The Westin Grand Frankfurt

Konrad Adenauer Strasse 7, (formerly Arabella Sheraton), Frankfurt, Hesse, 60313, Germany

Booking.com Orbitz.com Westin.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Weekend Break to Frankfurt

I would 100% recommend the Westin Grand! We arrived at the hotel at about 10 in the morning and were offered an upgrade to a deluxe as it was available right then rather than having to wait until 3pm for the standard. As it was my birthday we decided to do the upgrade and thought it was worth every penny ... Or cent. The room was a really good size big bed which was very comfortable; the bathroom was AMAZING spotless with 3 showerheads so suit whether you like to stand under the shower or a detachable head to hold onto, there was a temperature changer to make the room hotter or cooler, theres a speaker in the bathroom ceiling so you can hear the television clearer in the bathroom than the bedroom. For a room service breakfast we had a bread basket for €12 with which you got 6 rolls and 6 small pots of jam which isn't bad value. The staff were ever so friendly especially in the restaurant and the whole experience was really good. Hotel location was perfect, central and if you wanted to go somewhere out of walking distance.. For us the natural history museum and airport there's a taxi rank outside the hotel doors. Perfect weekend!

Directions: When leaving the hotel you take a right and right again and you are on the main shopping street, map is provided by hotel staff, Romer, the river, the cathedral, the food areas and zoo are all in walking distance

• Manara's Profile Photo

Very central 5 stars

The hotel looks rather new, in fact it was completely renovated in 2007. It has everything one expects from 5-star hotel: spacious room, large and comfortable bed, wide-screen TV with satellite channels, fast internet connection, beautiful bathroom.
    There is also a Nespresso coffee machine in every room.
    I liked very much the tea-scented toiletries, with soaps in the shape of a leaf. This is the first time I take a picture of a soap!
    I liked very much also the bathtub, much more comfortable than most hotel tubs. Even if there is no walk-in shower, taking a shower here is a pleasure, because the tub is wide, the bottom is flat enough and not slippery and there are both hand-held and wall-mounted shower-heads.

Unique Quality: The central location of this hotel is certainly a great quality. It is really close to the Zeil shopping area and to the Alte Oper (one of the city's landmarks) and a short walk from the river and the Sachsenhausen district.

More about The Westin Grand Frankfurt

Very good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Aburel

Stayed in Westin even years ago when it was Arabella Grand and I was really happy to see that still is a nice hotel. Executive rooms are really great, spacious, beds are confortable and the espresso machine existing in the room gives you a nice time. At the time of my most recent visit, in the lobby was showing a vintage car exhibition which was really great. The only thing I don not recommend is a not refurbished room, which is not at all a deal. Not to forget, take 15 to 20 minutes time to walk to the financial district, especially in the morning when shops on Zeil are preparing to open.

Two great stays!

by TripAdvisor Member Onmessage1

This is a first-rate Westin property. I spent two separate nights here and, on both occasions, I got a beautiful and very quiet, well-appointed room. It is true the Westins these days are pretty much all the same but at least you know what to expect! This property also has a fantastic gym and lap pool. I would highly recommend.

Exceptional Business Venue

by TripAdvisor Member sburke14

I had no expereince of this hotel before my business trip and only booked it as a consequence of the convention team being so professional in their response to me concerning the availability of conference facilities. This was certainly my good fortune as I seem to have found the perfect venue for meetings in Frankfurt. As the main reason for being there was business, it's only fair to address this aspect first. Just one word sums it up .... professional. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything was organised as arranged, no fuss, perfect. The hotel generally ... hotel reception is excellent, freindly staff offering a nice welcome. Room was great, huge bed, espresso machine, lcd tv, desk... just as you would expect in a business city hotel. Bathroom not the best i have experienced in Germany. Slightly smaller than i would have expected, didn't get a floor mat change on my second day, could have been cleaned a little better ( or am i just being fussy ?). Bar is great, staff attentive. Breakfast very good, wide range of choice. Restaurant ( Aqua terra? ) superb, food was superb - of the very highest quality, the team in the restaurant were very good ( they would be a credit to Gordon Ramsay ! ). The restaurant would score 100% if it were not for the lack of bread offered during our lunch on the first day ( we were offered it the second day )... so only 95 % ! Finally, the Wellness centre was well equipped and almost empty . I didn't venture into the pool - sorry !

