Lange Brucke, Potsdam, Brandenburg, 14467, Germany

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

A revamped remain of DDR!

I was looking for a small “typical” family run hotel when I knew I had to go to Potsdam, found one which looked promising, but at last minute, as my meeting had been delayed for one day, I had to cancel my reservation, and so I landed on this chain-run hotel!
    Well, a high rise concrete parallelepiped, and I was. . . scared.
    This hotel is in fact an old DDR time building (Office? Hotel? ), but except the general shape, nothing is left from the former use of this building!
    If not original, the entrance and lobby are nicely decorated, and interesting are many vintage posters from pre-WWII movies, a HUGE cinema projector is displayed in the lobby, and other cinema souvenirs are displayed.
    Room was fine, no useless luxury; there are wifi and other modern gadgets. . . .
    Great breakfast in a well lit room with big windows where you can see a small harbour and anchored boats waiting visitors for a city tour on the river lakes and canals.
    When I arrived late evening, I wanted to have something “German” at the restaurant, like “Bratwurst und Kartoffelpuffer”, but, deception: the restaurant on the terrace above the harbour serves Latino-style food, and there is even Mexican music. . . Well, at least I enjoyed my “Weizenbier”, the typical Berlin wheat beer.

Unique Quality: For me a good, typical businessmen (and women) hotel: clean, efficient staff, modern, very conveniently located near the main train station, and a bit expensive.

Comments