Best Western Hotel am Papenberg

BEST WESTERN Hotel am Papenberg
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Göttingen

La Casa RestaurantLa Casa Restaurant

Side view of "Water knows no frontiers"Side view of "Water knows no frontiers"

Entrance of "Zum Schwarzen Baeren"Entrance of "Zum Schwarzen Baeren"

Panorama - invitation to morePanorama - invitation to more

Travel Tips for Göttingen

Packing List

by bmiller39

I like to travel light..There is a french luggage company called delsey and I think they make the best bags fro traveling..excellent rollers and built in elasic straps that really pack things in well and helps prevent wrinkles. I only take one bag because I don't like the hassle of luggage. My delsey has performed well I recommend dr maarten walking shoes..not particularly attractive but extremely comfortable....I don't worry about weather because if it is raining, I plan other activities or buy a cheap umbrella or poncho locally... Everything is available locally I usually leave my digital camera at home because it is too big to lug..an old sony fd95,,so I like to travel with my Nikon proena aps format which is smaller and lighter...If I ever hit the lottery, I will buy one of the new fuji's digitals that are really small and pocket size A light weight mountain sleeping bag is always handy... I lke to travel with binoculars..when I am driving through European cities it is necessary to be in the proper traffic lane and often the directional signs appear just before the turn...which means it is too late to change lanes..so the binoculars really help when you are at a red light and want to read the traffic direction signs well ahead...To me they are a must for driving in large cities...The signs are there but not apparant often until you are right on top of them...

Internationally-famous university town

by SSlatter

"Café culture."

Goettingen is perhaps the most famous university town in Germany, with a healthy and hefty population of students. Centred around a vibrant Innenstadt (town centre), the town boasts a varied population of restaurants, and the café culture is everywhere in evidence, with outdoor tables seemingly everywhere. It also has its fair share of open spaces and parks, with Cheltenham Park and Schillerwiese amongst them.

I have lived in Göttingen

by alexberlin

Gänseliesel (Kiss me Doctor)
A longstanding tradition requires all fresh doctors of the university to kiss the statue of the gracious goose-herder maid installed in 1901 in the center of the fountain in front of the Old Town Hall.

Comments