Kempinski Hotel Gravenbruch Frankfurt

Tags

Business Travel Spa and Resort
See Amenities
JonStroud's Profile Photo

A fantastic retreat just outside the city

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 6, 2007

It's lovely to visit a hotel where you feel like you are being given five star service from start to finish. Arriving at Frankfurt airport I rang the Kempinski to ask about their courtesy pick up service. "No problem", I was told in perfect English, "our driver will be with you in 15 minutes". And he was - despite the fact the I was standing in the wrong place. Not a problem for the Kempinski - a quick call on my mobile phone with instructions of where to go and there was the very smart people carrier with the blackened out windows.

Arriving at the hotel, check in could not have been easier. All the staff were more than welcoming and offered a cheery smile despite the fact they were obviously very busy with a full house from the Frankfurt Bookfair.

I was offered assistance with my bag but hey, it's on wheels and I have arms! Walking through the hotel I was impressed with the clean modern decor that, although obviously a hotel interior, did not seem like a carbon copy of every other establishment across Europe.

The room itself was very large and spacious with plenty of desk space for working, an enormous (and very comfortable) bed and a spotless bathroom. I was housed in the Park Wing of the hotel with a lovely view across the lake an woodland.

For the evening meal I decided to order room service - a simple fettuccini. It did take a very long time to arrive but it was Friday evening during the city's most busy week of the year with a full complement of guests AND, most importantly, they kept me informed by a couple of quick calls. It really makes all the difference. The price of the meal was more than reasonable and its quality was excellent.

Checkout was quick and effortless and a special bus was organised to take trade visitors such as myself to the fairground at no charge.

My only small criticism was the fact that, for 12 hours use, i was required to pay €20 for WiFi internet access for my laptop. I have stayed in many a hotel where this is now included free of charge.

Unique Quality: In easy reach of the city and airport but set in tranquil parkland with a lake

Free shuttle to and from the airport

Nearby Kempinski Hotel Gravenbruch Frankfurt

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Frankfurt am Main Travel Forum

Need advice about Frankfurt am Main, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Frankfurt am Main and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Frankfurt am Main hotel reviews