Ringhotel Post-Hotel Usseln

Travel Tips for Willingen

Willingen the OTHER wintersportcentre in Sauerland

by Pavlik_NL

"Championships ski-highjump"

Willingen, I have been here several times. With my parents we settled down here a few summers to recreate in the forests and fields. Strange that only now I found out that Willingen is just inside the "Bundesland Hessen" as the border between the two German provinces goes straight through Sauerland.
Summer were lovely, but the wintersport that I had here was obviously one with bloody lucky timing. Me and my friend Inge again choose to go langlaufing and the night before we arrived was very foggy and frosty. Evrything was white. The branches of trees and bushes were like white fluffy sticks and even the tiniest grass had a winter wonderworld in itself. Snow-crystals were glittering around and though it feld very cold that day, we had the best winter-ski-cross-country ever.

"In summertime also a very lovely place"

Willingen Usseln is also in smmertime a great place tpo be. Let me also not forget to tell you about the Subtropical swimmingpool that is famous in Sauerland. It has a whole cave-landscape and is as well wonderful for young as old.
What always reminds me most from the summertimes in Wilingen is the wonderful (railway)viaduct that is crossing the valley (see picture). Just something special in the view along the village with it's farmhouses and "Fachwerk"-beauty.

Comments