Frankfurt am Main Hotels

Our Members Say

• Soulmining profile photo Soulmining
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Villa Oriental: Much more than just a "Theme Hotel"

So, It was January and utterly depressing weather. Not wanting to have our spirits dampened we were determined to enjoy oour little break in Frankfurt.
So it proved to be on our arrival in our hotel. Stepping through the door from the busy main street, less than 5 minutes from the main train station, we were transported into the middle east. The decor is stunning and the rooms cosy and dreamy. What really stood out were the mosaic tiled bathrooms and brass fittings.
Breakfast is relaxed and some nice little touches to the buffet that gave it a little extra. "Feta with Pesto" Tortilla style omlettes, made a change from scrambled egg and plastic cheese slices.
I must say this is a top location and super hotel. Ideal for city breaks as your within walking distance of the city center.
My next visit to Frankfurt...I am staying here.

What really stands out is the restaurant. "Hafez" Really good Persian influenced food and worth a visit even if your not staying at the hotel. To top it all off they have a "shisha room hookah bar" with all the expected plump cushions and fine aromas of the orient. Loved the whole vibe of the hotel.

• Written July 2, 2013

• IreneMcKay profile photo IreneMcKay
  • Reviews: 1757

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Topas: Excellent and Great Value.

We spent two nights in this hotel recently. To get to the hotel exit Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof by the north exit, cross the road, go left, take the first on the right, then first on the left. It is only a couple of minutes away. There are plenty of restaurants in this area. We walked from here to all the major sights of Frankfurt.

Check in was friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. We had no tea/coffee making facilities. We had a safe which did not work, but when we went to enquire we were told they work by a key rather than a code and were issued with a key.

We read reviews of this hotel saying it was noisy, but we did not find it noisy at all.

Breakfast was included in the price and was very good. There was bread, rolls, several types of cheese, several types of cold meat, tomatoes, cucumber, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, cakes, fruit juices. Coffee and tea was served at the table and there were constant refills.

Check in, check out was quick, efficient, friendly. You have to hand your key in when you go out.

Free wifi was available in the room and worked well.

I would happily stay there again. In addition to all the above positive comments, the hotel was an excellent price.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

• Written June 22, 2013

• adema29 profile photo adema29
  • Reviews: 522

Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper: Good option for long/short stays

In a city like Frankfurt, it was not so easy to find a good accommodation, or at least one to satisfy our expectations.
And, luckily, my wife founds Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper.
Good location, just near the “sky scrapers”, and relatively short distance to the touristic area (15 minutes walking).
It will offer you exactly what you need and I found very useful the small kitchenette as all the restaurants here are really crowded and expensive too.

Everything was OK , with the exception of one of the ladies at the reception which have made some "mistakes" when we have had to pay for the stay.
We have spent a lot of energy and a lot of time trying to convince them that we shall be charged with the amount of money mentioned on our on-line reservation.
It is a long story and those 20-40 minutes arguing with to receptionists and one of their managers have ruined our confidence.
Anyway, I feel that, excepting that problem, our stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt Neue Oper was a nice one and, probably I will go there next time without resentments.
Anyway, keep in your pocket the confirmation for booking and check the invoice before signing it.

• Written January 24, 2012

Adina Apartment Hotel Frankfurt -the room

• Henrik_rrb profile photo Henrik_rrb
  • Reviews: 456

Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center: Nice hotel close to the central station

Both me and my girlfriend arrived early in the morning on different flights, and since we would move on further the next day we wanted a hotel close to the central station in Frankfurt.

Leonardo Hotel Frankfurt City Center was the one we chose, and we didn't regret it. A cosy 3 star hotel just over the street from the station (there is even a special exit to the hotel entrance), just what we needed.

The double room was big, with plenty of space for both us and bags. Good bed, nice bathroom and a pretty good breakfast in the morning.

On our first visit there we got a room towards the street, and with the tram going outside it got quite loud during the early morning. But still not bad and no problem to sleep. When we returned we asked for a room on the backside instead, and there was so silent.

Good service at the reception, where they gave us good help for the sightseeing walk.
The breakfast was served in the next room in the morning. A bit crowded, but no problem to find a table.

There is wifi in the whole hotel, for an extra cost. Can't remember the exact amount, but it was quite okay at least. In the room there was a water boiler and both tea and coffee bags. There was also a flat screen tv with both german and some international channels.

I had read complaints in reviews about the surroundings, but I found it perfect. Despite being so close to the central station (and there is a red light district just two streets away, which we didn't notice at all while walking) it felt really safe. There are a lot of foreign restaurants and shops in the area, so we got some fantastic food there for both lunch and dinner.

The next morning we just walked through the underground tunnel back to the Haupfbahnhof and took the train to the next destination. Couldn't be easier.
Would definitely stay here again if I return to Frankfurt.

