Excelsior Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo

Frankfurt's best Hotel

We stayed in a 3-bed room at the 7th floor with a very good view on Frankfurt high buildings between May 30th-June4tg 2012. The hotel is all inclusive. The breakfast was foll of every kinds of vegetables, bread, cheese and salami also coffe and tea. The mini bar at the room was free and the empty bottles were changed every morning with new bottles. We delighted our stay at the hotel. The Hotle is visa wia to Frankfurt Main train station and very near to the Kaiserstrasse and old town.

• SandiM's Profile Photo

Around the train station in Frankfurt

In Frankfurt I stayed at the Hotel Excelsior, which is directly across the street from the side entrance to the train station (maybe 50 feet?). The prices were budget-friendly, the breakfast area opened at 6am, the shuttle-trains to the airport only take 15 mins, and I didn't mind the view. The size of the room for 1 solo traveller is pretty big, compared to other city hotels, and were warm during a chilly Spring. The staff were friendly, too. they even had an area where you can use the internet for free (4 internet stations). Free mini-bar! Check with venere.com or booking.com for prices.

Unique Quality: Free-mini bar, easy acces to all areas of the city, staff will help you arrange a bus tour if needed. Bathrooms were a bit small but for all the other pluses, it didn't matter too much.

Directions: beside the train station, 50 steps away from the main side entrance.

• One of the best hotel deals in europe....

I have never been so enthusiastic about a hotel as with the Excelsior Hotel.And it deserves every accolade i give it.

I used this hotel when I wanted to catch a flight from frankfurt to NYC. Looking for a hotel near the trainstation...i found the Hotel Excelsior.
    The description online seems to be too good to be true, but reviews seems to confirm that this hotel is for real. And after my stay here...I can totally confirm it myself and I can highly recommend this hotel.IMHO one of the best hoteldeals in europe.

This is almost the perfect hotel for a city stay.The location is simply superb. Located next to the central station. That's right in the centre of the city and from here you can walk or use public transport to the major spots of frankfurt. Like the messe(exibition halls), shopping area in Altstadt etc.

What really sets this hotel apart is the amount of facilities and amenities that's included:

Free internet facilities.Not just one PC and a slow internet connection, but a real internet cafe.
    Free minibar...you are free to use the minibar and it's content. From softdrinks to beer...all for free.(I am not sure if it's refilled daily, just stayed 1 night)
    Free coffee/cakes in the lobby
    Free local calls
    Free (international)newspaper
    Free buffetbreakfast...exceptional complete hotbuffet breakfast.The germans take their breakfasts seriously, but this breakfasts surpasses my expectations.Would put plenty of higher class hotel breakfast to shame. Not only western , but also asian style breakfast available.Can't have a better start to your day.

I stayed in a one-person room. It was quite small and sober interior, but clean and has all facilities.I had no problem with outside noise even if it's right on a busy thoroughfare.Bed was a bit soft.

Unique Quality: A 3 star hotel with 5 star facilities.Simply one of the best deals in europe.

The price of the hotel is extremely reasonable to start with , it's not much more expensive compared with other similar hotels in the city.
    And when you add the free amenities and facilities and excellent location and you have one of the best cityhotels I have ever stayed in.

When you take into account free internet, free minibar and free breakfast.This is one awesome deal. Frankly I am pretty shocked how they can make a profit. But if they make a profit, than they are doing something extremely right.. Makes me wonder why there are no other hotels in the world doing the same thing. Also why they don't open up a chain of such hotels.(They have two hotels in frankfurt..next to each other)If they did...I will sign up immediately.

Location is perfect. The area is seems to be quite safe. And in the trainstation there´s a big foodcourt where you can eat for quite a reasonable price.Plenty of other convenient stores here.
    When walking to altstadt you need to walk pass the redlightdistrict.Pretty interesting, but if it bothers you you can take a metro to the alststadt center.
    Messe and commercial district is within easy reach within easy walking distance.For such a huge city it´s pretty incredible how close everything is.

Anyway this is a place I can highly recommend to everybody...from familys,tourists, to businessmen, but also backpackers or people on a budget.

It seems that this hotel has struck the PERFECT balance what a traveller in our time and age would find important and combined it all in one hotel for the perfect price.

