Anton Flettner Str 8, Raunheim 65479

Satisfaction Poor

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Raunheim

balint01 with a table full of food (for 3 people)balint01 with a table full of food (for 3 people)

A table of great Greek foodA table of great Greek food

Schöfferhofer WessbierSchöfferhofer Wessbier

Salmon Provinciale - also very tastySalmon Provinciale - also very tasty

?Krauter Butter

by JillG

While stationed in Germany, The Corner Steak House was a favorite restaurant of ours. We always ordered the steak, and it came with 3 different sauces, one of which was called: Krauter Butter, I think. I would love to know where I might find it, or the basic ingredients so that I might try and make it myself. I hope you can help.

by mccalpin

Take a look at http://www.ochef.com/1027.htm

Note that it's Kräuterbutter so the "Kräu" is pronounced like "kroy" (rhymes with "boy", not "krow" (rhymes with "cow"), which latter case would be spelled Krauterbutter anyway (which probably isn't a real word)...

Bill

by GrumpyDiver

Kräuterbutter translated into English is "herb butter". Not terribly useful, because you'd have to know which herbs are used.

by christine.j

Yes, it's butter with herbs, mostly also garlic. A must are chives, chopped very, very fine, and any other herbs you like, also some salt.It's up to you to try out which herbs to add, just mix them into the soft butter.

by JillG

Thank you so much for the link, I cannot wait to try and make this. My husband and I loved this butter so much. Now if we could only find the "stones" that the Corner Steak House used to serve the steaks! We have never found a restaurant here in the US that serves their steaks in this manner. Thank you again!
JillG