Unterschweinstiege 16, Frankfurt, Hesse, 60549, Germany

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 48% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

at the airport

the steigenberger airport hotel is a great place to stay for a one day trip to frankfurt or if you have a morning flight out of the frankfurt airport. the steigenberger is a modern business class hotel that also offers a bar and restaurant. they offer a free shuttle to the airport every 15 minutes 24/7. they offer all of the amenities that you would expect from a good business class hotel.

Directions: at the airport.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Excellent airport hotel

Looking for a hotel close to the airport after driving from Koblenz was difficult. We orginally thought we would stay at the Sheraton but after asking price $500.00AUD we decided to go to the Steigenberger Hotel instead, which was only minutes away and it represented excellent value and so much cheaper than Sheraton.

Our room 414 was large, modern and comfortable, with all modern facilities. The hotel restaurant which was situated in an outdoor setting, was terrific with a traditional german menu and excellent wine list. (we heard no noise and had a comfortable nights sleep).

The hotel is very busy with tours and airline staff flooding the reception area. A nice bar and foyer area to relax and have a drink. Free shuttle bus to terminal was an extra bonus.

PROS: Good airport hotel ...with reasonable rates. Nice restaurants and bar area. Breakfast also reasonable and nice.

CONS: none for what it offers.

Recommendation: Yes for value.

• bilgeez's Profile Photo

Good for Business

I stayed here the night before I flew from Frankfurt last time I visited Germany. It is a very nice hotel for it's price, at the time I paid what would be about $120 USD for a room, just for myself, much less than the Hotels at the airport, like the Marriott, that wanted over $200.
    The room was quite adequate with a full bath, refrigerator and honors goodies inside. I brought my own snacks, for which there was ample space. Was cozy but comfortable. Pool is on the top of the hotel, indoor. I took a peek, but did not use it. It seemed very nice and is heated! They have towel service and everything one would expect from a first-class establishment.
    I dined at the hotel restaurant. The food was very good, I had something akin to Wienerschnitzel which was very nicely presented and tasty. With two beers and dessert the bill was about $20, not bad for a hotel restaurant in a big city.
    They do have shuttle service to the airport. I think there is a fee, check with the front desk for price and availability, or their website.
    If one has a vehicle, you must pay for parking. It was about $12 overnight, no in/out privledges. If you leave, you must pay to get out and pay again if you stay for more than twenty minutes in the garage.
    This is a great hotel to stay at if one must be close to the airport and not want to spend a fortune. The airport traffic is not noticable and my room was airport-side. It is not cheap, but it is much less than the on-site hotels at the airport. It is just accross the autobahn from FRA. It is probably less expensive than most hotels in it's class, but I wouldn't say one gives anything up for the lower tariff. It is not the easiest place to locate if one is driving and doesn't know Frankfurt well, but other than that I have no criticism for this property.

Unique Quality: Across from Frankfurt-Main Airport.
    Off the B43 Autobahn and the A3 at Kaepitan_Lehmann_ Strasse to/from the airport. This street turns into Unterschweinstiege north of the autobahn. From midtown, one can take the B40 autobahn, south, to the B43, east to the Kaepitan_Lehmann_Strasse exit and go north to Unterschewienstiege.

Directions: Across from Frankfurt-Main Airport. South of the city centre.

More about Steigenberger Airport Hotel

One of the best meals in my life!

by Phillylawyer_19107 about Faces (Steigenberger Airport Hotel)

Yesterday, I had one of the best meals of my life, in the restaurant "Faces" in the Steigenberger airport hotel. It is a medium-sized restaurant with an interesting flair. The furniture is modern,the decoration slightly exotic. There are several lights in the walls that change continually which makes for most interesting light effects (but not to blatant, it's very well done, almost blending into the background). The tables are set nicely, with little Japanese stones as decoration and most interesting quotes printed on rice paper.

The waiters were friendly and accommodating, without the stiffness one sometimes experiences in "better" restaurants. Service was quick, orders were fulfilled promptly.

The menu (which can be seen on the website as a pdf-file) was mouthwatering. I'm very picky with food and usually just find one or two dishes that appeal to me on a menu. Here, I could have ordered almost everything (except, of course, the foie gras. I highly disapprove of restaurants still having that on their menu.). The dishes are Asian-influenced, even though the cook is a German. The selection was good, not too overwhelming, not to limited, with a good balance of fish and meat dishes. I ended up taking the suggested menu (see below in the next section for the description of my dishes).

Every single course was absolutely delightful. It started with two (!) amuse bouches and between the first two courses a lovely sorbet was served.

I ate quite a lot - three course menu with two amuse bouches and one sorbet - but I didn't feel too full as the servings were perfectly sized and nothing was heavy. This restaurant is even worth the drive from Frankfurt downtown to the airport, it is a feast for the eyes and the taste buds. My menu consisted of the following:
Rotbarbe (fish, I think it's called barbel in English) with a bit of tartar
Veal on a vegetable bed with banana chips
Caramelized Dandelion parfait with a wafer roll and fruit

The two amuse bouche were:
Plum and coriander mousse with different breads
Celery cream soup, a bit of veal and a bit of duck breast with some vegetables

Everything was perfect, the mousse was really special, a mixture of fruity and slightly spicy taste, quite exotic. The tartar in the first course was juice and delicious, the vegetables all seasoned to perfection, again with a slightly exotic hint. The parfait had a special taste to it that is hard to describe, kind of fruity-flowery, harmonizing well with the caramel note. Every bit of meat that we got was absolutely tender, juicy and tasty. The fish was tender as well, nicely done and delicious. The food was presented artfully on beautiful plates, there were always some vegetables there as well, they were perfect, not too mushy, deliciously spiced. That was the main thing that amazed me - the cook is an artist with spices and flavorings. Everything we ate had an own special taste, intensive, but not overpowering. The spices were used to skillfully that every bite was a culinary sensation.