Directions: When you come from the train, go to the rightside entrance. Hotel is across the street from the trainstation.

More about Excelsior Hotel

Great value centrally located hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MARTINMAC

I recently stayed at the Excelsior while on a short three day city break in Frankfurt. The hotel was ideally located within easy access to everything, especially the main station and the airport. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet. My room was a little on the small side, but that really was not a big deal. Breakfast was excellent and set me up nicely each day for my sightseeing. The staff were courteous, efficient and well switched on. The free extras included were fantastic, Free minibar, internet, newspapers, telephone, laundry service and afternoon refreshments in the lobby. In all of my travels, and my many years of experience working in the hotel industry it is certainly as good a value as I have come across. It is easy to understand the popularity of this hotel. If ever I revisit this beautiful German city I will most definetly stay at the Excelsior

Hotel Excelsior

Great location, next to train station. Bus stop for ryanair Frankfurt Hahn airport 2 minutes walk from hotel. Room clean,quite,safe. Free mini bar/internet access. Staff polite. Good value for money. Would stay there again.

Great services

by TripAdvisor Member QVQ

Hotel & rooms were very clean and easy to get to-- it's directly opposite the south exit of Frankfurt main station. The staff were lovely, spoke coherent english and provided me (free of charge) with a current edition of a magazine that they thought i would be interested in.
There was a problem with the lifts on one of the days i stayed there, but by 6pm that day it was in full working order. Huge breakfast, with lots to choose from. Free internet & printing services a huge bonus. Only problem encountered was the door entry system, defintely a unique system.

A clean hotel with the essential services, nothing fancy -- no grand lobby, bar or restaurant. Perfect for people who want a convienent, acessible & comfortable hotel.

Terrific Value

by TripAdvisor Member Jubilado

The Excelsior isn't fancy but has a lot going for it. It is accross the street from the main train station in Frankfurt and has great breakfasts. The staff was pleasant and gave us a break by letting us into our room well before check-in. The rooms were clean and the price was affordable.

A very good hotel for the price.

by TripAdvisor Member WandMMcIlroy

My wife and I stayed at The Excesior Hotel for 6 nights this past May 2006. We booked a superior double room and it was well worth it. Very comfortasble bed and duvay. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The buffet breakfast was outstanding and varied. A free mini bar contributed to the ambiance. Reception staff spoke English well and were most courteous and helpful. The hotel is very conveniently located,just across the street from the very busy Frankfurt main rail station.The Excelsior Hotel was a surprisingly good hotel for the price. Should we have the occasion to visit Frankfurt again, we would for sure stay again at this fine hotel.

Great inexpensive hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CSCTampa

Taking the advise of other Tripadvisor travellers, we spent the last night of our German vacation at the Excelsior. The location was really convenient, right across the street from the train station. (a rather interesting part of town, not for everyone). The hotel was clean, the staff was super friendly. The room was large by european standards. As promised, the mini bar was free and stocked with beer, water, juice, and Pepsi. The beds were clean and comfortable. Our timing was not great, there was a heat wave, so we had the windows open, and it was the night of the final game of the World Cup, so the horns were honking in jubilation all night. But the hotel was great. The very best part was the free breakfast the next morning. The buffet was huge, everything you could possibly want...really! I would absolutely recommend it for anyone with an early flight out of FRA. The S-Bahn takes you right over to the airport. ( I think the group fare was 13 Euros)

Not bad at all

by TripAdvisor Member MimiMcH

Walking from the ryanair busstop in the city centre ( after a long commute from Frankfurt Hahn airport), hotel excelsior was one of the first hotels that caught our eye...and we stayed there for our whole trip. The twin room was small, although extremely cheap-35 euro each per night. We were on the seventh floor overlooking frankfurt city and had exceptional views. Situated across from the main train station and a taxi rank just outside the door and a short walk to the shopping areas, it was an excellent place for budget travellers looking for somewhere to lay their heads after a long night in the city. The room was very clean, the service was excellent (although there is a [----]concierge who will offer any willing female "company" for the evening) and the mini bar was very handy...and free. the hotel provided us fans for our room free of charge. There is also a free breakfast and internet access all day, along with teas and coffees and other such treats. All in all we had a wonderful stay..and for just over 100 euros for a 3 night break, who could complain???

Comments