Am Main Taunus Zentrum 1, Sulzbach (Taunus), Hesse, D-65843, Germany

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 49% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Excellent for business travels and meetings

I would never stay at this hotel for private travels because it is completely out of my price range and I don't like these types of hotel when I am on private trips. But it is an excellent hotel for business travellers and for big meetings. We recently had a meeting there, 120 people had to be accommodated, fed and rooms provided for the several discussions and meetings. From this perspective, it could not have been better. The rooms we had for meetings were often a bit far from each other, but two other large groups were there as well. In total the hotel has 23 meeting rooms of different sizes, the biggest one for 350 people. Given this and the naturally occurring chaos when so many people are together and have breaks at different times, the staff did a marvellous work to make sure none of us was hungry or thirsty in between. The meeting relevant technology was provided: beamers, boards and they would even have organised an electronic voting device in case of need.

In terms of accommodation: our rooms were very spacious, equipped with TV, internet access (albeit expensive with 10 Euro per hour, if I remember correctly), minibar, coffee & tea making facility, hair dryer, bathrobes and a safe (see photo). Oh yes, and the rooms have air-conditioning, a very efficient one! We will all remember this eternally! One of us most probably had brought an infection along and at the end of our three days in Sulzbach, almost 80% of us were wiped down to bed with high fever or a serious bronchitis. We still call it the Sulzbach virus today.... But I am sure it was not the fault of the hotel.

The hotel provides a Finnish sauna and a steam bath, both spacious and clean. Free of charge of course for the guests and enough towels in the spa area. No need to bring one downstairs from the room.

Breakfast and meals were large, excellent and a great variety of different styles. I think it is possible to eat a la carte, but given the size of our group we had buffet style meals and breakfast. The only drawback for me was that they obviously had not enough still water in bottles and staffs were often hesitating when we asked for it. (Remember this is Germany where the desire for still or tap water has not yet arrived in the brains of most hotel and restaurant managers). Breakfast is expensive though with 20 Euro per person. But across the corner is a huge shopping mall, so that would have provided cheaper breakfast options.

Another drawback is the location. It is nowhere near Frankfurt, and accessible either by taxi or a complicated public transport. Frankfurt International Airport is located 15 km to the southwest. This location makes it also difficult if expensive to go out for the night. The hotel has a bar though.

I can’t give prices because our rate included a company discount. Prices are given on the website.

Comments