Excellent Meeting Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mtgplannerhh

The Westin Grand was perfect for my meeting-close to the airport, great sight-seeing location. The staff was very attentive and friendly. I have no complaints. It is my favorite European hotel!

Check In - feel's like home!

by TripAdvisor Member TobiasDave

From check in to check out me and my girlfriend had a incredible feeling of comfort and quality.
The check in was swift and professional - yet with a personal touch. We had some questions regarding evening activities - I expected to get an simple map with pre-printed points of interest - what i got were insider tips for Frankfurt's hottest summer locations (how we found out later).
Passing the impressive lobby you see oldtimers being exposed - wow. It makes having a closer look - no need to tell you about the stylish bar area!
Our room was modernly furnished and equipped with plasma tv, high speed internet access, a maximun cozy bed. Everything was very clean and tidy - fruits for welcome were neatly arranged on a table next to the bed (take a look at the picture!).
To my surprise, the air conditioning was efficient BUT! silent enough to have it work when you're asleep.
In the morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet - and again - staff was marvellous. You are being treated like a king - with a smile on everbody's face freshly made orange juice, hand made omelettes oder cappucino is brought at your table.
Before habing to leave again we took a look at the SPA area.
The gym is well equipped - got one or two machines of every kind - luckily it wasn't too busy there. So we enjoyed the last few hours lying at the pool having a great look at the city and swimming in the pool.
Checkout was the same like check in - friendly and efficient.
One of the best hotel's we've ever been in.

Just Okay

by TripAdvisor Member jamesmiller

My stay was just okay. Quite poor for a five star hotel.

The food was terrible. Expensive and no taste. The lunch buffet is even worst then at a Highway restaurant. Food is not fresh, cold and no taste... I am not sure but you pay for a business lunch arround 30 euros and get this...

Room are very nicely renovate and modern. The welness area is also very nice...

If you go there... go out and try an other restaurant.

Some of the saff are very arrogant thats also very chocking for a "5 Star" hotel.

Lovely lovely 5 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member stez867

spent 1 night at this hotel last week and thoroughly enjoyed.

Upon checking in, we were offered late checkout at no charge, which came in hand as we had an 8pm flight out the next day.

the room was fabulous, large king size bed with the singature heavenly treatment, and beautiful marble bathroom. we were put on the 6th (top) floor, where the pool & sauna was located, which was extremly convenient. there is no hot tub, but if you look around in the pool you will find buttons on the pool walls which start up massaging jets & air jets, so it's essentially a cold jacuzzi in the pool (better than none!).

the hotel is 2 metro stops from the main train station, walkable, but we found the public transportation very easy to use and took a combination of both street & underground trains during our stay there (nearest stop is konstable (spelling?))

the staff were very friendly.

overall a great stay and would highly recommend

for those flying into/out of frankfurt-i had the quickest ride to the airport for any large city i have ever been to, 15 mins on the S8 or S9 train, direct from the hotel (no transfers). and it cost less than 3 euros per person. very efficient, very quick, easy to find.

OK but not outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member CM002

I can't quite share the enthusiasm most reviewers have for this hotel. There is nothing wrong with it, but to me it was an average competent 4 star chain hotel, and not a 5 star property as the Grand in the name would have you believe.

The decor is fairly bland, though it had the usual very good Westin bedding. Only the classic cars in the lobby give a different touch. The fitness facilities were also not outstanding with only a small pool.

Overall, I was disappointed as I would have expected more luxury touches and elegance given its 5 star rating.

Torn between problems, and comfort of hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Rhine-and-Roses

Courteous clerks and quick check in. They would not change our room to twin beds because it wasn't in our rate, but the hotel did not appear highly occupied, so I cannot imagine why. King bed was fine anyway.

Fabulous old cars decorate the lobby and mezzanine. It's worth a trip in to see them.

