Usedom Hotels

Our Members Say

• christine.j profile photo christine.j
  • Reviews: 913

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Waldhof Hotel: In the forest, not on the beach

When I had started looking for accomodation I was surprised about how much many hotels asked. The beach was not our main purpose for travelling to Usedom, so we didn't have to stay near the sea. We then found the Waldhof Hotel near Trassenheide and booked an apartment there. This hotel is situated in the forest, about a 20 minutes walk to the beach and a 10 minutes walk to the town.
The ground floor and first floors are hotel rooms, the second floor has been turned into apartments. The one we had booked had two rooms, a bedroom and a living-room/kitchen combination. We liked it very much. The only problem I can see would be on hot summer days, there is no fan and even in early May it was quite warm under the roof. If I go back there, I will certainly pack a fan.

We paid 71 Euro per night.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 29, 2008
Tip Photo

• bijo69 profile photo bijo69
  • Reviews: 943

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Residenz: Average place to stay

The Hotel Residenz is certainly an ok place to stay, but I'm sure there are better options on the island... It's located a bit far from the action between Heringsdorf and Bansin, about 1km from the beach.

The building itself isn't of high quality and the interior is of inferior material, so don't expect much of the rooms.

The staff was extremly friendly and helpful.

The breakfast buffet is included and offers a vast selection of breads, cereals, fruits, eggs and so on.

Bicycles can be hired for 5 EUR/day.

A restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, but I didn't try it.

Use of the sauna is included in the price.

• Opinion of Price: about average