Siegfriedstrasse 1, Heppenheim, Hesse, 64646, Germany
Booking.com Travelocity hotel.info

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse

BestBest

One great wanderung by weinbergeOne great wanderung by weinberge

Open-air stageOpen-air stage

Martin BuberMartin Buber

taxi to frankfurt airport from heppenheim

by sheth

I want to know how much a taxi drive would cost from hotel starkenburger hof, heppenheim to frankfurt international airport ?

Re: taxi to frankfurt airport from heppenheim

by barbara.m

Ask reception, the hotel would know. Or take a taxi to the train station - 10 euro - then the train to Frankfurt, then S-bahn to the airport. Or take a taxi to Mannheim train station, then a through train to the airport.
Barbara

Re: taxi to frankfurt airport from heppenheim

by Nelie

Hotel Starkenburger Hof is infront of the railway station. You just have to cross the street. And as far as I know there are trains going directly to frankfurt international airport. I suppose it is much cheaper than taking a taxi

Re: Re: taxi to frankfurt airport from heppenheim

by chicabonita

Hello, my sister Nelie is right.

In any case don't go first to Mannheim because that is the other direction. It would be a detour of about an hour.

Train would be the easiest. I believe that there might be also some private airport shuttle services. The hotel could surely help with that.

Have a nice stay in my hometown
Barbara

Travel Tips for Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse

Street theatre

by chicabonita

Every year for a few days in July the street and places in the old part of Heppenheim change into a stage. It's the time for the international street theatre festival which is called Gassensensationen. Each year different artist like acrobats, actors or musicians with different programms perform on the open air stage. The 2003 festival is already over. I saw just two very excellent performances out of many. To little time for all spectacles. Like every year the festival passed to quick. See some pics in my travelogue of the Leo Bassi's scene which was extraordinary!

I'm already looking forward to next years sensations!
6 - 9 July 2005

Starkenburg

by chicabonita

Located in the towers is a youth hostel.

You also find a restaurant. I never eat there, just had a drink but from the terrasse you have a wonderful view over the Bergstrasse and if the wether is good you could also see Mannheim at the horizone.

One of my favourite places

by chicabonita

Each year I can't wait till summer time starts and the pool opens. I like swimming. And after a long night out with lots of drinks for me it is the best way to get a "clean" head. The best time is when only few people visit the pool. Then I could spent hours just looking on the water. It is very calming and as in Heppenheim is no ocean near by ...

Hessentag

by chicabonita

Each year the Hessentag takes place in a city in Hessen (State of Germany). As you can see from the picture it will take place in my Hometown in 2004. I really have no idea what Heppenheim plans for that special event. If I would read Heppenheims newspaper I think I could know something... But what I know is that due to the Hessentag nearly the whole city is a construction site and that is really terrible ... I hope the Hessentag will be worth the trouble. Lets wait and see. I visited a Hessentag just once. About 12 years ago when it took place in Lorsch, 5 km away from Heppenheim.

Partner cities

by chicabonita

In Germany it is common that towns/cities have partner cities. At least in France and Italy. In Heppenheim the partnership with Le Chesnay/F is very good. Each year an exchange week for the pupils takes place. My sister joined such a week years ago. But I have to admit (shame on me :-))) that I haven't visited any of our partner cities so far. Maybe in the near future .... ?

Comments