Sudstrand 118, Wilhelmshaven, Lower Saxony, 26382, Germany
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Wilhelmshaven

Seal at Wilhelmshaven AquariumSeal at Wilhelmshaven Aquarium

Wilhelmshaven from the skyWilhelmshaven from the sky

Fachhochschule WilhelmshavenFachhochschule Wilhelmshaven

Inside the museumInside the museum

Getting there

by Ltonya5467

Where would you fly into to get to Wilhelmshaven

Re: Getting there

by Turtleshell

You don't say where you are from, but if possible I would fly into Bremen and then take the train.

Else: Hamburg or Hannover. If that's not possible, too, just fly into Frankfurt and spend half a day on the train.

Travel Tips for Wilhelmshaven

When there is a little meeting...

by Knoto

When there is a little meeting from Sailing Ships, go and visit it!!!!!
Really interesting.
At this time they was a meeting with the Gorch Fock and the Towaritsch (Former Gorch Fock 1)
This photo shows the Gorch Fock.

Take a Bird's View of the Islands in the North Sea

by whvcebu

During a visit at headoffice in Wilhelmshaven I took the chance to fly with this Beechcraft Sundowner from the airport of Mariensiel to the nearby islands along the North German coastal line.

There are commercial flights available at very reasonable prices.

Wilhelmshaven

by Gentleman75

"Some information about..."

Wilhelmshaven was founded in 1869 by Konig Wilhelm I. von Preussen. The main goal was to give base the German Navy then, and now it is the biggest Navy harbour in Germany.

If You need more information about Wilhelmshaven then visit its official webpage.

"My experience..."

The first time I was here in 2001, I firts saw a small but real u-boot and not only outside but inside. It was so fantastic! Since then I always visit the u-boot if there is one in the town I'm in.

Wilhelmshaven is quiet a nice town, but it's not famous about its beauty.

There are very intersting museums in Wilhelmshaven (Oceanis, Deutsches Marinemuseum, Aquarium Wilhelmshaven) that are worth to visit.

Hooksiel

by Bigs

Hooksiel is a little fishermen´s town near Wilhelmshaven at the shore of the river Weser. A few kilometers ahead the north sea begins. It´s a quiet place with some wonderful fish restaurants and some nice hotels!

Wilhemshaven

by nighthawk

Once we unanumously decided to try to visit Norderney or one of the other small islands north of Wilhemshafen, my husband hurt his ankle. So no trip to the northern part of Germany :(. I just keep this entry here, for I think we will be visiting sometime this spring. :)
It will either be a visit to one of the islands (Norderney, Juist) or an exploration of Wilhelmshafen. Eitherway, we will see a lot of the northern German coast, for if there s a road close to the dyke, we will take it.
If anyone has any suggestions for us, a family of five, please tell me !

For your and my convenience: click Euro convertor.

Comments