Ginsterweg 6, Kleinauheim, Hanau, Hesse, 63456, Germany

zzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzz...

Fountain AreaFountain Area

Trains

by dinehpug

I am taking a trip to paris and I would like to travel by train...can anyone tell me where I should look?
I am traveling from Hanau to Paris with the lowest price I can get...

What train and how much...

Re: Trains

by aachen

Hi !

Do a look >>> http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

by dinehpug

hi...yes I have tried that and it's not giving me any prices....I am just loooking for something for the weekend only...

by aachen

Hi !

The price FROM Paris-Est to Hanau via Mannheim is :

93 € one way

Duration > + 7 h

You can not start at Frankfurt ?

Re: Trains

by abalada

The best cheap connections are:
Hanau Hbf dep 06:01 Paris Est 13:03
Hanau Hbf dep 10:09 Paris Est arr 17:06
Hanau Hbf dep 22:09 Paris Est arr 07:01

The first 2 connections are with a direct EC train from Frankfurt Hbf. The 3rd by a night train also from Frankfurt Hbf.

Ticket with regional train to Frankfurt plus EC train to Paris is EUR 83,60 (1 person 2nd class). Actually the DB timetable shows this price - but you have to deselect the option "prefer fast connections". Faster (because the trains are running much faster) is the route via Cologne - but also much more expensive. And as the part Cologne/Brussels is by Thalys trains no prices are given.

For a weekend trip the night train might be however the best option.

There was once an offer for pre-booked return tickets to Paris where you could get a rebate of 25-33% for the ticket. But I'm not sure if this still exists. You may want to ask at a DB railway station.

by dinehpug

how about just for one day...hanau to paris...or multiple town...or town to town until I get to paris...I am just trying to find the cheapest...I don't have much money...

by abalada

> how about just for one day...hanau to paris..
a) there are no special offers for one day return trips
b) It's barely possible to make a return trip alone. And I see no sense in travelling 14-15 hours just to stay a couple of hours in Paris.
> or multiple town...or town to town until I get to paris...
I don't really understand this. A "normal" ticket from Hanau to Paris with EC trains is valid 2 months and allows breaks as long as they are en route and towards Paris.

> I am just trying to find the cheapest...I don't have much money...
Try ride sharing, e.g.

Another option would be to check in Hanau or Frankfurt for a bus tour to Paris. E.g. in local newspapers or smaller travel agencies.

by dinehpug

well..it's okay anyways...My only purpose of the trip was to Visit Jim Morrison's Grave that's it...I guess I have to go through a different route with enjoytours.com

thanks anyways..

by dinehpug

Can you tell me how far it from Concorde Sqaure to Pere LaChaise?

Travel Tips for Hanau am Main

Old Hanau and the Volksfest

by Russell_the_Wombat

Hanau's Neustadt quarter has gained fame among historians. It was founded in the late 16th century for refugees from the Spanish Netherlands (today: Belgium) who were persecuted because of their protestant faith. The Count of Hanau happily put them up. The city was planned on a grid of rectangular streets.

However, not much is left of old Hanau, both Altstadt and Neustadt, except the ground plan and a very very few rests of old architecture, torsoes with modern additions. The majority of the buildings is plain and, sorry to say this, ugly post-war functionalism.

The central building of Neustadt is the double church, one for the French speakers, one for the Dutch speakers among the newcomers. It has received its share of World War II bombs and only the Dutch church has been rebuilt and is still in use as a church. Of the larger Wallonic (French-speaking) church, only the outer walls remained. The interior has become a courtyard, surrounded by the low modern buildings of the parish community centre.

This bronze lady is standing in the pedestrian zone, trying to sell bronze sweaters.

Sweaters made of bronze are not very comfortable to wear. I do not think she makes much business. The shop behind her, which sells clothes made of wool and fabric, attracts far more customers.

The big and very ugly square between Altstadt and Neustadt is usually a parking lot. We were surprised to see that there was a Volksfest going on.

Not a big one, though. It attracted mostly children and teenagers. There were hardly any adults around except the merchants and some parents who accompanied smaller kids. And Mommy.

This strange thing is supposed to be a pirate ship among storms and high waves. The riders are tied to their seats as not to fall off. Then the thing is twisting and swaying in all directions. It looked rather sickening.

This roundabout is for small children, colourful and rather harmless. Noisy, though, because each vehicle has a bell or clacson or whatever button to make noise.

This stall looked yummy... Mommy dragged me away, though.

We did not stay long at the Volksfest. Just to take a couple of photos, and then we left.
Not our piece of cake.

I liked the balloons, though.

Comments