go to Slubice (PL) etc

According to the cities official website, it has quite a lot twin cities:

Slubice/PL
Kadima/Israel
Yuma/USA

Frankfurt - the town on the border to Poland

by Antji

"There isn't only one Frankfurt in Germany ..."

Frankfurt / Oder is the real name of this town. You can find Frankfurt in the state Brandenburg near Berlin and near the border of Poland.
The city has ca. 65.000 inhabitens and the river is called Oder. The Oder comes from Poland and flow into the Baltic Sea. The Oder is the Border of Germany and Poland.

Comments