Hauptstr. 41, Eltville 65346

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Eltville

Schnitzel (left) and Pork Shanks (right)Schnitzel (left) and Pork Shanks (right)

Entrance of Rosenstübchen, EltvilleEntrance of Rosenstübchen, Eltville

Decoration of the rear roomDecoration of the rear room

Eberbach Monastery - window in lay refractoryEberbach Monastery - window in lay refractory

Travel Tips for Eltville

Rheingau - wine - and a famous Abbey :-)

by Trekki

Updates: March 29, 2007:
Thanks to Jean-Louis, I have realized that I did not yet wrote the description of the restaurant and ... realized that I have moved my description of Eberbach Monastery to another page, so I updated the one and wrote the other

Eltville is one of the countless little wine villages along the Rhine Valley between Mainz and Koblenz.

It became quite famous also for another interesting location close by - Eberbach Abbey, Kloster Eberbach.

This is where parts of the movie The Name of the Rose with Sean Connery have been shot in 1986.
(my goodness, this movie is really more than 20 years old.... I wasn't aware until my guide told me today).

As I will visit the village of Eltville also one day, I will write about Abbey Eberbach on a separate page (Kiedrich).
(thanks VT database, which really has the tiniest villages listed for Germany :-)

Eltville am Rhein - my favorite impressions

by Bamara

"Reconstructed Fachwerkhäuser"

This very nice Fachwerkhaus is for rent :-)) Its next to the Gelbes Haus and the Castle. Eltville has savely reconstructed a lot of the old Fachwerkhäuser during the last century. They are almost privately owned, just a few are in official hands.

"Beautiful view on the river Rhein"

This picture was taken through the old window without glass in the Kurfürstliche Burg. In former days the owners had the same view at the same river Rhein as we have nowadays.

"Eltviller Burgfestspiele"

My favourite Open Air Theatre since 1998. From June to August they do perform Shakespeare and other classic authors with very good actors indoors the Kurfürstliche Burg Eltville.

"The Kurfürstliche Burg Eltville"

Kurfürstliche Burg Eltville
On the waterfront there is a wooden path, reconstructed after old plans. The original path have been destroyed.

Comments