documenta XII (part III)
Here's the second part of my top 10 artworks on documenta list:
6. Installation "Black Chords Plays Lyrics" by Saadane Afif (2004/07, in Aue-Pavillon): A darkened room full of guitars and amplifiers which are started coincidentally by a computer. Every some seconds, a guitar plays a chord... and then is silent again until somewhere else in the room the next guitar starts. Cool experience!
7. Photography "The Transported of Kwa-Ndebele" by David Goldblatt (1983, in Aue-Pavillon): A photography series about commuters in South Africa who have to leave their hometown at 2am to go to work in Pretoria and who come back at 11pm.
8. Photography "Analogue" by Zoe Leonard (1998-2007, in Aue-Pavillon): A series about closed Brooklyn and Harlem shops - in my opinion photography at its best!
9. Video Installation "Safely Manoeuvring Across Lin He Road" by Lin Yilin (1995, in Fridericianum): A video showing a man who transports a wall across Lin He Road by picking up one brick on one side and putting it down on the other side - everything amidst the running traffic!
10. Installation "Accumulation and Floor of the Forest" by Trisha Brown (1971, in Fridericianum): Several artists slowly climbing through a net woven from cloth and clothes - just weird, but interesting to watch!