Hotel Frankfurt-Rodgau

More about Frankfurt am Main

Frankfurt (Main) HauptbahnhofFrankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof

Bridge over the MainBridge over the Main

RomerbergRomerberg

4. Bust of Susette Gontard, Hölderlin's Diotima4. Bust of Susette Gontard, Hölderlin's Diotima

I want to buy a used or inexpensive sturdy bicycle this week

English:
Are you, or do you know of anyone who wants to sell a used bicycle in or near Frankfurt this week? It is for a fit man who is 5.8 meter tall and weighs approximately 85-90 kilograms. It could be a bike for roads and/or trails. Thanks!

Deutsch:
Sind Sie, oder kennen Sie jemanden, der ein gebrauchtes Fahrrad in Frankfurt oder in der Nähe von Frankfurt in dieser Woche verkaufen will? Es ist für einen Mann, der fit 5,8 Meter hoch und wiegt ca. 85-90 kg. Es könnte ein Fahrrad für Straßen und/oder Wege sein. Vielen Dank!

by HansDK

5.8 metres tall?

Do not post commercial messages, advertising, surveys, or touting for websites of any kind. Do NOT post classified style listings selling, renting, or trading anything.
These will be deleted.

by christine.j

You can check at quoka.de if someone wants to sell his bicycle. But a giant of 5,8 meter would only need one small step to get somewhere, I suppose.
Seriously, how tall are you? My guess is you mean 5.8 feet, which would be about 1,76 meter.

Oops, yes I meant 1,8 M Re: I want to buy a used or inexpensive sturdy bicycle this week

by CaliSonja

Oops, yes I meant 1,8 M (the guy in our group who wants the bike is about about 6 feet U.S. measurements). Sorry about that typo. :) Thank you for your suggestion.

by LoriPori

I have also heard that you can rent bicycles In Frankfurt at the train and bus stations. Worth looking into.

sorry I typed in 5,8 instead of 1,8 M. Re: I want to buy a used or inexpensive bike

Herr Hans,
I am sorry that I typed in 5,8 instead of 1,8. It is 3:00 in the early morning here in California as I am trying to get things figured out for our trip since we leave on Thursday. This is not intended to be "commercial messages, advertising, surveys, or touting for websites of any kind." I am not trying to sell, rent or trade," I do not have a web site; I am looking for suggestions on local Frankfurt web sites, shops or flea markets or discount shops to get an inexpensive bike for one of my friends who is going on the trip with us (we fly into Frankfurt). My friend is the one who is about 6 feet tall, but I'm not exactly sure because I haven't measured him. His German language skills are worse than mine so he asked me to attempt to navigate the German sites for a bike for him; so I am trying to help him out.

Travel Tips for Frankfurt am Main

Your options at Frankfurt’s train station

by Trekki

Thanks to the group editors for having included the “shopping” group also for Frankfurt’s general section, as this could belong to transport or shopping, but I thought I’d include it here in general.
Frankfurt’s main train station (= the one in the city; the other one at the airport is called Fernbahnhof = something like distant or remote train station) is “my” interim stop whenenver I travel longer distances within Germany. And throughout all my train travels so far, this one is my favourite station. It is huge, yes, but very much well arranged, maybe due to it being a terminus.
Also, it has a lot of excellent shopping options and I often find myself getting into Frankfurt earlier than I would need to catch the next train, just to go shopping. Ok, that said, I am a book addict and just cannot pass a bookstore without entering. The one at Frankfurt main station is an excellent one, as they really seem to have a good idea what travellers want to buy. Their magazine section is huge, they also have older issues of some specialised travel magazines like GEO Special, etc. The travel section (in the back of the shop) is also quite big, easily comparable to an average bookstore in a bigger town. And of course they also sell English books and magazins.
If you have some time to spend at Frankfurt main train station, just check what they have, you will surely find something. It is in the middle of the train station (see photo). As for the other train stations in Germany (and elsewhere), Frankfurt has a huge selection of different snack and coffee shops. The average price for coffees or café latte is between 1,90 and 2,60 €, but there is a cheaper option as well: Tchibo (German coffee wholesaler) has small mobile boothes on some train tracks where they sell coffee, cappuchino and café latte for 1,50 – 1,90 €. Their coffee tastes even better and you will save some money too.

Theoretically, the website below will show you the map of Frankfurt’s main train station (Bahnhofsplan, at the bottom), but somehow either my Adobe is having problems today or it is a website problem:
Bahnhofsplan, Frankfurt train station.

Walk in Sachsenhausen

by partre

Sachsenhausen is a very beautiful area, with its pastel pink, yellow and blue houses. It is mostly a residential area, but there are also a lot of great restaurants and bars. Definitely worth to take a walk.

Weather:

by keeweechic

Germany has a temperate climate with warm summers and cold winters. The warmest time of the year is from May to September. The average temperature in July, for instance, varies from 16 to 20C (61 to 68F) according to location. In January, the variation is from -1 to 6C (21 to 34F). There is no specific rainy season.

Eschenheimer Tower and Schillerstrasse

by ahoerner

At the end of the Schillerstrasse, near the Frankfurt Stock Market (Börse), there is another example of german architecture: the Eschenheimer tower.

It was a nice surprise to find such beautiful tower in the middle of the town.

Along the Schillerstrasse there were lots of vending kiosks, where you could buy fruits, local specialities and get some snacks.

The Lahn-Dill region

by MichaelFalk1969

The Lahn-Dill region is named after its main rivers; the Lahn and the Dill are a favourite spot for canoeing or kayaking. Check on the interrnet for operators; usually you pick up the canoe one place, leave it at a prearranged spot and look for public transport back to your starting point. Your operator will tell you how you get back where you started, there is a reliable public transport system along the main river routes.

If water sports is not your thing, the Lahn-Dill region has some scenic little towns and interesting monuments: the old town of Wetzlar, the cathedral in Limburg, the mighty castle ruin of Runkel, Braunfels castle and the palace at Weilburg / Lahn, to name but a few. The Lahn-Dill area is pretty close to Frankfurt by car (ca. 45 min.).

Comments