Kassel Hotels

• Nemorino profile photo Nemorino
  • Reviews: 2814

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Stadthotel: Sort of 1950s ambience, but convenient

An inexpensive, centrally located hotel.

I got a good deal on it through one of the websites I usually use, either www.hotel.de or www.hrs.de.

They now have a free wireless LAN connection in all the rooms (since October 2005).

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written February 10, 2006
Tip Photo

Stadthotel

• christine.j profile photo christine.j
  • Reviews: 892

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotelanlage Klinikum Kassel: In case of an emergency

My sister had got a phone call to come to the hospital in Kassel as soon as possible because of a family emergency.The Klinikum is the largest hospital in Kassel , almost a small town by the size, and most hotels are some distance from it, especially when you don't know your way, it's been snowing heavily and the buses don't keep to their schedule.

I was trying to find a room for my sister as close to the Klinikum as possible.
After looking at many hotel reservation sites and tourist information sites,I found out the hospital owns a hotel close-by.

I called the Klinikum to find out if they still had a room. I was lucky, we got the last available one. I was then asked how long my sister would stay. I had no idea, and said two nights maybe. I had to spell my sister's name and was told she'd have to register at the main office to get instructions and the key.That was all, no credit card number to give or anything else.

My sister told me later everything had worked just perfectly. She got the key, went to her room - about three minutes walk from the hospital - and found a small single, ensuite, with even a kettle for a cup of tea or coffee. That's not very common in German hotels, but a big plus, especially after spending a day in trains, having been too nervous to eat anything.

When all the tests were done the next day, they were allowed to go home. My sister went to pay and said she'd pay for two nights of course, as it was past 1pm. She was told none of the people staying there would come for fun, they'd all have had some bad news, and the hospital wasn't going to get extra money out of them. My sister paid 39 Euro for just one night. Even without breakfast this is a very good rate.

Only family members of patients can stay there.
I hope none of you will ever need this hotel, but in case of an emergency it's very good to know about it.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average