Bad Orb Hotels

Our Members Say

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Haus Rosemarie: Not exactly a youth hostel

This is one of Bad Orb's many bed and breakfast places intended for people who are staying for a week or two to cure whatever is ailing them -- but with the decline of the Kur business in recent years there is an overabundance of such places, so for a slightly higher price they also accept people who are staying just one or two nights.

The house is quite centrally located, but just a slight bit uphill. I had to get off my bike and push it up the hill for the last thirty meters or so, but that was no problem. I was the only guest on a bike that day, and probably ever.

The house is very comfortable and well-furnished. Breakfast was fine.

My only slight problem was that once again (as in Bad Hersfeld a few years earlier) it felt a bit spooky because I was the youngest person in the building. Usually I'm more or less the oldest wherever I go, so being the youngest feels a bit weird.

Nonetheless, I might come back here sometime if my preferred accomodations (next two tips) are again fully booked.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2010

Haus Rosemarie

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Haus Wopienka: Private room in a farmhouse

I have stayed here at Haus Wopienka twice so far on different visits to Bad Orb and was very satisfied both times, especially with the large and tasty breakfast.

This house is in an extremely quiet neighborhood, despite being close to the town center and just a short walk from the concert hall where the opera performances are held.

I found and booked my room in Haus Wopienka through the website http://www.bad-orb.de/. The cost for a single room with breakfast was EUR 20.00 plus EUR 5.00 for a short-term stay (under three days). This is three Euros more than at the nearby Haus Dronsella, but both are at the bottom end of the price scale, and both are very pleasant.

Update: In August 2011 I stayed here again for the third time. Still very pleasant and convenient, and the price has not gone up since my last visit.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Music, Theater Travel
  • Written August 11, 2007

Haus Wopienka

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Haus Dronsella: Nice inexpensive accommodation

Update 2011: Unfortunately Haus Dronsella has gone out of business, because the owner died and her daughter closed the pension and sold the house. But I'll leave the tip here for a while as a remembrance.

This is a small pension where I have stayed several times on visits to Bad Orb. It is located close to the town center and the Kurpark, and just a short walk from the concert hall where the opera performances are held.

Some of the other guests (the same ones each year) also go to the opera, so we can talk about it at breakfast.

I found and booked this pension through the website http://www.bad-orb.de/. The cost for a single room with breakfast was all of EUR 17.00 plus EUR 5.00 for a short-term stay (under three days).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive