All Seasons Frankfurt City

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 reviews

Tags

Family Travel School Holidays Budget Travel
See Amenities

Great hotel in a convenient location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 3, 2010

This hotel used to be named the Ambassador. It consists of two buildings which have been joined together to form one hotel wtih connections on two of the floors. The hotel offered us two lobbies, one behind the front desk to the left, and one way behind it, to the right. The smaller lobby featured a library, comfortable chairs and a free internet computer, while the larger lobby, to the right, offered a faster computer. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Each room has free wi-fi and tv. A large breakfast is also included in the price.
The location is so good that we were able to walk to and from the central train station with our suitcases in a few minutes. There is also a branch of Europcar car rentals a block away from the hotel. There are streetcar stops a few meters from the hotel, but walking another two minutes brought us to the central station (Hauptbahnhoff) with all its possibilities. There are lots of restaurants next to the hotel, so finding somewhere to eat in the evening is no problem.
The rooms are comfortable and quiet.
One thing the hotel offered that I've never been offered before: free phone calls to any land line in Germany!

Directions: Walk one block directly away from the central train station (east), and turn right. You'll be on Moselstrasse.

Not bad

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 5, 2005

Simple, cheap, and close to the trainstation. Dont expect high class accomodations, but how long are you really in the hotel anyways? No A/C, so if its cool out and theres a soccer game that day; you can hear the revelers singing "knock knock on heaven's door"....

Would I stay again, yes. Good price, good location. Never got bothered by anyone and if you need a late snack the train station is open..

chancay's Profile Photo

a central place to stay

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2005

well, the place is ok and the price is really good for such a central place!!
the breakfast buffet is nothing special but you get the normal stuff and enough to get satisfied ;-))

Unique Quality: the young german reception guy (there were various, of course...although only one at a time) speaks english, spanish, german fluent and knows his city very well. He can give you a lot of good tips where to go.and where not!

only problem is parking, the hotel doesn´t offer any posiblitly, and the parking garages are really expensive...anyway, if you come by train it is a perfect cheap place to stay!

Directions: very close to the main station

emoja's Profile Photo

Good Hotel for an Overnight Stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 31, 2005

I stayed here overnight in March 2004. I came into Frankfurt at 7am, but they wouldn't let me check in until 11am. I've always been able to check in early at places, so unless they were fully booked I find that somewhat odd.

In any case, it's a nice little 3-star hotel just a short 10 minute walk away from the train station. Definitely don't bother to take a cab from the train station. A cab from the airport to the hotel will run about $25 US (perhaps more now with the Euro being higher).

The Ambassador serves a decent breakfast buffet. When I asked if I could take coffee back to my room, they fixed up a nice tray for me to carry up.

They also have limited room service in the evenings. During my night there, I ordered a pizza and a bottle of water. They mixed up the toppings on my pizza, but it was still good. The bottle of water they brought me was large enough to last for a week - I couldn't believe how big that bottle was.

Everything I needed was within walking distance. About two blocks away was a hostel with internet access (I don't recall the name of the hostel, but it's DIRECTLY across the street from the train station). There were plenty of bars and restaurants in the area as well. Frankfurt's red light district is several blocks away, far enough away for adults with children, but close enough for party-seekers.

The bridge to the Museum Mile is also just a short walk (the other way from the red light district).

I organized a day-long tour of the Rhine through the hotel, and they were able to arrange a van pick-up for me in the morning.

Unique Quality: There are great views from the hotel - from my room I was able to see a wonderful mixture of old-style architecture mixed in with modern office buildings. You can see this in the picture I've included.

In March of 2004, I paid $50 for a weekday night. I don't know about the price now.

Directions: From the front of the main train station: the hotel will be straight ahead and slightly to the right. It's only about a 5-10 minute walk from the station; maybe a total of four blocks or so (considering that the block the station sits on is really big).

Nearby All Seasons Frankfurt City

Amenities at All Seasons Frankfurt City

• Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Frankfurt am Main Travel Forum

Need advice about Frankfurt am Main, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Frankfurt am Main and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Frankfurt am Main hotel reviews