Hotel Excelsior Bochum

Hotel Excelsior Bochum
Expedia.com Booking.com hotel.info

More about Bochum

German Mining Museum, Bochum, GermanyGerman Mining Museum, Bochum, Germany

my best mate getting merry in riffmy best mate getting merry in riff

MandragoraMandragora

by bekerovka

by bekerovka

by Elena77

The correct link is:

There is no bus stop at Karl-Arnold-Str. The closest alternative is Zollstr. So enter "Hbf" at the "origin" gap and "Zollstr." at "destination" gap.

Travel Tips for Bochum

Friendly people

by 78Eva

Ok, so Bochum may not be Germany's most beautiful, most interesting, most whatever city (although it really isn't ugly or boring either), but I simply like it there. I find it combines friendly, down-to-earth people with a huge cultural aspect. There are always interesting exhibitions, concerts, readings, plays, movies etc.
I was surprised at the friendliness of the people there. Perhaps that is because the people from my area are known for being a bit stiff, not very talkative and pretty stubborn. Everywhere in Bochum I felt very welcome and was treated friendly. They say "du" a lot instead of "Sie". In cafes and shops the staff was great. They took some time, they smiled, perhaps even chatted a bit - I think the good feeling that sort of treatment gave me is an indicator for how much people must have gotten used to dealing with unfriendly, ***y, hurried and unpersonal service!

Not sure if this is really off...

by Bagillbaer

Not sure if this is really off the beaten path, but I guess, if I came to Bochum as a total stranger, my first thought wouldn't be 'Oh, I gotta see that planetarium everybody's been telling me about!' - or would it?However, now that you know there's a planetarium in Bochum, you can go there, or have a look on their website first (or copy and paste http://www.bochum.de/english/bosehe4.htm for those whose stupid Netscape isn't able to read the link (or is it just my stupid Netscape?)).Oh, and here's the credit: Hello dear webmaster of bochum.de, I took one of your pictures. I'm not making any money with it. So please don't sue me. I thank you very much. :oD
Here's the address and stuff:
Zeiss Planetarium Bochum
Castroper Str. 67
44777 Bochum

Mo. - Fr.: 8.30 - 15.00
Tel.: 0234 / 51 60 6-13
Fax: 0234 / 51 60 6-51
e-mail: planetarium@bochum.de

BOCHUM - "the canopy bed for pigeons"

by hundertmorgen

Not far from the Weitmarer wood, behind the big old trees of the castle park Weitmar, are two historic architectural monuments which take a significant position in the history of Bochum: the castle ruin of House Weitmar and the Sylvesterchapel.

Opposite the ruins is the exhibition "Situation Kunst" (situation art), which opens in 1990.

Comments