My father thad the following:
Warm carpaccio of calf's head with grilled scallops and marinated Grenaille potatoes
Turbot cooked in noodle's pasty on young leek with truffles foam

and he as well was absolutely delighted.

Needs a decorator, new carpet, and amenities.

by TripAdvisor Member WhiteTara

I don't expect much from airport hotels, just a quiet room and clean bathroom ... and that is almost what I got here. I have been disappointed in the hugely overbuilt Frankfurt Airport Sheraton in the past so I tried the Steigenberger Airport Hotel, which was less than half the inflated price of the former. No signs to the shuttle bus, but that is the airport's fault, I suppose. Quick check in with a reasonably friendly staff, who were, however, unable to confirm my flight for the next day, which was annoying as it turned out that the time had changed. The room was quiet. It was large enough to be comfortable, and it was reasonably clean ... except the carpet was woeful. The bathroom had no amenities except liquid soap. Cheap, that. The little pool (once I found it as the elevators are mislabeled) was clean, and a refreshing splash after a long flight was nice. There was one real surprise. The old dimly lit lobby restaurant/bar was not inviting, but I was hungry and the more pleasant German restaurant did not have much to offer a vegetarian, so I went in to the dispiriting place and found the food to be wonderful, and the staff attentive. This barn of a hotel would be nicer if they didn't park a car in the lobby. Has no one heard of decor?

Don't give credit card number

by TripAdvisor Member HighFlyer3

Hotel was good but toileteries, coffee etc not kept in room as we find in american hotels. In these days of cabin baggage restrictions, toothpaste in room etc would have been good. But main concern was they took my credit card number saying thats the only way they can activate my room phone for a 3 minute free international call that they offered since my flight got delayed by a day in Germany. I used less than 3 minutes, since I timed it, but they charged me for it. When I checked out I asked the reception if there are any charges and they said No charges.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member DA6

We had one night in Frankfurt to get a connecting flight to London. This place turned out to be one of the best hotels on our trip around the world. Even though we arrived close to 1a.m., the Hotel shuttle came to get us and check-in was quick and easy. We were given a room in the Executive tower, which was large and well equipped. Fantastic beds and bathroom. The breakfast buffet was also outstanding. All in all, highly recommend staying here if you have connecting flights or looking for a great place near the airport.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member drcahughes

stayed here for a layover on the way back to the states. very upscale business type hotel. very clean, staff was friendly and helpful. room amenities were great - slippers and robes, soaps, basket of fruit, mineral water. didnt eat at the reastaurants so unsure of quality there. the free shuttle to and from the airport runs every 15 minutes. overall, great stay.

Very Good chain hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RussianBride

We stayed there for a couple of nights between connecting flights. Because of long haul flights we just wanted to sleep and didn't mind that we didn't see much of the city. I thought it was a very good hotel: clean, efficient and quiet in a woodland setting. The rooms were a good size and while the decor was not to my taste it was very acceptable. My only complaint was the smell of smoke in the lifts and public areas. Also, there is no ATM on premises. The staff were helpful. There are restaurants and coffee shops which are attractive although we used them sparingly. Instead, we used the free shuttle to ferry us to and from the airport terminal where we found food, a pharmacy, post office, ATMs, reading material. From the airport you can get a train into Frankurt itself. The hotel is nice but very, very expensive (given the $A) and as it's a large, company hotel owned by Lufthansa it is full of airline staff and is rather impersonal. You wait quite a while for lifts/elevators. If you after local colour I guess it's self evident that you stay in Frankfurt proper.

Steigenberger ist Gut

by TripAdvisor Member LAXrunner

I had a small, very small one bedroom, but I had everything I needed includeing a gym with a view. The shuttle bus to the airport made it convenient to catch a train downtown or to catch a flight home.

I would stay again.

airport to Altstadt - continued

by ocicat

Well... my first attempt got posted mid-typing! Let's try again!

I'm looking at staying at The Steigenberger Airport Hotel - partly due to it's shuttle service to the airport (free and I LIKE free!).

But I'm concerned about how much a taxi to the Altstadt area might cost. I've been told to expect 35 to 40 Euros. That sounds pretty high to me.

Help please!?

TJ

Re: airport to Altstadt - continued

by Manara

If I remember correctly, there is a bus stop just outside that hotel (the garage side). Even if I am mistaken, you can travel downtown with the local train. The price should be about 3.5 euro and trains are very frequent.

Re: airport to Altstadt - continued

by Manara

Sorry, I realised the bus stop was outside the Sheraton, the Steigenberger is not so close. Anyway, ask the concierge, you may find that there is a bus stop there too. Otherwise you can use the free shuttle minibus to the airport and then take the train.

Re: Re: airport to Altstadt - continued

by chirimoya

The Steigenberger Airport Hotel - if I not mistaken- is just opposite the airport so that you can walk.

If you want to go to downtown Frankfurt just take the S-Bahn - takes about 15 Minutes and cost around EURO 3,-

Yes, taxis from the airport to the city cost around 25-30 Euros... So you are better off taking the S-Bahn. But there also might be shuttle buses to the city.

Nicole