• Related to: Backpacking, Trains
  • Written September 30, 2011
Tip Photo

My girlfriend enjoying the hotel bed.

• isler91 profile photo isler91
  • Reviews: 1

www.parkplatz-frankfurt.com: Parken am Flughafen Frankfurt

Parken am Flughafen Frankfurt - das ist Ihr Wunsch und Sie suchen daher einen sicheren sowie günstigen Parkplatz? Dann sind Sie bei uns genau richtig.
Bei uns können Sie parken - und der Flughafen Frankfurt ist nur noch einen kurzen, kostenlosen Direkttransfer in einem unserer komfortablen und klimatisierten Shuttlebusse entfernt. Parken Sie in Frankfurt am Flughafen bei uns, und genießen Sie unseren exzellenten Service.

Wenn Sie bei uns parken, werden Sie in Frankfurt am Flughafen immer pünktlich zu Ihrer Abflugzeit sein, denn wir sind so nah, dass uns keine einzige Verkehrsampel vom Flughafen trennt.

Wir nehmen Ihr Auto in Empfang, verladen Ihr Gepäck in einen unserer Shuttlebusse und bringen Sie, wann immer Sie wünschen, zu Ihrem Terminal. Selbstverständlich holen wir Sie nach Ihrem Rückflug zu jeder Zeit auch wieder ab und bringen Sie zu Ihrem Wagen, der die ganze Zeit gut bei uns aufgehoben war. Denn unser Parkplatz am Flughafen Frankfurt ist 24 Stunden am Tag gesichert und bewacht.

• Written June 8, 2011

• Josh82 profile photo Josh82
  • Reviews: 12

Mercure hotel Kaiserhof Frankfurt: Hotel in city centre

If you search for a decent hotel in Frankfurt, this might be an option for you. The hotel is 5 minutes walking from Frankfurt's hauptbahnhof (main train statinon) and approx. 13 minutes walking from the city centre.

It needs to be said, the Kaiserstrasse is not Frankfurt's nicest street. It offers some seedy shops and 'venues' So, by night, you might be a bit more alert; nonetheless, the author never experienced any problem.

The hotel's staff is friendly, professional and polite. They do their best to make your stay a pleasant one.

With regard to the hotel room : it is ok. you find everything you need for a trip to Frankfurt. The only disadvantage is the lack of climate control. Especially when the sun shines into your room for a while, it gets very warm inside.

The breakfast is fine, but the staff might be a bit more alert and quicker when it comes to providing new food and drinks.

It is interesting to see that this hotel has 4 stars which might be - according to my own opinion - one too many. As a 3 star hotel, it would satisfy your expectations.

The hotel is recommendable, if you do not care for many services or facilities. If you want a 4- or 5- star hotel, you might have to search elsewhere.

Central situated near train station and city centre.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written May 4, 2011

• bcorbitt profile photo bcorbitt
  • Reviews: 103

25hours Hotel Frankfurt by Levi: Design Hotel near Train Station

Found this hotel through the designhotels.com website and got it for a good price on expedia. Was looking for place near train station as had driven 9 hours from southern Germany and was getting on a 9 hour train to Copenhagen the next day so was in no mood to travel to far. Like most train stations, Frankfurts is surrounded by seedy areas though the small street this hotel is on is quiet, though the view from the room was of an office building which is better than a strip club. The hotel and the room is made to look like a levi's pants. LIke most boutique hotels it seemed to have a nice restaurant and bar. When we came back at 1230 there was maybe 100 people outside as they had already done last call. Room reasonable size by European standards and normal flat screen tv with channels in many languages. Person at front desk not that helpful in recommending place to eat though based on small options in neighborhood that is not surprising. Would come back and stay if once again spending one night in Frankfurt.

Decent restaurant and club in otherwise seedy neighborhood. Nice design touches like denim on wall to go with the theme.

• Related to: Study Abroad, School Holidays
  • Written October 12, 2010

• Krazygrrl profile photo Krazygrrl
  • Reviews: 7

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Continental: Where not to stay in Frankfurt/Main

I was looking for a reasonable priced hotel near the Hauptbahnhof in Frankfurt. I saw this hotel advertised with Booking.com. It is supposedly a 3-star hotel. SUPPOSEDLY!

I had just arrived from the US and my husband was going to join me that evening coming in on the train from Bremen where he had business.

I had called ahead and spoken the front desk, they said that I would be able to check in early since they had many vacant rooms. My flight arrived at Frankfurt around 10am or so. I was at the hotel by 11am.

Here they knew nothing of it. Although they had promised to let me check in early and I had a large suitcase and a carry on bag with me, they said NO. The "gentleman" at the front desk said that even though he has many vacancies, it is hotel policy NOT to allow check-in until 3pm.