We got to the room (535) and there was a strong odor of perfume. I wondered if the housekeeper had sprayed something to mask an odor. Opened the window and was BLASTED by street noise. We went out for dinner and returned to a smell every bit as strong as the first. I called and asked to change rooms, which they agreed to immediately. They were supposed to send someone up in 15 minutes, but after 3 calls and 30 minutes, we finally got a new room.

The new room had a slight sewer odor! We were now late to meet friends because it took so long to move, so we decided to close the bathroom door and see if that took care of the odor It was a very mild odor and closing the door took care of it, except of course, in the bathroom. By the way, four of our five friends who came in later said they could smell it, too, when the bathroom door was open.

However, the bathroom had floor heat which could not be turned off, so it was an oven in there.

Rooms and bath were immaculate. I am a stickler and I found no reason to complain whatsoever. There was turn down service. Nice coffee maker, too! The bed was really comfortable. Nice linens, bathrobes, slippers, all the amenities you could need and the hotel had a lengthy list of items you could get from the desk.

Decided after using the shampoo that someone must have spilled their highly perfumed shampoo somewhere hidden in the first room, because that was the overpowering smell.

The bathroom was wired to play the sound from the TV, but it did not work in our room 636. We didn't care, so didn't report it until check out.

We asked for a late check out and were initially told no, then yes, probably because she noticed our rate gave 4:00 check out if available. When we did check out, somehow my one night reservation had turned into two and the clerk had a very odd air about her- like she was going to have to tell me I owed for the second night. I had copied my reservation and showed them that it had never been for two nights. End of problem.

We were there for the US election event and the hotel did a nice job with keeping 1400 people happy. The set up was appropriate to the function, and there wer plenty of staff to help out. I thought they did very well for such a crowd, plus everything was kept tidy- not easy with that size group! Staff was friendly.

We had breakfast in their breakfast room. There was quite a bit of variety and staff immediately available. Most of the food looked and tasted good, but the fruit did not look or taste fresh. Delicious coffee, cordial waiter.

Next time I spend the night in Frankfurt, I will probably try another hotel, just because at this price, I really expect to have fewer problems. None was significant, but all together, it was a little cloud following us. On the other hand, Westin beds are the best.

Travelling Advise in Germany

by EJTAN

Please advise the fastest and cheaper mode of transport to travel to Wiehl and Reinbeck respectively from Westin Grand Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany.
My initial plan for the trip is as follows:
Dec 11th - arrive at Frankfurt
Dec 13th - travel to Reinbeck from Frankfurt for a meeting on Dec 14th.
Dec 15th - travel back to Frankfurt and need to travel to Wiehl for meeting. Please advise whether it is recommended to travel from Frankfurt to Wiehl or Reinbeck directly to Wiehl and then back to Frankfurt.
Dec 17th night - depart from Frankfurt Airport.

Please advise whether it is feasible for the above plan in term of the transport and time factor.

Looking forward to your reply and help.

Thank you.

Re: Travelling Advise in Germany

by julian3

Just wondering where will you be travelling from to get to Frankfurt on the 11th of December?

Re: Travelling Advise in Germany

by abalada

DB timetable
From: Frankfurt
To: Reinbek
To: Wiehl
To: FRA airport

Travel from Reinbek directly to Wiehl. Via Frankfurt is quite a detour.

Options:
a) check how much a ticket (connecting flight) to Hamburg will cost you. Hamburg/Reinbek are quite far from Frankfurt.
b) check if you can get Rail&Fly tickets from your airline
With Rail&Fly you have to travel on the 11th or 12th to Hamburg/Reinbek as this ticket is only valid on the day of arrival and the day after.

-> Tourismus -> Hotel-/Unterkunftsverzeichnis for a leaflet with hotels
Reinbek can be reached by S-Bahn S21 from Hamburg

Wiehl is not served by trains. But the DB timetable will give you also bus connections. "Wiehl" will default to the bus stop "Wiehl Rathaus" (town hall). Which must be not necessarily the best stop for your destination.
Or train to Dieringhausen or Gummersbach and from there by taxi.
other options would be Gummersbach or Cologne