Hotel Zum Riesen

Booking.com hotel.info eDreams

Satisfaction Poor

More about Hanau am Main

Gasthof GambrinusGasthof Gambrinus

See the planeSee the plane

Brueder GrimmBrueder Grimm

Travel Tips for Hanau am Main

Alte Fasanerie In Klein-Auheim

by Hanau93

A beautiful wildlife park that was originally founded in 1710 to display the Count's pheasants. Now many more animals have been added like moose, wolves etc. A great place for kids or people interested in Eco Travel. A walk barefoot through the park is offered.. :)The website below is in German but again I am willing to translate for anyone interested.

A Bride, a Gate, and the Devil

by Russell_the_Wombat

I promised you the bride, and here she is. Together with some other ladies she is pushing this big white stretch limousine (a silly pose the photographer made them take).

They did not get far with that car. They did not know why the car would not move despite all their pushing, but King Kong knows!

The courtyard in front of the palace is planted with roses, too.

Towards the street it has ba big iron gate with gilded ornaments. I liked those golden leaves.

I did not like the spider webs that were all over the gate, though.
**sneeze**

ANother, spider-web free detail of the gate.

On the opposite side of the street we discovered a little fountain. It does not work, however, because there is a knot in the tap. I suspect the devil who is sitting on the tap, grinning.

Some witty people spotted the plant that is growing in the basin. They wrote on the wall: "Good ideas spread like dandelion."

The devil whispered into my ear. He told me many many nice things. But Mommy pulled me away before he could do any harm to me.

Beware of the devil!

Kesselstadt is very close to the river Main. There is a bike trail along the river bank which must be fun to ride. We had no bike and no time, though. We were already on the way back into town. This is the view from the bus stop. We had to hurry, grab our luggage from the hotel, and rush to the station on another bus to catch our train.

Comments