He did allow me to leave my luggage though, but after a 10 hour flight - I was really tired.

So I decided to visit one of the local restaurants for lunch. This hotel is located in the middle of a red-light district. Several men in the lobby were in the company of "working girls" (who are not hard to spot). I walked about 30m from the lobby and returned because the neighborhood was really scary.

I came back and the elder gentleman at the desk was replaced by a younger Turkish one. He assumed, probably because I was wearing a short skirt, hose, and high heel boots, that I was a working girl as well. I was really insulted by several rude remarks he made to a coworker about me. I spent the next, nearly 4 hours sitting in the lobby until they saw fit to let me check in.

My sweetie arrived around 7pm! Thank GOD!! I was so happy to see him that I started to cry!

Unique qualities...

Filthy rooms
Extreme NOISE from the street
furniture fron the 1970s
spiderwebs in the corners.
the tiniest elevator ever
the smallest possible television (build date, 1989)
stained carpets
stained sheets
dirty shower

A NON-SMOKING room which stank like cigarettes....

I am not sure that this hotel has any redeeming qualities other than the close proximity to the HBF.

• Related to: Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Work Abroad
  • Written October 4, 2010

• antistar profile photo antistar
  • Reviews: 2882

Motel One: Motel One

A very hip new hotel just outside the centre of Frankfurt that has good value rooms, and easy access to Frankfurt from the tram stop outside the front door. The location is an oasis of gentility in the industrial desert of Frankfurt's Ostend. A short walk in any direction and you will end up in some wasteland or underneath a dank factory.

But the spot where the hotel sits is popular with local office workers, and has some fantastic restaurants and cafes. I'd recommend some regular haunts of mine when I worked on Hanauer Landstrasse, like Stones for sandwiches and Das Leben ist schoen for pizzas. They also do great soup in the cafe of the "Blind Museum" opposite.

But like most of suburban Frankfurt it practically shuts down on weekends. You'll have problems finding somewhere to eat on a Sunday night, and the hotel doesn't do much more than snacks.

• Written March 7, 2010

• Karlie85 profile photo Karlie85
  • Reviews: 243

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Express by Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport: Clean and spacious, not convenient to Frankfurt

The Express by Holiday Inn is not actually in Frankfurt, but in Moerfelden-Walldorf, a town near the airport. And it's not even that close to the airport. From the airport, there is a shuttle that you have to call from an intercom type system. We waited about 15 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. It's free to take the shuttle to the hotel from the airport, but if you have to use it any other time it costs 5 Euros per person. The hotel itself is what I would expect from a Holiday Inn. We booked a room with one queen bed. The room was quite spacious. There was also a sofa bed, coffee table, desk, chair, and TV in the bedroom, and a bathroom with a shower. There was a coffee maker, tea, etc in the room. There is an air conditioner. There is free wifi in the lobby. We tested to see if it would work in the room at all, so carried our laptop down the hall from the lobby. As soon as we stepped into our room the wifi disappeared. There is DSL in the rooms for a fee. There is an alright free breakfast with bread, meat, cereal, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. I expected there to be a few more choices, actually. Check in and check out were smooth. There was a bar in the lobby that also had a few pizzas. We were a bit more hungry than that, so the front desk girl told us about an Italian restaurant a 5 minute walk away and gave us a coupon for a free glass of champagne each. The restaurant was actually quite good. We only stayed here for one night as we were just stopping over on our way to Koblenz. We booked online and got a deal because we paid up front, so one night only ended up costing us 50 Euros. Although the hotel is perfectly fine, I probably wouldn't stay here again due to it's inconvenience to Frankfurt.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 30, 2009
Tip Photo

• christine.j profile photo christine.j
  • Reviews: 909

Alpha Hotel Dietzenbach-Steinberg: A good alternative to the city centre

Usually I never stay in a hotel in or near Frankfurt, because I live so close to it. But I was participating in a run in Steinberg, a village very close to Frankfurt, and we were on our way from the Black Forest to Würzburg. So we decided to spend the night in Steinberg.
I had chosen the Alpha Hotel because it allowed late check-out - until three pm -, which would give me time enough to get ready again after the run without hurrying.

This is a very new hotel. Our room was nice, very clean with a large bathroom. I had mentioned that we wouldn't have breakfast because of the run. We had planned to stop later somewhere on our way to Würzburg. But upon our return from the run the manager told us he had left the breakfast out for us. As it was a very nice day,he had set a table outside just for us, and we got served a very good breakfast at 12 o'clock. Excellent coffee and a large variety of food, even though it was long past breakfast hours.

Steinberg is about 20 minutes from Frankfurt city centre, both by car and by S-Bahn (S 2).This is a good alternative to staying in the city centre.
We paid 74 Euro for our room, including the very good breakfast.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written June 19, 2009

• Bavavia profile photo Bavavia
  • Reviews: 333

Carat Hotel Frankfurt: Great value, comfortable, excellent service

Very nice and quiet, comfortable , super clean room. Hotel is an airport hotel, but not directly in the airport, its about a 12 minute shuttle ride( free shuttle) to and from airport. Bed was very comfy with nice comfy mattress and pillow. No noise because it was not directly next to airport which was very good! If you reserve this hotel, this is what you do: When you arrive at airport and have collected your luggage, call the hotel to have shuttle come. Note that shuttle comes every 30 minutes and is a blue shuttle bus that says Carat Hotel. When you depart airport, there are two rows of cars parked( or " strings" of cars). The Carat Hotel shuttle is always in the second row of cars parked. So when you call, the hotel alerts the driver and he knows to wait around to look for you. Worked out well ! I didnt have a phone, but some german guy at the airport called for me. I am not familiar enough with frankfurt airport to know if there are free hotel phones or not in case you didnt have someone to call for you. If you reserve this hotel, just ask them what phones to use and they will tell you.
Restaurant in hotel is very good as well, but like the rest of Germany , food is expensive, but was really good though.....and i had a margerita which was really good too! Food was fresh, nice place, cozy, right off of the elevators.

Comfy and quiet......and close to airport. Not much around as it is a road sort of not near anything, so not much exploring you can do and i didnt see any trains or subways nearby...if you have time and want to explore frankfurt, they could tell you how to access public transportation if u are interested. Central train station about 12 kms away..shopping, around 10 km away.. I paid 49 euros for a night, which is about $ 65 USD

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 13, 2009
Tip Photo

• mvtouring profile photo mvtouring
  • Reviews: 3932

Hotel President: Hotel President

A very nice hotel, close to the main railway station. We booked a triple room and were very surprised to get like a little apartment consisting of two bedrooms and a bathroom.

Excellent service from the staff and very central. We paid for the triple room 80 euro's inlcuding breakfast in June 2008

• Related to: Budget Travel, Seniors
  • Written July 13, 2008

• RhineRoll profile photo RhineRoll
  • Reviews: 434

Mövenpick Hotel City: New, Stylish, Comfortable, Accessible

I was a customer at this fairly new hotel as part of a seminar lecture assignment. This is a great and comfortable business hotel, perfectly located near Frankfurt Messe (exhibition grounds) and in walking distance of the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof). I don't think tourists are the main target group, but if you get a good rate or have no problem footing the rather hefty bill why not stay at this hotel which has all the mod cons. Some rooms have wonderful views of the city's skyline dominated by bank skyscrapers.

What must be noted is the perfect wheelchair access to the hotel's facilities including great and stylish handicap rooms. The comfort comes at a price, but if you get rates around 100 - 110 EUR this would certainly be great value for money. Mövenpick is a Swiss chain, so you can expect and will be treated with very decent hospitality indeed.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Disabilities, Business Travel
  • Written July 9, 2008

modern design bedroom

• laforstraveller profile photo laforstraveller
  • Reviews: 77

Quality Hotel Isabella Frankfurt Airport: Huge Rooms for a Great Price

This is the 2nd and 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel, and I've yet to be disappointed. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are HUGE, and the price is right. My husband's family lives in Stuttgart and we typically try to fly into Stuttgart, but sometimes it's cheaper for us to fly into Frankfurt and then take a train. (Crazy that buying 2 train tickets, plus a night in a hotel would be cheaper than flyind directly to your destination!) Anyways, we chose this hotel because they have a free shuttle to and from the airport, the price was right, and they are less than a 20 min drive away. We were surprised to find such a nice hotel with such big rooms the first time we stayed there. When we discovered that we were going to be flying through Frankfurt on our latest trip, we immediately booked with this hotel again.

The hotel does offer a wonderful breakfast buffet for an additional charge. It is worth it! They have the usual continental breakfast buffet fare, plus scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, sliced meats, cheeses, yogurt, fresh fruit, many different juices to choose from, some salads, veggies, and of course coffee.

There are several wonderful restaurants within the area--10-25 mins walk. Other than that, there really is not much to do in the area in regards to entertainment (for kids) or sightseeing . This is primarily a business travellers hotel. We've seen several flight attendants and pilots here, and other families that are just passing through waiting for their early morning flights.

The hotel is 22 stories (21 plus the ground floor), and thankfully they have a lift. They have a laundromat, free shuttle to and from the airport (which includes the train station) which must be arranged for no more than 24 hours in advance, and a restaurant on site. For parents, they do have cots and baby cribs available for the little ones. All rooms have a balcony.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel